Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2005, 10:40 PM   #21
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter
 
Motley Nate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 523
Gender: Male
Member Number: 735
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
You beat me to it Nate, well said..............Hey by the way why are we helping Steeler fans out against clown fans? I think it's the Christmas season
I hate the Steelers but I like these guys. It's a respectable board and needs to be kept that way. Where else can I boast about the Steelers not winning the AFC North this year? Giving Figg crap on our board is only entertaining for so long.

My hatred for the Clowns runs much, much deeper on a personal level. You know that. I'm all for education, educate these clowns before the next expansion team moves in.
__________________
Motley Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:52 PM   #22
GatorDawg
Water Boy
 
GatorDawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13
Member Number: 963
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley Nate
So what does that make the Lerner family?

Quadriplegic moles?

Considering it's the third year in a row that the Bengals have finished with a better record than the Pretend-Browns, your blind squirrel reference is, well frankly, weak.

I just want to know how it feels to have a collective record this season of 10 and 19 with your teams the Baltimore Browns and the Cleveland Pretend-Browns.

To bad you don't know your facts the way you think you do.....From NFL.COM


The Cleveland Browns all time record is 404 332 10 for a winning percentage of 54%....a far cry from the crap you are trying to pass off as fact.....Don't give up, try again!
__________________
A DARKSIDE resident

Come visit

where only the strong survive!
GatorDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:00 PM   #23
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter
 
Motley Nate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 523
Gender: Male
Member Number: 735
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDawg
To bad you don't know your facts the way you think you do.....From NFL.COM


The Cleveland Browns all time record is 404 332 10 for a winning percentage of 54%....a far cry from the crap you are trying to pass off as fact.....Don't give up, try again!
You are obviously referring to the franchise that moved to Baltimore, not to be confused with an expansion team. Just because some guy in an office gave you a piece of paper doesn't give you the right to lay claim to someone else's achievements. The biggest portion of those games are Art Modell's. Sorry about your luck.

The Pretend-Browns are a low grade expansion team in Cleveland. The Browns are a sub .500 team in Baltimore.

You can't deny your team(s) are 10 and 19 this year. I know it's a tough pill to swallow but you should be used to it. Take solice in the fact that Art brought home a Super Bowl trophy for you albeit in a different city.
__________________
Motley Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:06 PM   #24
GatorDawg
Water Boy
 
GatorDawg's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13
Member Number: 963
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley Nate
You are obviously referring to the franchise that moved to Baltimore, not to be confused with an expansion team. Just because some guy in an office gave you a piece of paper doesn't give you the right to lay claim to someone else's achievements. The biggest portion of those games are Art Modell's. Sorry about your luck.

The Pretend-Browns are a low grade expansion team in Cleveland. The Browns are a sub .500 team in Baltimore.

You can't deny your team(s) are 10 and 19 this year. I know it's a tough pill to swallow but you should be used to it. Take solice in the fact that Art brought home a Super Bowl trophy for you albeit in a different city.

Once again, you are wrong.....

Interesting also, how on the NFL.com site, under the Steelers their are several astericks......For the Browns there was one, it stated the team did not play 1996-1998.....However for the Stoolers it states this:

*includes Pittsburgh Pirates (1933-1940).
**merged with Philadelphia Eagles for 1943.
***merged with Chicago Cardinals for 1944.

Oh yeah, with a record of 484 479 21 ....that's a tremendous winning percentage of .491......Or maybe we should look at it as half full.....a losing percentage of .509?!?!?!
__________________
A DARKSIDE resident

Come visit

where only the strong survive!
GatorDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:10 PM   #25
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter
 
BB2W's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Your Mom's
Posts: 2,685
Gender: Male
Member Number: 328
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Don't feel bad GatorDawg, the game was a lot closer than the actual score...

























__________________
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:25 PM   #26
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter
 
Motley Nate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 523
Gender: Male
Member Number: 735
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDawg
Once again, you are wrong.....

