Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222
Default Alabama...

I have been banished to Alabama where they don't even realize that PRO football exists...

I like watching the quarterback option and all, but do I own the only Black and Gold shirt in the entire state? Am I the only person who waves a towel on a regular basis?

The Steeler Nation MUST be here in Alabama---but where?
Indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Alabama...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post
I have been banished to Alabama where they don't even realize that PRO football exists...

I like watching the quarterback option and all, but do I own the only Black and Gold shirt in the entire state? Am I the only person who waves a towel on a regular basis?

The Steeler Nation MUST be here in Alabama---but where?
Representing Steeler Nation in Alabaster, AL my friend. You will find more Steelers fans here than you think because of the steel industry, that is how I ended up here. What part are you from? Maybe we could catch a few beers sometime and watch the game at Buffalo Wild Wings or something?
Old 01-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #3
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Whew!

There for a minute I thought I was going insane! The Steeler Nation is EVERYWHERE! I knew it had to be here

I live in Selma (about 75 miles south of Alabaster)...came here by way of New Orleans (long story---but it basically was because of Hurricane Katrina)

I'm getting tired of hearing about the whole Roll Tide/War Eagle thing---they just don't understand a REAL rivalry (like the Steelers---Ratbirds/Browns).

I won't be able to make the drive up there this weekend, but I'll be yelling at a TV somewhere!

My cousin lives in Birmingham--that makes 3 Steeler fanatics---looks like we could start a club!

Last edited by Indo; 01-15-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Yeah, I've been to Selma a time or two. Some very pretty old homes down there, and a good bit of history as well.

The Alabama/Auburn thing was a bit annoying when I first moved here (something about rooting for a school you never went to), but it is one of the greatest rivalries in NCAA football. So I can respect that. It is almost a requirement to live here that you have to pick one. I picked Auburn and this is the first year in a long while that I was wrong. Makes the whole "Ironbowl" weekend a bit more fun if you have someone to root for I guess.

Hope you enjoy it here. We aren't as backwards and stupid as everyone thinks, but every village has its idiot I guess.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

YAYYYYYYYY - AL Friends!!! I moved here about 4 years ago, to N. Alabama and trust me it takes some time to get used to the Tide/Eagle fight... best way to deal, choose a side and stick with it... I did when I moved here and I've never looked back ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! Good or bad these fans are EXTREMELY PASSIONATE!!! They are truly up there with with Steelers fans!

I have seen quite a few Steelers fans here in N. Alabama, thankfully! It's hard to get them to see the beauty of PRO-BALL here!!!

WELCOME!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

lol, we posted in backwards cardinal directions:

south

central

north

lol!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
dmnautica1
Water Boy

Member Number: 12344

Hey whats up Alabama Steelers fans! My name is Drew, I recently moved here from Pittsburgh. I live off of 280. I am so pumped in meeting true steelers fans around here, so sick of this war eagle/ nick sabon the next god bs. Where can we go to watch the superbowl and enjoy it. I tried going to Indego Joes I was told others like us would be there, but no success. Ive just been watching them at my house waving my terrible towel. Please help!
dmnautica1 is offline   Reply With Quote