Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274
Default Re: I'm all for self-mutilation, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
As Preacher said above - I also believe it is their form of self-expression whatever that may be.

Several years back, one of my roomies in the hospital was a 22 year old girl who was tatooed from her neck down, front and back. When the nurse came in to put an IV in, she freaked out and was wailing like a moose. Took the poor nurse over 1/2 hour to get the damned needle into her arm because she was writhing all over the bed and having a total meltdown. I don't have any tatooes and I won't ever have any for personal reasons, but I know how tatoos are done and couldn't understand how this chick could suffer through hundreds of tatoo needles all over her body but act like such a big puss over ONE IV needle.
I know what your talking about. I've been in the hospital many many times *Type I diabetic* and I think its retarded when tattooed/pierced people freak out and what not because they have to get ONE F*N IV put in. When I had my daughter I had 3 IV lines goin. So like I told my hubby, they need to grow a pair.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,640 Times in 4,008 Posts

my ink has been a tedious 4 year work in progress.

its a lifesize self portrait of myself, so its gonna take a while.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #13
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
my ink has been a tedious 4 year work in progress.

its a lifesize self portrait of myself, so its gonna take a while.

Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #14
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Had an earring once. Never got a tattoo. I don't even know what I would get if I did.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #15
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

I've got "Welcome to England, have a nice day" tattooed on my knob.

Well,........someone had to say it!!
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #16
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

nah... most kids just do it because they saw the concept at hot topic.... it's as simple as that.

In all seriousness.... I have 6 holes in my ears (I used to work in the mall at Afterthoughts and always was the "tester" for new employees)... I was 15 then, I'm 32 now)... I have 3 tattoos... I always wanted them... I got my first when I was 18, and my last when I was 21... I've thought of others but take my time to decide since most of my art, I really don't like... I was young, and made choices very quickly... and not always the best ones... add the navel and sometimes a thought might like a nose ring and that's about as crazy as I'm getting...

Most kids... do this... to get the reaction they got from you... (some like more than what you did) but the looks are what most enjoy. Then they will retreat to their den of Twilight posters and talk about you ;) (teasing of course).
Old 01-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #17
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249

I'll admit I've been tempted lately-ever since seeing an upper arm band of dolphins on a guy done entirely without black outlines!!!! It was beautiful & correctly proportioned (I see alot of cheesy dolphin art down here where they get the noses all wrong) & he is a local guy with a good rep.
I'm an artist & would be too anal about the work being put on my body & I see some horrible stuff . For example there was a guy ahead of me in line at the store with a big tat of a naked woman on his shoulder & arm & all I could notice was that the artist put the nipples waaay too close together & it looked bizarre to me. Now alot of people would think it's awesome but if someone did something like that to me I'd have to burn his shop down. I've had nightmares of having big horrible tattoos on my thighs & being in the shower trying to scrub them off with a scotchbrite pad & crying & crying, so no, it's best that I stay tattoo free!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #18
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

Quote:
Originally Posted by beSteelmyheart View Post
I'll admit I've been tempted lately-ever since seeing an upper arm band of dolphins on a guy done entirely without black outlines!!!! It was beautiful & correctly proportioned (I see alot of cheesy dolphin art down here where they get the noses all wrong) & he is a local guy with a good rep.
I'm an artist & would be too anal about the work being put on my body & I see some horrible stuff . For example there was a guy ahead of me in line at the store with a big tat of a naked woman on his shoulder & arm & all I could notice was that the artist put the nipples waaay too close together & it looked bizarre to me. Now alot of people would think it's awesome but if someone did something like that to me I'd have to burn his shop down. I've had nightmares of having big horrible tattoos on my thighs & being in the shower trying to scrub them off with a scotchbrite pad & crying & crying, so no, it's best that I stay tattoo free!
I am a huge fan of the non-outlined tattoos! I would love to get mine covered... I am an artist as well and wasn't at the time of getting my tattoos done (well I dabbled but I wouldn't have thought of myself as an artist otherwise I would have created my own tattoo concepts not picked off the wall - I totally agree with you on those counts!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Had an earring once. Never got a tattoo. I don't even know what I would get if I did.
Same here. I noticed that my grandfathers tatoo's that he got in WWII when he was about 18 all look like big blue blobs now, and that was all it took to dissuade me...

But, to each his own...
Old 01-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #20
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I am planning on getting a Steelers tattoo on my right arm.
Me too, pending a victory in 2 weeks.