Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #21
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Wanna piss off a Ravens fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover4Prez View Post
please do not speak of things in Baltimore that you do not understand.

There is no self respecting Baltimore fan that would ever claim a single accomplishment of the Colts of Indiannapolis.
Before you go thumping your chest that people on this board don't know a thing about baltimore you should make sure you know with whom you are having a conversation. I spent my entire childhood, teenage, and 20's in the area and I am fully aware of the history of baltimore and it's sports franchises. So I do have the "right" as you put it to speak of such things.

And I've heard more than one ratbirds fan attempt to ride the COLTS coat tails on history. The city didn't do a damn thing for the COLTS, hell before they left town you could get a ticket on game day easier than you could get change for a buck! Baltimore didn't deserve the COLTS, they barely supported them and then for the longest time, even the ratbirds had tickets available on game day. Yeah, great fan base and a great start to a new franchise.

Ratbird fans want to argue this that and the other about the COLTS history and how those previous Super Bowls belong to the city. Well that's just about the most idiotic statement I've ever heard. Those trophies belong to the franchise that once played the hollowed grounds of Memorial Stadium.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #22
jev7452
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11286

only thing i have to say about this topic is that all the history might be part of baltimore, but has NOTHING to do with the ravens.. no disrespect to the city what-so-ever..
jev7452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #23
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,506 Times in 1,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Those trophies belong to the franchise that once played the hollowed grounds of Memorial Stadium.
thats my only question.....are the trophies the colts won still in baltimore??? ....case closed....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:31 AM   #24
Stover4Prez
Banned

Member Number: 11715

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
thats my only question.....are the trophies the colts won still in baltimore??? ....case closed....

You mean the one the Baltimore Colts won in Super Bowl V? Yeah, its in Baltimore. Get your facts straight and then claim to know our history.
Stover4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:48 AM   #25
Stover4Prez
Banned

Member Number: 11715

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Before you go thumping your chest that people on this board don't know a thing about baltimore you should make sure you know with whom you are having a conversation. I spent my entire childhood, teenage, and 20's in the area and I am fully aware of the history of baltimore and it's sports franchises. So I do have the "right" as you put it to speak of such things.

And I've heard more than one ratbirds fan attempt to ride the COLTS coat tails on history. The city didn't do a damn thing for the COLTS, hell before they left town you could get a ticket on game day easier than you could get change for a buck! Baltimore didn't deserve the COLTS, they barely supported them and then for the longest time, even the ratbirds had tickets available on game day. Yeah, great fan base and a great start to a new franchise.

Ratbird fans want to argue this that and the other about the COLTS history and how those previous Super Bowls belong to the city. Well that's just about the most idiotic statement I've ever heard. Those trophies belong to the franchise that once played the hollowed grounds of Memorial Stadium.
Well for a person versed in the history of Baltimore, you apparently have no recollection of the fans or the passion of the city. I will tell you though that the heart and soul of Baltimore fans was ripped out that cold snowy night when Bob Irsay stole the team to Indy. Apparently you don't remember Donald Shafer crying on the front door step of his row house the morning after, or the despair of the fans. Was everything handled perfectly by the city, no. But Irsay swore on television that he would consult the city before he left, and he did not.

Regardless, you will never convince a single die hard BALTIMORE fan who remembers the Colts, that football in our city before 1983 no longer exists. From the Colts marching band (which stayed in existence until it became the Ravens marching band) to Johnny Unitas (who is in the ring of honor at M&T Bank Stadium and has a #19 flag that is carried by the color guard), this city will always embrace its deep football history. Ever been to Unitas Plaza? Ever seen every Raven fan entering there rub the foot of the statue of Unitas before the game? Don't tell me it isn't our history. You don't have to like it or understand it. But it is a fact.

