Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #61
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: 22 year old woman selling virginity in auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasStlrFan View Post
Prostitution, aka "The worlds oldest profession". Someone please explain why the government should be innvolved with 2 consenting adults having sex? Especially if it is ran like a business, think of it as a repair service or a handyman.

Make sure you read the post before you respond, I did say "consenting adults".
Because if they can make money off of it, they want their fair share

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #62
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Prostitution, aka "The worlds oldest profession". Someone please explain why the government should be innvolved with 2 consenting adults having sex? Especially if it is ran like a business, think of it as a repair service or a handyman.

Make sure you read the post before you respond, I did say "consenting adults".

Because according to many. . . there is way too big a chance that it won't be that.

I am not saying whether I agree or not agree. Just that the issue has been debated here in the last election.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:21 AM   #63
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,527 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Because according to many. . . there is way too big a chance that it won't be that.

I am not saying whether I agree or not agree. Just that the issue has been debated here in the last election.
so does having it illegal ensure minors aren't involved? its much easier to monitor legal activities, then illegal underground operations......

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #64
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67 View Post
Actually, I just watched a documentary on Sex during the Civil War era and according to their findings, things were much more risque, if not more so, then they are today. They just didn't have the media means to share it openly like we do now.

In fact, prostitution and sexual deviancy was much more rampant at other times in our history. We are actually pretty moral compared to the Greeks, Romans or medieval French. At least by our standards today.

Sometimes I think we lose perspective.
I watched that last night as well on the History Channel. My favorite part was the steamboat that was nicknamed "The Floating profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilterhouse". That was classic.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #65
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 976

[QUOTE=stlrtruck;531339]Because if they can make money off of it, they want their fair share[/QUOTE

If its a business they pay taxes, and the government gets their $$$.
VegasStlrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #66
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach

Quote:

I'm for eliminating the Petty crimes "like consenting adults paying for sex" and increasing the penalties on the serious crimes. Make the penalty match the crime, if its a slap on the wrist why have it? A law should have a circumstance that "you don't want a part of". A 125$ fine is hardly worth the paperwork.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:00 AM   #67
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so does having it illegal ensure minors aren't involved? its much easier to monitor legal activities, then illegal underground operations......
Quote:
I'm for eliminating the Petty crimes "like consenting adults paying for sex" and increasing the penalties on the serious crimes. Make the penalty match the crime, if its a slap on the wrist why have it? A law should have a circumstance that "you don't want a part of". A 125$ fine is hardly worth the paperwork.
I think it may be that by keeping it illegal, the police have the right to pick up a girl, ID her, check her age, get her away from her pimp, etc.

I don't know if the argument is truly legitimate, just that it was one of the arguments presented by many around here, including those whom I thought would be for legalization.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:16 AM   #68
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach

Quote:
I think it may be that by keeping it illegal, the police have the right to pick up a girl, ID her, check her age, get her away from her pimp, etc.

I don't know if the argument is truly legitimate, just that it was one of the arguments presented by many around here, including those whom I thought would be for legalization.
The street walker scenario (IMO) should remain illegal, with some heavy penalties for hookers, pimps, and Johns. Its a tragedy that in our advanced society we can't protect our youth better.

The brothels seem to be relatively harmless to the public. As a resident in a state that has legalized Prostitution and areas where it is not legal (Las Vegas / Clark County), I think the legalized areas have a better control over the issue.