Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-15-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
Luigi
Water Boy

Member Number: 11757
Default Eagles or Cards?

Yea I know... some people say you shouldn't look ahead (Never bothered me) but since we play the second game on Suday it should be fair game (no pun intended) for everyone here:

Who would you rather face in the SB?

Let's just get this one out of the way: "We'll play anybody, anywhere..." (Chest pounding all the while, of course.)

I'd rather go against the Eagles. It's a better match-up. Our D can make a team one dimensional. The Cards are already one dimensionsal. The Eagles can be too, but the chances of Warner lighting it up seems more real to me. Maybe that's just because we beat the Eagles earlier. Either way, I'll be rooting for the Eagles.
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Eagles or Cards?

Cards all the way.

The Whiz vs. Tomlin show makes for great tee-vee.

Plus I hate McNabb and everything Iggles.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Steel4eva
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
Yea I know... some people say you shouldn't look ahead (Never bothered me) but since we play the second game on Suday it should be fair game (no pun intended) for everyone here:

Let's just get this one out of the way: "We'll play anybody, anywhere..." (Chest pounding all the while, of course.)

I'd rather go against the Eagles. It's a better match-up. Our D can make a team one dimensional. The Cards are already one dimensionsal. The Eagles can be too, but the chances of Warner lighting it up seems more real to me. Maybe that's just because we beat the Eagles earlier. Either way, I'll be rooting for the Eagles.
we beat the Eagles earlier???
Steel4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4eva View Post
we beat the Eagles earlier???
Coulda sworn we lost that one?

I would rather face the Eagles since my buddy is a big Philly fan. I talked shit to him for the longest time about the Pens and Flyers last year, now I get to do it again for the superbowl!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
Steelerssuperbowlsbound
Water Boy

Member Number: 11740

Eagles because the Eagles offense panics when not making plays so they would lose plus the games they played were easy teams. Vikings not hard, Giants did horrible the last few games of the season
Old 01-15-2009, 02:19 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,800 Times in 4,468 Posts

i like both teams and actually glad one of them gets to go to the bowl.

eagles were always my 2nd team growing up but cardinals have been my local team since moving to the desert.

plus, now they are pittsburgh west, just like carolina used to be pittsburgh east.

probably cardinals.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
xlchamps
Water Boy

Member Number: 10552

Well last time these two teams played eagles killed them, and you no what I think its going to happen again because of this; McNabb playing like heís the best qb in the playoffs, and cards hasnít really played anybody I mean um the played what team in the first round, a rookie qb who made the game will close, how are you going to give up a big lead like that. 2nd they played the panthers who kept on fumbling the ball, or throwing a pick when they got to the end zone. We must remember Jake threw 5 picks that game; even the Detroit lions would've won that game with 6 turnovers lol! Now they played a team whose destiny is to get to the superbowl and lose to the Steelers, lol! But seriously the eagles have a way better defense and an offense that is good as anybody else in the playoffs. Eagles win 30-17.
xlchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #8
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post

I would rather face the Cards. Mainly because of the Eagles defensive line. They totally dominated last time we played. Our O-line could NOT handle the pressure they brought. The Cards do have a decent running game and a powerful weapon in Fitzgerald, having said that, I do believe the match-up of our D-line vs their O-line favors us. I think our offense would do better against the Cards D than it would against the Eagles. Plus...Donovan is more of a threat to move out of the pocket and make plays than Kurt is.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
JoeLion
Water Boy

Member Number: 11695

Either one! If i had to choose it would be the Eagles. They won earlier in the year and quite convincingly. Nothing like a little revenge in the big game!
Old 01-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Eagles.

i want a PA Bowl. =)