And as for the Super Bowl V Lombardi trophy won by the BALTIMORE Colts, it sits in a case on display about 800 yards from Ravens Stadium. Just in case you want to go "re-educate" yourself.
Stover4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:34 AM   #26
MJ5150
Starter

Member Number: 3203

OK, so you got your history from before 1983. I have no issues with that.

Is it going to help you win this Sunday?

-Mike
MJ5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #27
Ravengirl
Banned

Member Number: 11621

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Just remind them that thier team is the bastard child of the Cleveland Browns!

I was talking to someone who I thought was a friend of mine yesterday, and he started talking about the Ravens history. He brought up Jim Brown and Johnny Unitas!

I told him to shut the hell up. Unitas played for the Colts, all The championships and records all went with the Colts to Indianapolis. And that Jim Brown played for the Browns, who's history and records all stayed in Cleveland when the team moved and became the Baltimore Ravens.

I told him that his team isn't even 20 years old, and they really do not have a history. I then told him that the only history his team has right now is the fact that they are the bastard child of the Cleveland Browns.

He won't talk to me anymore, which really isn't that much of a loss.

Yeah, Cleveland moved to Baltimore. So what? It's the past. Besides, Cleveland got their team back, colors, logo, and history within a matter of what.....3-4 years. It took Baltimore 13 years !!!! to get back to the NFL. You can't call yourself an educated person of sports if you attempt to take away the contributions Baltimore Colts have given to the league. Most of the Baltimore Colts have said numerous times that they will always be a Baltimore Colt. And even Johnny Unitas himself asked Indy to no longer identify him with that team. You may live in Cleveland, but you don't identify with the pain of losing a team in your city feels like because you are a Steeler fan. Yes, the Steelers are lucky to have remained in Pittsburgh, but just appreciate what you have and don't bash others because of something that happened years ago. Do you think the Ravens are going to be thinking about 1983 when we beat the Steelers Sunday?

Within a 10-11 year span, the Ravens have won a Super Bowl and the Browns are still in spiral downward. If anything, I think the Ravens history is starting off very bright and it will continue to shine significantly by Sunday evening.
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #28
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stover4Prez View Post
And as for the Super Bowl V Lombardi trophy won by the BALTIMORE Colts, it sits in a case on display about 800 yards from Ravens Stadium. Just in case you want to go "re-educate" yourself.
Last time I heard it was a replica and there's also one with the COLTS too.

I don't need a re-education on anything from baltimore. Fans stopped going to COLTS games well before 83, they were left for dead, and the owner moved them out of town. Even when the browns came to town, it was the same - half empty stadiums.

You can thump your chest and make it sound like baltimore supported their teams but it wasn't until they were gone that they realized what they had. And I could give two craps left about some mayor crying on his front porch. Boo-freakin'-hoo!

And now finally that they've got a team that alternates between basement and trying to win the division and also playing in the playoffs, they (the fans) think they've reached some pinnacle of fandom.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #29
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravengirl View Post
Within a 10-11 year span, the Ravens have won a Super Bowl and the Browns are still in spiral downward. If anything, I think the Ravens history is starting off very bright and it will continue to shine significantly by Sunday evening.
Yes, the lights of history will be shining brightly off the back of their helmets as they walk off the field, heads down, in defeat!!

Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #30
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

If someone wants to give me the history of pro football in Baltimore, that includes the Baltimore Colts.

But when someone tries to give me a Ravens history lesson as my "friend" (he is still not speaking to me), then I prefer them to stick to 1996 and beyond, because the Ravens are 1996 and beyond, anything before 1996 is the Colts who moved to Indianapolis. Anything before 1996 is in Cleveland, not Baltimore but some people do try to cling to that as Ravens history.

Some Ravens fans, like the family I have in Friendsville, don't seem to realize this stuff.

Ravens history is from 1996-present. Just because Johnny Unitas seperated himself from the Colts when they moved, because there is a #19 flag for him, because he's in the Ravens Ring of Honor, and because he openly supported the Ravens doesn't make his accomplishments that of the Ravens...which there are those who do think that.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote