Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-19-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500
Red face I'm Here For My Lumps

I'm glad I can type this because I still am having a hard time speaking. Yesterday, the Ravens were outplayed on every side of the ball except for stopping the running game. Joe Flacco had the odds catch up to him and in the AFCC, he did play like a rookie QB. At this stage of his career, a Ravens fan would have to be a real douche to hold that against him.

Polamalu? Play like that in two weeks and you will be one of the few defensive players to be a Super Bowl MVP. I love Ed Reed, but Troy is something else, too. You really cannot stop the guy when he's on his game, and he was on it yesterday.

For a few seconds, I thought McGahee was laying on the turf of Heinz Field dead and Clark didn't look that much better at first. What a vicious (but 110% legal) hit! But man, did those Steelers fans show a lot of class by hanging over the rail as Willie was carted off and shouting out well wishes to him. That is what a real rivalry is all about. Kick the crap out of each other on the field, but when the play's over, it's back to reality. I hope that meant as much to McGahee as it did to Ravens fans.

Good luck against Arizona. The Cardinals can put up some points-their WR's are awesome. But they give up points, too.

Run the ball, pass when you need the yardage and crush your opponent with defense. No wonder Steelers and Ravens fans "hate" each other and their respective teams. Switch the uniforms and the teams are almost twins. But in last night's contest, your QB and secondary made the difference.

Once again, what a great season for both our teams and good luck bringing the VL trophy back to the AFCN.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: I'm Here For My Lumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
I'm glad I can type this because I still am having a hard time speaking. Yesterday, the Ravens were outplayed on every side of the ball except for stopping the running game. Joe Flacco had the odds catch up to him and in the AFCC, he did play like a rookie QB. At this stage of his career, a Ravens fan would have to be a real douche to hold that against him.

Polamalu? Play like that in two weeks and you will be one of the few defensive players to be a Super Bowl MVP. I love Ed Reed, but Troy is something else, too. You really cannot stop the guy when he's on his game, and he was on it yesterday.

For a few seconds, I thought McGahee was laying on the turf of Heinz Field dead and Clark didn't look that much better at first. What a vicious (but 110% legal) hit! But man, did those Steelers fans show a lot of class by hanging over the rail as Willie was carted off and shouting out well wishes to him. That is what a real rivalry is all about. Kick the crap out of each other on the field, but when the play's over, it's back to reality. I hope that meant as much to McGahee as it did to Ravens fans.

Good luck against Arizona. The Cardinals can put up some points-their WR's are awesome. But they give up points, too.

Run the ball, pass when you need the yardage and crush your opponent with defense. No wonder Steelers and Ravens fans "hate" each other and their respective teams. Switch the uniforms and the teams are almost twins. But in last night's contest, your QB and secondary made the difference.

Once again, what a great season for both our teams and good luck bringing the VL trophy back to the AFCN.
Your a class act Crow-Magnon. Yesterday's game was the epitomy of what a rivalry is and should be. THAT hit was brutal and even the fans I was with stood up and cheered and clapped for McGahee when he was being carted off the field.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1261

You don't need to take any lumps, Crow-Magnon. You've been a classy poster and your team was a worthy opponent - and hey, you came back like you said you would Much respect - see you next season

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480

It was a great game. Dont be too hard on Flacco. He had them in that game until 5 minutes were left then he came apart. Not too shabby for a kid.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Thank you for the extremely classy post, Crow.

Your team had a great run and is going to be a thorn in our sides for years to come with a dynamic young QB and finally a HC that knows how to mentor!

Please feel free to visit us anytime - you are a pleasure to have here at SF!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500

What's the word on Ward's knee? I know that had to kill him sitting out most of the game.

Next year? I don't wanna think about it right now. Ryan will probably be the Jets HC by 10:00 today, and we are going to lose at least one LB, if not two. I have a real love/hate relationship with free agency.

I bet you guys and gals are glad you don't have to think about crap like that for the next two weeks.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #7
DJ919
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10605

No Lumps Bro...We're all Fans of our respected teams, and we live and diehard with them. Much respect to you and the Ravens. Trash / Hype talk is just that and nothing more. The level of trash talking intensity only adjusts to the kind of fan being delt with. Like some of my CO-working Ravens Fans...But fans like you are a class act Bro, and respect is there on both ends. ..Both teams are great and both show the NFL that two of its best teams live in the AFC North. Look forward to many hard fights with the Ravens, for it's the NFL's best rivalry. Flacco will be one of the NFL greats...All in all the players and fans respect eachother.
DJ919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #8
Hines4ever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 9374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post

Living in south central pa - a couple miles from the MD line, being hugely outnumbered by Raven’s fans, I have had numerous “negative” experiences with the majority of them. I have to take my hat off to you for being so classy and a good sport. It’s hard for me to say but I do respect the Ravens. Here’s to a great season!
Hines4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

no need for the lumps! you have been great !! take care hope you come back around !!

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Hey, at least you know who the center for your team is.

(That's the nicest thing I can say to a Ratbird fan. Blame it on deep psychological scarring from sparring with them for years at the Ratsnest)