Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #121
BmoreRavens
Water Boy

Member Number: 11753
Default Re: Wanna piss off a Ravens fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Any knowledable fan knows that the last two games don't factor into the outcome, hell that's why they play the game but for you to come in here thumping your chest that the ratbirds are going to roll in and roll out victoriously is more outlandish. I mean really, what are you basing your decision on? Being a fan? Then what did you think you were going to get on a STEELERS MB? Something like "Oh my the ratbirds are going to kill us, they're so dominating, what are we going to do" threads?

We have every reason to feel good about the ratbirds coming to town and while we can expect the same knock down, drag out, old school football game there is also things out there that give the Steelers a better edge and it begins with, We won the first two games - but there's more. Injuries, home field, QB play in the last games alone, etc.

But I digress, CHEERS to a good game and no injuries

and a STEELERS TRIP TO TAMPA!!!

I apologize to come off as THUMPING MY CHEST. But i feel know one in the media any where , including ESPN are even considering the Ravens as a threat. So I decided to check out a Steelers fan perspective.So i found out that most knowledgeable fans do respect the coming of the division rival. Then "Wanna piss off a Ravens fan?" Got me fired up and i reacted. If you call yourself such knowlable fans why are you so concern on how to piss of a Ravens Fan?
BmoreRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #122
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreRavens View Post
I apologize to come off as THUMPING MY CHEST. But i feel know one in the media any where , including ESPN are even considering the Ravens as a threat. So I decided to check out a Steelers fan perspective.So i found out that most knowledgeable fans do respect the coming of the division rival. Then "Wanna piss off a Ravens fan?" Got me fired up and i reacted. If you call yourself such knowlable fans why are you so concern on how to piss of a Ravens Fan?
Personally I hate the Ravens players...but dont hate their Fans.

Now the Bengals on the other hand...I hate their fans and their players. The team has proved NOTHING..and their fans are too dumb to realize it.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:41 PM   #123
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Dude, I'm in my own forum interacting with family and the flying rat fans that make their way in to my home (if you will). I enter into almost every thread and correspond as I see fit in my own home.

And while the media may not be given any love to the ratbirds, it isn't like the fans and the Steelers players and coaches don't know who is coming knocking come Sunday night. So playing the disrespect card, doesn't work here.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #124
BmoreRavens
Water Boy

Member Number: 11753

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Dude, I'm in my own forum interacting with family and the flying rat fans that make their way in to my home (if you will). I enter into almost every thread and correspond as I see fit in my own home.

And while the media may not be given any love to the ratbirds, it isn't like the fans and the Steelers players and coaches don't know who is coming knocking come Sunday night. So playing the disrespect card, doesn't work here.
Ok truck , since I can see you are looked highly upon from your peers. How do you perceive the Ravens Steeler game to plan out?

As for the disrespcet card, i can already tell it wont work here since im talking to you in a Wanna piss off a Ravens fan? thread .
BmoreRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #125
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 11049

Quote:
Ok truck , since I can see you are looked highly upon from your peers. How do you perceive the Ravens Steeler game to plan out?

As for the disrespcet card, i can already tell it wont work here since im talking to you in a Wanna piss off a Ravens fan? thread .
Wow i have only been a member for this site for a month know and I have never seen StlrTruck tolerate someone for this long. haha
Old 01-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #126
Luigi
Water Boy

Member Number: 11757

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Just remind them that thier team is the bastard child of the Cleveland Browns!

I was talking to someone who I thought was a friend of mine yesterday, and he started talking about the Ravens history. He brought up Jim Brown and Johnny Unitas!

I told him to shut the hell up. Unitas played for the Colts, all The championships and records all went with the Colts to Indianapolis. And that Jim Brown played for the Browns, who's history and records all stayed in Cleveland when the team moved and became the Baltimore Ravens.

I told him that his team isn't even 20 years old, and they really do not have a history. I then told him that the only history his team has right now is the fact that they are the bastard child of the Cleveland Browns.

He won't talk to me anymore, which really isn't that much of a loss.
Just got here... It looks like this thread has wandered way off the OP so I'm not going to read it all. To the OP:

Your friend is a dork for bringing up Unitas as Ravens history, and an even bigger dork for bringing up Jim Brown. The Ravens history is what it is. Baltimore has plenty of NFL history - some great, some not so great.

As for the "bastard child" thing, that horse has been beaten into glue. Who cares? I'm a Ravens fan and can promise you, it doesn't piss me off. It bores me and tells me pretty quickly that they guy who said it would make Jethro Bodine look like Stephen Hawking; especially Championship week after 13 years of having no team at all.

Cleveland is a cesspool that still has a team called the "Browns." Fittingly. And they still suck. Even more fittingly.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #127
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:

As we have all stated, this is going to be a old school hard nosed smashmouth football game. While I expect both offenses to occassionally move the ball, it will most likely be between the 30's.

The key for the Steelers is ball control and give the defense time to rest. We can't be on the field every 3 and out. I think in order to move the ball it's going to take the short passing routes and allowing the WRs or RBs to get YAC. It will also taking our offensive line to play just as well as they did against the chargers. Defensively, it's got to be everyone playing for everyone else and making sure if they don't sack Flacco that they at least hit him every time he steps back to throw.

The key for the ratbirds is to strike quickly and strike often. It's been stated in another thread that the Steelers safeties are subject to the deep ball. I would add they are aggressive to the run and could bite on play action. Also, keep Flacco upright and untouched. He's played good ball all year long and he seems to be doing the same thing Ben did his rookie year - not losing the game. Defensively, it's stop FWP and keep Ben in the pocket. If Ben is allowed to get outside the pocket he becomes a double threat (as was proven against the chargers).

And for both teams, finish drives and take full advantage of all turnovers!

AND LET ME ADD: I think that if the ratbirds come out and play the first half like they did against Tennesse, it will be a hard long day for them. I still don't understand why both teams were playing conservative in a go home game.

Last edited by stlrtruck; 01-14-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: let me add
Old 01-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #128
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi Kapp Steeler View Post
Wow i have only been a member for this site for a month know and I have never seen StlrTruck tolerate someone for this long. haha
Just giving this guy a chance to prove he's either knowledgable about the game or the I'm seeing him to be.

But don't worry huntin' season continues for another few days!

Old 01-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #129
Gooch
Water Boy

Member Number: 11764

I would like to piss ON a Ravens fan :P
Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #130
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I would like to piss ON a Ravens fan :P

I have pissed on thier stadium.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote