Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
Bigsteve332310
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2248
Default Santonio Chat on espn.com

Quote:
Santonio Holmes: Hey what's going on? Happy to be hear to answer your questions, so let's get it started.

Henry (Buffalo): what's your favorite thing to do outside of playing football?

Santonio Holmes: Right now, I like to spend time with my puppy. I just got a grey pitbull and I just sit at home and play with him.

Kevin (Virginia): How do you guys try to combat the Ravens defense?

Santonio Holmes: Well Kevin, they first thing that we will try to do is attack the weak part of their defense. Next, our playmakers will have to step up and make big plays.

Lisa (TN): How big will homefield advantage play in this game?

Santonio Holmes: Home field advantage is like having a 12th man, especially on defense. It allows the sense of extra security.

Andy (Denver): I have a feeling it's going to be cold on Sunday. How will you guys deal with the weather during the game?

Santonio Holmes: We know the circumstances and we just have to be tough guys and tough it out. I does help that we have heaters and heated benches on the sideline.

Steiny (NYC): You played basketball in high school. Did you ever want to play in the NBA?

Santonio Holmes: Going into my 8th grade year, I broke my leg. After that I lost all my confidence and football became more important.

Gary (Phoenix): Everyone keeps calling Ravens-Steelers a rivalry. But is it really a rivalry if you guys keep beating the snot out of Baltimore?

Santonio Holmes: (laughing) It's always going to be a rivalry. You always look to see who's going to beat the snot out of who and that's why it's a rivalry.

Burwell (Addison, PA): Thanks for chatting Santonio! Have you guys been doing anything differently this week to prepare for Baltimore, or is it just business as usual?

Santonio Holmes: It's still business as usual. We are just correcting the thing that we need to be corrected.

Robert (Latrobe, PA): Santonio, how has Hines Ward helped you in your development? I can't think of a better guy to help a young player learn the position.

Santonio Holmes: He took me under his wing and allowed me to play within myself and play the way I play on the field. Hines is a smart guy that knows everything about the offense. Us younger guys have learned a lot from him.

Santonio Holmes: Oh and just for fun we like to call him Pappa Smurf.

Jon(College Park, Md): What do you feel is the most important thing the offense needs to do to establish itself early in the ball game? And no, an 80 yard TD bomb to you doesn't count :)

Santonio Holmes: (laughing) We just need to play within our offensive game plan. If we do that, then hopefully everything will work out for the best.

Santonio Holmes: It's been fun answering all your questions. Visit www.yardbarker.com/santonioholmes where you can send me questions and read my blog. Continue to support the Steelers!
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24629
Bigsteve332310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Santonio Chat on espn.com

thanks for posting that!