Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418
Default Anyone notice?, Kyle Boller can play!!

The game last night held very little interest for most, so I was watching everyone's favorite whipping boy of ineptitude, Kyle Boller.

He struggled as a rookie and his supporting cast was terrible last year. Heap was injured most of the year and he had no decent WRs to throw to. My God, Brett Favre has been terrible and all of his supporters point to his lack of weapons, so it boggles my mind how anyone could've expected Boller to do much of anything with the team he had around him.

This year, they added Mason and Clayton and Heap has stayed healthy. It's no coincidence that he's finally getting comfortable enough to be a solid NFL QB. The biggest thing - and he says it himself - is being able to calm down and maintain some poise. He clearly has the ability to be a solid NFL starter - he just needs to remain in control, which he has done the last 2 games.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:09 PM   #2
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: Anyone notice?, Kyle Boller can play!!

I don't think with two decent performances against an absolutely horrible Green Bay team and a suspect Minnesota defense that Kyle Boller should suddenly be labled a "player" in the NFL.
Not to mention that Minnesota, Green Bay and Detroit constitute 3 out of 4 teams(with the exception of Chicago)in a pitiful NFC North Division.

Let's see Kyle Boller play well against quality defenses on a consistant basis and then maybe he'll change the general opinion that he truly sucks as a starting QB.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Kyle Boller isnt all that... playing well in garbage time is alot differnt than playing well when it counts. Im not sold on him as a QB at all...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:32 PM   #4
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

i`m not sold on him either, but there is no doubt in my mind that he has improved. I hope the Ravens are now fooled into thinking that he is still thier future, that way they won`t go get anybody else.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:13 PM   #5
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well he is fighting for a job, this could be just him actually putting everything on the line and then once he is deamed the starter he might go back to his shitty ways, and he hasn't been playing in any games that mean shit to the team so it's easier to just go out and play and look good. we'll have to wait till next year to see if he's really gotten any better
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:14 PM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well he is fighting for a job, this could be just him actually putting everything on the line and then once he is deamed the starter he might go back to his shitty ways, and he hasn't been playing in any games that mean shit to the team so it's easier to just go out and play and look good. we'll have to wait till next year to see if he's really gotten any better
thats exactly what I think too... ur fighting for your job, the games mean nothing so you can go out and take some chances, you're playing at home... gimme a break; he hasnt shown anything that means anything all year till now when it means nothing for their schedule..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:57 AM   #7
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Oh contraire....the kid's more confident than once upon a time and is making much better decisions. Now that there's offensive talent settling around him, he can get a little more comfortable with being the starting QB. Something's clicked with him in the last couple of games and if you've watched them you'd be able to see that. I'm not saying he's going to turn into Carson or Ben, but he could be a pretty good QB...he's still very young.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:23 AM   #8
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

Goood posting again 85
Old 12-27-2005, 06:49 AM   #9
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Oh contraire....the kid's more confident than once upon a time and is making much better decisions. Now that there's offensive talent settling around him, he can get a little more comfortable with being the starting QB. Something's clicked with him in the last couple of games and if you've watched them you'd be able to see that. I'm not saying he's going to turn into Carson or Ben, but he could be a pretty good QB...he's still very young.

I watched both of those games that Kyle Boller played and I'd say he looked much better but again you have to measure his "improvement" against the quality of team he's playing against.
Green Bay flat out sucks and Minnesota is a mediocre team.
Had Boller played like that against Indy or Denver then maybe that would be good reason to speculate that he's coming around as far as playing better football.

I go along with clevestinks in that I hope he's hoodwinked the Ravens into keeping him in Baltimore then reverts back to his old ways of bad QB play.

Last edited by Ambridge; 12-27-2005 at 06:52 AM.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:01 PM   #10
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I think Crennel is going to browbeat his team to death this week, and Cleveland is going to step up, play for pride, and beat Baltimore while exposing Boller for the mediocre QB he truly is...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote