Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-27-2005, 06:32 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,728 Times in 2,915 Posts
Default Re: Anyone notice?, Kyle Boller can play!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
Goood posting again 85
his posting fails to mention that something "clicked" with boller at the end of last season too. yet he dont really do squat this year except in the final few games and of course do enough to beat the steelers.

and what about that toe injury? i know that is crucial to a qb but come on! if it was p. manning or t. brady and a playoff berth were on the line do you really think a. wright wouldve seen so much action?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:14 PM   #12
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
I watched both of those games that Kyle Boller played and I'd say he looked much better but again you have to measure his "improvement" against the quality of team he's playing against.
Green Bay flat out sucks and Minnesota is a mediocre team.
Had Boller played like that against Indy or Denver then maybe that would be good reason to speculate that he's coming around as far as playing better football.

I go along with clevestinks in that I hope he's hoodwinked the Ravens into keeping him in Baltimore then reverts back to his old ways of bad QB play.
Ah, yes the competition level has not been the greatest, but once upon a time Boller would have sucked even against the lowest of the low as far as talent...as a matter of fact, he did!
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:20 PM   #13
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

regardless of the competition i still wanna see if he can play like he has when games are actually worth a damn. he has no real pressure on him right now to win games so he can just go out and play and have a little fun and feel comfortable. i actually hope he improves only cause when we win the division next year we'll have actually beat two teams that or playoff contenders instead of just the bengals
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:36 PM   #14
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
his posting fails to mention that something "clicked" with boller at the end of last season too. yet he dont really do squat this year except in the final few games and of course do enough to beat the steelers.

and what about that toe injury? i know that is crucial to a qb but come on! if it was p. manning or t. brady and a playoff berth were on the line do you really think a. wright wouldve seen so much action?
Ah yes, but Boller was hurt during the very first game this season. This injury laid him out until week 10. He then had one bad game at Jacksonville, 1 modest game against Pittsburgh, a good game at Cincinnati, an average game against Houston, and a modest game at Denver, then he exploded against Green Bay and Minnesota. (And if you want to criticize the last 2 games, Minnesota was still in the playoff hunt before Boller and the ravens knocked them off...it's not like they were a dead-in-the-water team.)

The biggest knock on Boller is he makes too many mistakes and bad decisions...a lot of these bad decisions lead to turnovers. In other words, Boller throws a lot of picks...these picks kill his quarterback rating. He also doesn't throw a lot of touchdowns because of Baltimore's lame excuse of a passing attack (before Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, and Mark Clayton all came together). One positive thing is that Boller (at least this season) has thrown for a pretty good completion percentage in most of his games, well over 50% (which is a hell of a lot better than Eli Manning can say).

The kid has the talent, but needs to make better decisions (which he has in the last few games). It's only his third year and he was basically thrown to the lions his rookie year with basically no help except for Jamal Lewis in the backfield. Now that Boller has a little more experience and some talent around him, you're starting to see him progress.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:30 PM   #15
BigCat
Water Boy

Member Number: 709

As long as Boller is the Ravens QB that should add up too two easy wins for the Steelers and Bengals.
BigCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:13 PM   #16
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat
As long as Boller is the Ravens QB that should add up too two easy wins for the Steelers and Bengals.
we'll trade you maddox for kitna and then we will talk about that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
cause if it were that easy steelers would be afc north champs right now.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:19 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Ah yes, but Boller was hurt during the very first game this season. This injury laid him out until week 10. He then had one bad game at Jacksonville, 1 modest game against Pittsburgh, a good game at Cincinnati, an average game against Houston, and a modest game at Denver, then he exploded against Green Bay and Minnesota. (And if you want to criticize the last 2 games, Minnesota was still in the playoff hunt before Boller and the ravens knocked them off...it's not like they were a dead-in-the-water team.)

The biggest knock on Boller is he makes too many mistakes and bad decisions...a lot of these bad decisions lead to turnovers. In other words, Boller throws a lot of picks...these picks kill his quarterback rating. He also doesn't throw a lot of touchdowns because of Baltimore's lame excuse of a passing attack (before Derrick Mason, Todd Heap, and Mark Clayton all came together). One positive thing is that Boller (at least this season) has thrown for a pretty good completion percentage in most of his games, well over 50% (which is a hell of a lot better than Eli Manning can say).

The kid has the talent, but needs to make better decisions (which he has in the last few games). It's only his third year and he was basically thrown to the lions his rookie year with basically no help except for Jamal Lewis in the backfield. Now that Boller has a little more experience and some talent around him, you're starting to see him progress.
could he have future success like a b. johnson, t. green, t. dilfer, j. plummer, r. gannon, k. warner? possibly. (although i dont see him leading a team to the sb like some of the aformentionned) its up to the ravens to keep from screwing that potential up: and thats asking alot. elvis grbac had alot of potential too until they ran him into retirement. but i really dont see the leadership qualities in boller that even eli has, let alone some of the other veteran and up an coming qb's in the league. i question his toughness and in my opinion he is nowhere near the top 5 tough qb's in the league- farve, mcnair, ben, mcnabb, etc.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #18
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
could he have future success like a b. johnson, t. green, t. dilfer, j. plummer, r. gannon, k. warner? possibly. (although i dont see him leading a team to the sb like some of the aformentionned) its up to the ravens to keep from screwing that potential up: and thats asking alot. elvis grbac had alot of potential too until they ran him into retirement. but i really dont see the leadership qualities in boller that even eli has, let alone some of the other veteran and up an coming qb's in the league. i question his toughness and in my opinion he is nowhere near the top 5 tough qb's in the league- farve, mcnair, ben, mcnabb, etc.
I think Jake Plummer is the best comparison. Very mobile, lots of potential, takes a while to learn the game. I don't think he'll ever be a top-flight QB, but I think he could be a quality starter for a team like Baltimore with a good defense and good running game...a second version of Trent Dilfer perhaps.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:08 AM   #19
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well if they don't bring back lewis he won't have that running game anymore.....
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:37 AM   #20
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
well if they don't bring back lewis he won't have that running game anymore.....
Chester Taylor's a pretty good back and it's not like Jamal Lewis did anything spectacular this season anyway.