Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Whizard of Glendale
Banned

Member Number: 12038
Default Why I think this is the year of the Cardinals.

Hi everyone, and congratulations on winning the American Football Conference Championship.

Unfortunately, I do not think your success will continue in Tampa Bay. Let's start with the Cardinals offense. Kurt Warner. What can I say? He's been to the Super Bowl 2 times already, winning MVP once, and he can pick apart a defense like no other. With Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston, all dangerous. Has anyone been able to cover Fitzgerald yet? I've watched the Steelers, and I know they are very capable of giving up a big pass, or committing a pass interference call. Don't be surprised to see a few bombs. I know Ike Taylor is a decent cornerback, but Asante Samuel is one of the NFL's BEST, and he looked like a fool against Fitz.

Now, I know about blitzes too. Pittsburgh obviously is good at getting to the quarterback. Unfortunately for you guys, last night, the Cardinals picked apart the number 3 ranked defense in the NFL. DO NOT say we haven't faced a defense like yours. Warner is excellent at reading blitzes and getting rid of the ball wisely or throwing it to a wide receiver. Not all your blitzes will get to Warner, and man, he can make things happen.

Do not also forget our running game. Focus too much on trying to stop the pass (which is difficult enough to do as I said above) then Edgerrin James (who has run well against Pittsburgh in the past) and Tim Hightower may break a few.

Coaching. Wow. Basically the Arizona staff is former Steeler coaches. They know you guys. And if there is no "Gruden Factor" per say, then look at it this way. Whiz WANTS this one bad. I bet he's studying film and thinking strategies right now as we speak. I believe he may also unleash the gadget play, and will Pittsburgh be ready? I don't know, guys.

Okay, our defense. You will be able to get some scores on our defense, but we have been taking the ball away all postseason. Ben played crappy in the last Super Bowl, I can see him underestimating the Cardinals D and throwing an INT or two. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Adrian Wilson are EXCELLENT DB's, and everyone else will give it their all. Both of our lines are underrated as well.

Overall, I think our high powered offense can turn this into the type of game you do not want, with our coaches who know you so well as the wildcard. We beat you last year. We beat you in one of the most memorable games in the desert in the 90's on a prime time stage. We got a good history against you guys. We are the 4 seed underdogs and are on fire. We haven't won a championship since 1947.

Sorry guys, but this is our year. Don't smash me aimlessly, put some serious rationale in your responses and let me know why you might disagree.

31-20 Cardinals.
Whizard of Glendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Why I think this is the year of the Cardinals.

10 wins (total)and you play in the NFC West?

That's about all that needs to be said. You played well through the playoffs, but the NFC is back to being the NFL Jr. Varsity.

Warner will spend half the game on his back and the other half in the locker room. Your D is mediocre at best, and Edge will be held to about 40 yards on 20 carries.

Steelers 42
Cards 10
Old 01-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
10 wins (total)and you play in the NFC West?

That's about all that needs to be said. You played well through the playoffs, but the NFC is back to being the NFL Jr. Varsity.

Warner will spend half the game on his back and the other half in the locker room. Your D is mediocre at best, and Edge will be held to about 40 yards on 20 carries.

Steelers 42
Cards 10
They are up to 12 wins now.... but they still ain't winning!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
CPanther95
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 11672

Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
Whizard of Glendale
Banned

Member Number: 12038

Just what Panthers and Eagles fans were thinking... I seem to recall a Panthers fan predicting a similar score. Turned out he was almost correct, except for the fact that the Cardinals had the higher score.
Whizard of Glendale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480

You have good coaches and two good wideouts. Warner's decent.

Thats about it.

You are about to face a defense the likes of which you haven't seen this year in your 9-7 season, including some horrible losses.

The Cardinals will lose by 17, maybe more.

Welcome to the board
Old 01-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,409 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizard of Glendale View Post
Unfortunately, I do not think your success will continue in Tampa Bay. Let's start with the Cardinals offense. Kurt Warner. What can I say? He's been to the Super Bowl 2 times already, winning MVP once, and he can pick apart a defense like no other. With Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston, all dangerous. Has anyone been able to cover Fitzgerald yet? I've watched the Steelers, and I know they are very capable of giving up a big pass, or committing a pass interference call. Don't be surprised to see a few bombs. I know Ike Taylor is a decent cornerback, but Asante Samuel is one of the NFL's BEST, and he looked like a fool against Fitz.
You realize we had the number #1 pass defense in the league this year by a fairly wide margin, right? Of course you didn't, because you probably hopped on the 'wagon about 2 weeks ago like the rest of the Cards' "fanbase."

fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

3 picks per game Warner will be showing up.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
You realize we had the number #1 pass defense in the league this year by a fairly wide margin, right? Of course you didn't, because you probably hopped on the 'wagon about 2 weeks ago like the rest of the Cards' "fanbase."

LMAO
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
redst3
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 480

:Oh, BTW, did Anquan Bolden show back up after disappearing last night?