Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-26-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
Conan
Water Boy

Member Number: 787
Default Round one Patriots?

Due to the bungals loss this puts the steelers in an interesting position. It is assumed that we will beat detroit and make the playoffs. But now the scenario has changed a bit, if NE wins tonight against the jets (which they should) and again against the dolphins (which they should) and the bungals lose to KC in KC (which they probably will) this will put both NE and CIN at 11-5. And with the patriots having the better conference record that would put us going into Foxboro in the first round. I think we can beat either team, I REALLY want to go into cincinatti and destroy them, and while im not afraid of it i dont like the idea of gpoing into foxboro with the PATS on a roll. What do you guys think?
Conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,098 Times in 4,592 Posts
Default Re: Round one Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Due to the bungals loss this puts the steelers in an interesting position. It is assumed that we will beat detroit and make the playoffs. But now the scenario has changed a bit, if NE wins tonight against the jets (which they should) and again against the dolphins (which they should) and the bungals lose to KC in KC (which they probably will) this will put both NE and CIN at 11-5. And with the patriots having the better conference record that would put us going into Foxboro in the first round. I think we can beat either team, I REALLY want to go into cincinatti and destroy them, and while im not afraid of it i dont like the idea of gpoing into foxboro with the PATS on a roll. What do you guys think?
bengals will rest their players. they would rather play the jags than the steelers anyways. if miami goes to foxboro then the patriots will rest everyone and suit up beer vendors and still shut out the phins.

steelers will be going to foxboro. personally i think their would be more satisfaction out of beating the bengals instead of the pats in the 1st round.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
bengals will rest their players. they would rather play the jags than the steelers anyways. if miami goes to foxboro then the patriots will rest everyone and suit up beer vendors and still shut out the phins.

steelers will be going to foxboro. personally i think their would be more satisfaction out of beating the bengals instead of the pats in the 1st round.
Please walk me through why it would be more satisfying to beat the Bungles (which a lot of "experts" will be expecting the Steelers to do) than beat a team that has won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and has twice beaten the Steelers at home in the AFC Championship to keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
tony hipchest
Supporter

because they are a conference rival and we will be playing them twice next season. it sends a message to the whole division for next season. plus if things play out as currently seeded we would play bengals- then, if we won, go to indy and if we won that game and pats beat jax and denver, we play patriots in the afc champ game once again. what could be more satisfying than making the superbowl travelling that route. if we do that than we wouldve beaten the best in all three phases:

best in our division
best this year
best last year (defending champs)

all on the road. now thats satisfaction
Old 12-26-2005, 09:52 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,752 Posts

In terms of looking forward to making a statement for next year rather than looking back to avenge past playoff disappointments I see your point in wanting to beat the Bengals.

In terms of a springboard for this year, I believe going into Indy after putting away the Pats (as opposed to beating a Bengals team that is not in the Steelers' collective head) provides more fuel for the fire needed for a playoff run on the road. Steelers probably will need to beat the Pats & Colts in the playoffs to get to Detroit and I would prefer to get the Pats in the first round rather than after the Pats dispatch Jax & Denver, at which point they assume destiny is on their side if they have avoided having to play Indy.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #6
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

I fell we can beat both teams. And i agree with Dan the Pats would be my choice in round 1. Yes, every steelers fans would love to see us beat the bengals but i think the bengals have a better chance of losing to jags then the Pats. The Pats at home are good but with so many injurys and even brady hurt and now teddy getting carted off the field on MNF i think we can beat them at home!
Old 12-26-2005, 10:12 PM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest

Aggreed with the going to foxboro comment. I'd rather not have them think they'll be Super Bowl Champions After The Bengals. The Patriots Are gonna miss the Indianapolis Colts. Because we'll knock em out and then beat the Colts. And Win the AFC Championship Game And Then the Super Bowl. Well The Road To Detroit Starts At Home Against Detroit.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:13 PM   #8
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
In terms of looking forward to making a statement for next year rather than looking back to avenge past playoff disappointments I see your point in wanting to beat the Bengals.

In terms of a springboard for this year, I believe going into Indy after putting away the Pats (as opposed to beating a Bengals team that is not in the Steelers' collective head) provides more fuel for the fire needed for a playoff run on the road. Steelers probably will need to beat the Pats & Colts in the playoffs to get to Detroit and I would prefer to get the Pats in the first round rather than after the Pats dispatch Jax & Denver, at which point they assume destiny is on their side if they have avoided having to play Indy.
the patriots allready assume this is their year of destiny. getting bruschi back, brady throwing for more yards than ever, avoiding the loss of their co-ordinators and injured players, still winning the division, having a 3peat to go for, and guaranteed their coach will be playing the "no respect" card like he never has before. granted they will gain momentum as they advance in the playoffs but i dont think playing them in the 1st or 3rd playoff game makes too much of a difference. i think they will play just as hard in the wild card game as they will the afc champ game
Old 12-26-2005, 10:15 PM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

We're gonna have to go on the road the majority of the way... alot of things can happen that could put in different stadiums for the postseason.... but beating the bengals would be satisfying to knock them outta the playoffs...but knocking out the pats would be alittle more sweeter, IMO
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:24 PM   #10
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I`m looking at the big picture here. The goal has always been to get to Detroit for the ring. Bring on anybody!