Interesting also, how on the NFL.com site, under the Steelers their are several astericks......For the Browns there was one, it stated the team did not play 1996-1998.....However for the Stoolers it states this:

*includes Pittsburgh Pirates (1933-1940).
**merged with Philadelphia Eagles for 1943.
***merged with Chicago Cardinals for 1944.

Oh yeah, with a record of 484 479 21 ....that's a tremendous winning percentage of .491......Or maybe we should look at it as half full.....a losing percentage of .509?!?!?!
Keep trying. Your team is in Baltimore and then won a Super Bowl. You should be proud of them. The Pretend-Browns have nothing in a common lineage with the team that was the Browns currently in Baltimore. It's only a name and team colors. Not the same front office and management that supported a Super Bowl winning franchise in the 99-00 season. How come Ozzie won a ring with the Baltimore Browns and not the Cleveland Pretend-Browns? Oh that's right, because he like the rest of the organization moved to Baltimore.

The Pretend-Browns only have those records because Tagliabue was given a guilt trip by the city of Cleveland and allowed the city to keep the colors and records. Too bad Tagliabue wouldn't let Cleveland keep the team that won a Super Bowl four years later.

Hence in the 6 year operating existence of the Pretend-Browns:

35 wins
76 losses

A losing record, it's ok to admit it. Look at the Houston Texans, so it's not like you're the only expansion team with a hard time adjusting to professional football.
__________________
Motley Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #27
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter
 
Motley Nate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: O-H-I-O
Posts: 523
Gender: Male
Member Number: 735
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDawg
Once again, you are wrong.....

Interesting also, how on the NFL.com site, under the Steelers their are several astericks......For the Browns there was one, it stated the team did not play 1996-1998.....However for the Stoolers it states this:

*includes Pittsburgh Pirates (1933-1940).
**merged with Philadelphia Eagles for 1943.
***merged with Chicago Cardinals for 1944.

Oh yeah, with a record of 484 479 21 ....that's a tremendous winning percentage of .491......Or maybe we should look at it as half full.....a losing percentage of .509?!?!?!
Pssst, GatorDoofus, I'm not a Steeler fan so it really serves as no consequence to me what their record is. At least they didn't move out of town with some other expansion team claiming their team history.
__________________
Motley Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:32 PM   #28
Koopa
Living Legend
 
Koopa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Coast Born, That Mean I'm Texas Raised
Posts: 3,439
Gender: Male
Member Number: 508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK CANDY BEE
Uh ...........excuse me, but isn't Jax the bunch who is BOTH above your team in the seedings AND beat your tails earlier this year ?? Yeah, that's what I thought !!
beat our tails? tommy ****ing maddox took them to OT and they need him to throw them the game winning touchdown to win the damn game. and leftwhich is hurt and will not be the same when he comes back in the playoffs he'll be rusty as hell and playing the pats so they are a one and done team. so nope not what you thought!!
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:36 PM   #29
Koopa
Living Legend
 
Koopa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Coast Born, That Mean I'm Texas Raised
Posts: 3,439
Gender: Male
Member Number: 508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDawg
....Yinz looked good today....If you keep playing like this, you could make some noise in the playoffs!!!!!


However, I still think you Stooler Pukes are low-lifes at the bottom of the food chain, that has a football team in the hunt for the playoffs!
don't be upset that ya'll never ever be on our level.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:39 AM   #30
Koopa
Living Legend
 
Koopa's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Coast Born, That Mean I'm Texas Raised
Posts: 3,439
Gender: Male
Member Number: 508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Back for crow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDawg
Well if we had one, I'd tell you
here's something i found on foxsports.com

Quote:
Pittsburgh outgained Cleveland 457-178 and sacked Frye eight times. The Steelers handed the Browns (5-10) a loss every bit as demoralizing as their 43-0 shutout in the 1999 season opener when Cleveland made its return to the NFL as an expansion team.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5190974
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts