Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-17-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401
Default definition of Steelers Nation

Just curious to see what your definition of Steelers Nation is:

My definition,

A guy on Ebay had tickets posted for $300, and did not sell, so I offered him $190 for section 101, Row L, seat 7. He agreed, and I am going on Sunday. In return, I invited him to my tailgate and we are going to have a good time.

What is your definition?

GO STEELERS AND THE RAVENS SUCK!

:to ast::s ign02::sign11 :
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:56 AM   #2
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480
Default Re: definition of Steelers Nation

People all over the planet in all kinds of weather feeling the same thing...an unspoken emotional connection between guys like you in PA and guys like me in the deep south who never let go after seeing the Steelers on TV in the mid-1970's.....
Old 01-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399
My Mood: Worried

I grew up a diehard Browns fan but also was fond of the Steelers when they were very bad for years. My Steeler passion keeps growing and my Browns passion diminishing.

I am still a fan of both. My passion for the Steelers keeps growing because of their fans and their brand of football and their class ownership and my roots in Youngstown Ohio. Most of my emotion now is spent on rooting for the Steelers

The Steel Curtain Years raised the level of my fandom for the Steelers.

Never has it diminished since then

Recent years especially since the Big Ben era my passion about the Steelers is stronger than ever.

I have always rooted for both teams like I said. If the Browns ever can be really competitive again it will be intersesting whom I root for harder.

I have traveled all over the US and have first hand knowledge that the Steelers have more fans than any team.

The US is truly Steeler Nation

My allegiance to the Steelers gets stronger every year.

Yesterday, here in Charlotte, at the grocery store there were cakes for Sundays game saying "Go Steelers beat the Ravens". My neighbor three doors down has "Go Steelers" balloons flying in front for two weeks now

Now that is something 450 miles away!

The Steelers are the class of the NFL going on forty years!
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Millions upon millions of people unite together for one cause, Pittsburgh Steelers football.

So many of us come from different places, different backgrounds. But we all feel the same connection when we see someone else wearing anything Steelers.

Complete strangers come together in a bar somewhere far from Pittsburgh and hug and high five each other during a game, and leave friends forever.

That right there, is Steeler Nation.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

The summer after we won XL, my husband and I were out shopping. We had just gotten out of the car and was walking toward the entrance of a mall here in Cinci.. Coming towards us was a very hip looking young African American man with a Steelers shirt on and a ballcap. I walked up to him and said ,"hey, great shirt!!" He high fived me as he walked past me and said, "Word Champions, baby!" Here was this young cool black dude having a pure Steelers bonding moment with a middle aged white woman in the middle of Shitzinnati. We were strangers, yet brother and sister in the Steelers nation!

My husband and I find Steelers fans all the time here in Cinci..........we are all proud to represent!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #6
jasonhightower
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7798

In 2004 I went to the Steelers/Cowboys game in Dallas. I bought the tickets online and I knew that there would be plenty of Steeler fans there, but I bought my parking ticket on Ebay from a Dallas season ticket holder. So parking in the season ticket holder lot, I was a little worried about rolling in with my Steeler garb on. Needless to say, there were about a 100 Steeler fans parking in that lot. And they say that's America's team. Well, it sounds liked Heinz field there that day and it was my first Steelers game (in person) which I'll never forget.

Next year my son and I are flying up for our first Heinz Field experience and I can't wait. Oh yeah, I was in Wal-Mart last weekend in Fort Worth and I counted six people wearing Steelers clothes!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

We pledge allegiance to the Steelers
Of the city surrounded by three rivers known as Pittsburgh
And with fans worldwide we proudly stand
One NATION, under Tomlin, indivisible
With 's waving and a 6th Lombardi for all.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #8
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

In Steelers Nation there are 3 seasons.

Steelers Pre-Season.
Steelers Season
Steelers Draft.

Thats all there is.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480

You should have been at the game in Memphis in 1997 when we ran the Oilers completely out of town at the Liberty Bowl. 45K in attendance and about 30,000 were Southerners who waited years to see the guys in person. Steelers lost 16-6 but it was a thrill to sit in that freezing rain and see the black and gold...including Carnell Lake pumping his fist in the air when he took a pre-game jog.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
CPanther95
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 11672

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich4eagle View Post
I grew up a diehard Browns fan but also was fond of the Steelers when they were very bad for years. My Steeler passion keeps growing and my Browns passion diminishing.

I am still a fan of both. My passion for the Steelers keeps growing because of their fans and their brand of football and their class ownership and my roots in Youngstown Ohio. Most of my emotion now is spent on rooting for the Steelers

The Steel Curtain Years raised the level of my fandom for the Steelers.

Never has it diminished since then

Recent years especially since the Big Ben era my passion about the Steelers is stronger than ever.

I have always rooted for both teams like I said. If the Browns ever can be really competitive again it will be intersesting whom I root for harder.

I have traveled all over the US and have first hand knowledge that the Steelers have more fans than any team.

The US is truly Steeler Nation

My allegiance to the Steelers gets stronger every year.

Yesterday, here in Charlotte, at the grocery store there were cakes for Sundays game saying "Go Steelers beat the Ravens". My neighbor three doors down has "Go Steelers" balloons flying in front for two weeks now

Now that is something 450 miles away!

The Steelers are the class of the NFL going on forty years!
I think Charlotte has become Pittsburgh South. There's more Steeler bars here than in any place I've lived - and the fans are everywhere in the area.