Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 12-24-2005, 11:17 PM   #11
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Chink in Bungles armor

Terrence Mcgee took over that game. A 99-yard kick return for a TD, then an INT return for a TD to seal it.

Kelly Holcomb has always given the Bengals defense fits (recall last year's second-highest scoring game in NFL history). The Bengals just played too sloppy to win today...they live and die on Carson's arm...Carson threw a couple of picks and they lost.

Oh well, better to lose now than come playoff time.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:27 AM   #12
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

to bad it will come playoff time right around when the steelers roll in
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 01:32 AM   #13
CASTEEL
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 884

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Don't kid yourself.. that's gonna happen soon enough!
Old 12-25-2005, 06:57 AM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I`m not writing the Bengals off. But I wasn`t worried about them anyway, Ben is getting healthy, and so is our O line. And we are clicking, momentum is huge in the NFL. HUGE.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #15
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

I think your Bengals are 10 players short of a SB run . . . it is the 10 (Delthea is a good CB) that line up on the defensive side of the ball! If your team would ever get its def going you may have a good team. The Bengals have always had the offensive tools to make a good run, but never the defense to win. Look at the Colts last year, best offense ever and couldnt do crap cause the had no def. You will see come 1st round of the playoffs . . .
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 02:15 PM   #16
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead
I think your Bengals are 10 players short of a SB run . . . it is the 10 (Delthea is a good CB) that line up on the defensive side of the ball! If your team would ever get its def going you may have a good team. The Bengals have always had the offensive tools to make a good run, but never the defense to win. Look at the Colts last year, best offense ever and couldnt do crap cause the had no def. You will see come 1st round of the playoffs . . .
??????????????? Odell Thurman and David Pollack just suck huh? and Madeiu Willaims is terrible when he is healthy, not to mention Tory James and Keiwan Ratliff they shouldn't even be in the league......And it's not like any team would give their left nuts for Brian Simmons.......My God only one good player on that defense.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #17
SteelCurtain
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Excellent grammer here the Bengals blew a game something the Steelers have done a few times as well, does that mean you suck also? Let me answer for you...........No it means teams have bad days, the Colts lost to the Chargers who in turn lost to KC and are not a great team. Does that mean Indy sucks? No not at all.

Bengals are not making a Superbowl run this season like the Steelers should have coming off a 15-1 season, if you ask me you guys are worst for going form 15-1 to chasing a wild card the Bengals are 4 players from a solid Super Bowl team 2 defensive tackles, a Tight End, and a safety bc Kim Herring just isn't going to cut it. Steelers on the other hand, what happened?
Well, first off the steelers should be making a superbowl run coming off of a 15-1 season assuming they would have stayed healthy all season. They had to many injuries to too important of personell to be making a run such as say the Colts have. They are still in the hunt to make the playoffs and since when does it matter if you win the Division championship or get a wild card spot, you still make the playoffs, which lets you make a run for the super bowl. And believe me I wouldn't have it any other way this year then for them to tough it out by makin the playoffs through a wild card spot and winning their way on the road. As for the bengals they are a good team and an up and coming team, but we know what happened the first game when the steelers were healthy.

Quote:
Kitna could have takin control with no problem, wouldn't be the same but it would be good......Palmer isn't a little ***** who whines everytime he gets hit, whenever the Steelers lose Ben hurts something, he will eventually run out of body parts to hurt / excuses.
As for Ben hurting something as an excuse, I don't know if you saw that blow to his knee that sat him out for awhile, but similar hits have ended careers. Then his other knee had a torn meniscus that required surgery...he had to be making that up and using it as an excuse for a loss. His thumb is hurt, which actually requires surgery, but he opted to wait until the season is over because he realizes what an impact he has to his team when he plays. So you're apparent slander of Ben's character is obviously ludicrous. If you want to evaluate anyone's character there should be a mirror in your bathroom where you can stare and reevaluate yourself, which by looking at your avatar and signature banner you obviously need to partake in. Because I seriously doubt anyone can take anything you say seriously after observing those two pictures, "pimp."
Old 12-25-2005, 05:59 PM   #18
StillerPaul
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Terrence Mcgee took over that game. A 99-yard kick return for a TD, then an INT return for a TD to seal it.

Kelly Holcomb has always given the Bengals defense fits (recall last year's second-highest scoring game in NFL history). The Bengals just played too sloppy to win today...they live and die on Carson's arm...Carson threw a couple of picks and they lost.

As a long time Steelers fan, trust me when i say you had better be worried. Ya want your team to be playing their best football this time of year. Ask any Patriot fan too, for that matter. Here's hoping your team don't choke next week too. We're coming to town.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #19
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain
As for Ben hurting something as an excuse, I don't know if you saw that blow to his knee that sat him out for awhile, but similar hits have ended careers. Then his other knee had a torn meniscus that required surgery...he had to be making that up and using it as an excuse for a loss. His thumb is hurt, which actually requires surgery, but he opted to wait until the season is over because he realizes what an impact he has to his team when he plays. So you're apparent slander of Ben's character is obviously ludicrous. If you want to evaluate anyone's character there should be a mirror in your bathroom where you can stare and reevaluate yourself, which by looking at your avatar and signature banner you obviously need to partake in. Because I seriously doubt anyone can take anything you say seriously after observing those two pictures, "pimp."
No what is ludicrous is how many Steeler fans (and only Steeler fans) say Ben is a much better QB then Palmer stats don't lie my friend and they never will.
As for my sig and avatar it's put up as a joke, and those who know me (does not include you) know that.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #20
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Never said we would make it out of the first round, but you can expect a dog fight for the next several years. The only goal we should have (bengals/steelers) is to keep browns 1 and 1.1 bottom feeders

And as for 15-1 look for Cincy to be doing it eventually, like I said 4 players away from it.

But just to clarify things up I have no problem with anyone on this board, but I hate when someone signs up and makes a post or two about how the Bengals suck or any team sucks for that matter it just is one of my pet peeves.
That comment on the Browns is something our teams do Real well

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote