Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,092 Posts
Default Why can't Steeler fans enjoy a victory??

I am thrilled and elated for the Steelers to be in the Super Bowl. Especially considering their schedule at the beginning of the year being considered the toughest in 30 years.

So why is it that a lot of the talk on the board seems to be how we couldn't run the football, Limas Sweed drops that pass, Parker cant catch, Colon false starts, Berger shanked a punt, the refs botched the Santonio incompletion, etc.?

30 other teams in the NFL wish they had our problems. Try and enjoy it for the next 13 days.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
section514
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1401
Default Re: Why can't Steeler fans enjoy a victory??

because everything that you just mentioned causes concern for the next game. even if it was the super bowl last week, we would still be concerned for next year already...
section514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
stlrz fan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10982

This is going to be a great two weeks and I think that the Steelers are going to be great. The O Line is stepping up and giving Ben great protection. I Think that some of the concern is with some of these issues being ongoing. I think that people all fear that Willie Colon could be called for a penalty at a critical time and at a great price. Limas Sweed needs to get his hands. I think with time he will make those catches, look at Nate Washington and how he has improved. I think that it is just tough to swallow dropping a sure touchdown pass last night. As for Willie Parker, I don't think that he is comfortable trying to catch those little dump passes but at least they are mixing it up. Take advantage of Moore in some of those opportunites and pick up those 15 and 20 yarders. I think thatwe have continued to show our best and will do so even more in the SB and I know that Steeler fans worldwide are looking at the bigger picture now an will be enjoying every minute of the next two weeks.
stlrz fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #4
CPanther95
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 11672

We enjoyed the victory, but we'll celebrate after the Super Bowl. Until then it's all business.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Excellent question. Because almost all pleasure is temporary. We are conditioned to respond accordingly. This wonderful pleasure of the Steelers winning could be taken away from us and we want to eliminate any threats that could keep us from winning . Players performances or lack of, threatens us.

Wrong attitude but some of us are never secure with our success. Football is a team game and hardly ever is a victory so complete that some phase was not sub par, Barger's punting , Colon's play, Sweed's hands etc.

Bottom line we need to accept our wonderful victory anjd the whole Steeler experience. I know I am .
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

these two weeks are gonna be awesome.. i already bought 2 tickets last night to the cavs game the friday before the super bowl and will be wearing my big ben jersey.. its the next best thing to going to the super bowl itself for me.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Ill enjoy us being in the game and all the negative media that will be thrown at us. We all have such huge expectations that we cant settle for just getting there. We all have concerns this is the week we get to bizness cause next is when all the hoopla starts.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I'm thrilled! I'm also glad it didn't take us 10 seasons to get back to the big dance like it did after SB XXX.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #9
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

b/c everything that goes wrong with this team is willie or ben's fault..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
Wrong attitude but some of us are never secure with our success. Football is a team game and hardly ever is a victory so complete that some phase was not sub par, Barger's punting , Colon's play, Sweed's hands etc.
As a Steeler fan for 30 years....the question was kind of rhetorical, but great analogy MK!!

So a lot of Steeler fans probably suffer from a fear of failure complex and like to complain the sky is falling, despite being in the super bowl. I know of the team's shortcomings, but at this point just choose to enjoy the ride and will be wringing my Terrible Towel in 2 weeks.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote