Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 976
Default Keep it classy!

Its one thing to talk smack - Lewis is a murderer, Suggs is a thug, etc... But that was a great game. I don't like the Rats anymore than anyone else, but like coach T said "They're a big reason we are who we are". We get their best everytime we play and thats what makes you better.

Its one thing to win, but what seperates us is winning with class! think before you post.
VegasStlrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Keep it classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasStlrFan View Post
Its one thing to talk smack - Lewis is a murderer, Suggs is a thug, etc... But that was a great game. I don't like the Rats anymore than anyone else, but like coach T said "They're a big reason we are who we are". We get their best everytime we play and thats what makes you better.

Its one thing to win, but what seperates us is winning with class! think before you post.
Couldn't agree more. There have been some ratbird s here this week but there have also been some great fans who know their stuff. As much as I dislike the franchise, there is something to be said about a group of fans that can talk about the game intelligently, add some good smack, but at the end of the day, just shake hands and say, "Good Game and good luck!"

To the ravens fans, great game tonight. It was everything I expected.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
Polamalu43Defense!
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1897

Stay humble steelers fans!!! Just cause the cards were 9-7 this season and are the dream team right now to win the sb, doesnt mean we cant get beat!! I got a few text n phone calls after the game sayin we won n now we play the cards in the bowl, n they should already HAND US THE RINGS! HA! Right!!! Did anyone watch last years sb?!?! I mean come on....Anything can happen and quite honestly i think the cards are a pretty good team, n there hot right now!! So not good. Another thing that isn't good is the Wiz knows how we work!!! He has only been gone a few years!! This superbowl my friends, is NOT a gimmie! So on that note, HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

Agree man.. we have alot of work to get done in 2 weeks... the cards are a dangerous team right now...

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Whiz knows our defense from 2005/2006. And I'll give the cards credit for a great playoff run and in no way should they just hand us the rings - but they dont' know our defense now. It's different, while the leader is the same, the mentality is different - it's meaner, and stingier! And while Whiz may have some info on Ben, he's got warner to worry about it too. I'm not claiming instant victory, but I do see Dickie LeBeau putting a few wrinkles in to show Whiz - he don't know shite!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Whiz knows our defense from 2005/2006. And I'll give the cards credit for a great playoff run and in no way should they just hand us the rings - but they dont' know our defense now. It's different, while the leader is the same, the mentality is different - it's meaner, and stingier! And while Whiz may have some info on Ben, he's got warner to worry about it too. I'm not claiming instant victory, but I do see Dickie LeBeau putting a few wrinkles in to show Whiz - he don't know shite!

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #7
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

i have been upset all week from the distasteful posts on here especially this last week against the ravens....calling lewis a murderer etc.....lets just talk football,its a football board,at least i thought it was...and i have said this and totally of course agree with you....lets have class......the ravens played tough,you have to give it up to them,that was the tough game i thought it was going to be,it wasnt the cake walk alot of people said it would be....and this super bowl with ken knowing the steelers playbook isnt going to be easy,and i think for sure will be tougher than the seattle super bowl game.....i just wonder,i know cardnals fly,but do they travel...i know stubid joke,but i wonder if we will have the home field advantage like we so obvious did in the super bowl xl game(believe me i was there,even though the media tried to say it was equal,which is funny cause even if you watch the game on tv you can see that,i mean unless the seahawks were waving yellow towels,)and i was just wondering if we will have the same advantage at the game
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 AM   #8
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

You have been upset all week? Is it really that big of a deal?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:09 AM   #9
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

ok,maybe not upset...how about dissapointed..the fact that some of the steeler fans have to resort to name calling like they have been doing and not having the class they should have,i mean im one for trash talking but some of it was beyond that and way over the line-TO ME....its all about class,again to me, and there certainly was a lack of it last week on here......so yes,its a big deal when fans of the team i love treat others with such disrepect and low class comments like that....im sorry,i just think you can express yourself in a mature way and not just be mean cause its a computer and not face to face with the person you are talking about......i know lighten up buddie its just a message board,you're suppose to say hateful things like that on here,well this steeler fan doesnt do that .....so i said it upset me,and if that makes you feel the need to criticize me cause i said i was upset that my fellow steeler fans were not being classy ,well so be it
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
You have been upset all week? Is it really that big of a deal?
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #10
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

They've done a very nice job this year and should be proud of what they've accomplished but that is how you learn...by losing key games like that.Joe Flacco will be a good QB,Im wondering if they will ever be as good as they were this year Defensively with the loss of DC Rex Ryan
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote