Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-25-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
redsahx
Water Boy

Member Number: 278
Default Best wishes to Pittsburgh (from a Pats fan)

Even though I am excited to be going back to the Super Bowl, I have to say I feel for you guys. As a Red Sox fan as well, I know how much the Steelers mean to not only the city of Pittsburgh, but the entire region out there. They certainly mean as much to you as the Sox do to us. Unlike the Red Sox though, at least you guys had some history to fall back on before this season.

I apologize if you've had to deal with any obnoxious New England fans recently. I am 24 years old now and I remember vividly when I was in 5th grade, you NEVER saw the old Red Patriots jerseys being worn to school. In fact every one I knew in elementary school was either a Giants fan or a 49ers fan it seemed. I was afraid to admit I was a Patriots fan for fear of ridicule. I honestly didn't know one other kid in my school who was a Patriots fan though I am sure there had to be a couple. Times have certainly changed. Kids everywhere wear their Patriots jerseys proudly now. For those who run their mouth, I would certainly like to know where they were 15 years ago. In fact I am dealing with the same thing all over again whenever I try to talk about the Celtics. Fans in New England pretened they don't even exist anymore, yet that was the team I remember most vividly growing up. THe Bruins and the Red Sox are the only two teams here in New England that don't have the bandwagon problem (although the Sox do have a large bandwagon now as well, but have always had a strong following). Otherwsie the Celtics and Patriots fanbases are made up of a few diehards, and a ton of johhny-come-lately's. But I digress. Just venting my frustration at the arrogance of fans that didn't show up until Parcells came to town.

I wish the Steelers many more great seasons in the future.
redsahx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:16 PM   #2
redsahx
Water Boy

Default Re: Best wishes to Pittsburgh (from a Pats fan)

Well perhaps to clarify, I was pretty harsh on my fellow Pats fans as far as insinuating that everyone is a bunch of bandwagoners. I should have directed that more at the trolls and trashtalkers. There were some hearty Patriots fans back in the day. I was just ticked off at some callers I had to lsiten to on talk radio this morning, arguing with the hosts because they didn't predict the Pats would hold Indy to only 3 points and score 40 on the Steelers etc. etc..

Some fans are now claiming you are not worthy if you show any respect to other teams or have any doubt about the Pats. Again something that would have seemed utterly ridiculous in the Victor Kiam, Dick MacPherson and Rod Rust days.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:27 PM   #3
Bruno43
Water Boy

Member Number: 212

In all honesty I have NEVER seen a pats jersey or hat or shirt or anything in the town where I live in Marion, Ohio. It is a Steeler town for the most part. Second would have to be the browns then bengels. Other than that we have a few broncos fans and eagles and I seen two Jets fans turn out at the bar for the Jets game. I work in a sports bar.

But i beleive it was the steelers fans who talked most the crap to people. Luckily there were no pats fans to throw it back in our faces! LoL anyways GL next season, we want revenge
Bruno43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:59 PM   #4
redsahx
Water Boy

I live in Rhode Island, which is big Patriots territory. In fact Foxboro and the Stadium are closer to Providence Rhode Island than they are to Boston. Visting teams to New England actually stay in a hotel in Providence as it is about a 20 minute drive to the Stadium from Providence as opposed to about 40 minutes from downtown Boston.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

thanks for the kind words...while I wont actually really cheer for anybody in the SB..i honestly would rather see the pats win, becuz here in PA, if the beagles win, it's gonna be hell !!

I'd rather lose to the SB winner than the SB loser.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:26 AM   #6
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

Thanks redsahx!

Philly fans are definately bandwagon fans. When the Sixers are doing good, they are all about the Sixers. I remember before Iverson, they had to do mail marketing to get people out to the games. Not much hype i n past years about the Phillies. The past 4 years the fans have increased. Heck I remember hearing on the news when I first moved from the Pittsburgh area to the Philly area about how Veterns stadium had a small jail to contain their obnoxious fans. Not that any other fans get drunk and crazy, yet it was bad here in Philly.

Regardless of the team, you got to love die-hard fans! When the team is doing its best (16-2), just ok, or its worse (6-10), they are there, following the games, cheering on! And when a championship comes there way, the die-hards feel the truest satisfaction!

Once again us Steelers fan go back to being patient. We have a team that will be good for years to come! Go Steelers!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:32 PM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

We really don`t need NE fans on our site, do we??
Old 02-18-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

while it isn't a necessity, we are always open to hearing how "the other side" views our club. Besides can you balme them for wanting to be part of something so great?
Old 02-18-2005, 09:53 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

No, I guess I can`t blame them.