Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-26-2005, 10:52 PM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Round one Patriots?

I dont mind admitting that I would much prefer the Jags to the Steelers.

Jax are a little bit of an unknown quantity - we arent even sure who is going to be their starting QB come the wild card round - they have played good teams hard - then let poor teams take them to the wire the very next week.

I can only imagine that Pittsburgh would much rather get Cincy - as they are still quite a one-dimensional team - Pats can beat you both ways D or Offense.

I can also see that the reward would be higher for toppling the Pats in their own house, in the playoffs - this would go some way to erasing the pain of the last 4 years.

Im praying Bruschi is ok - caught a bang on the knee - didnt look massively serious until he jumped at the end of the run which made me think hamstring.

Leg injury is about as detailed as that report is going to be - we'll probably have to wait until the wild card round before we know the extent of the injury.

Oh - the Jets are a poor side - but we absolutely dominating every facet of the game - the Jets are playing pretty dirty and getting caught.

Its Steelers football out there at the minute - 100yds rushing at the half (that was a 2game total for us earlier in the season)

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:04 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,800 Times in 4,468 Posts

this years playoffs has nothing to do with erasing pain of the past 4 years. the team will not approach the games with that mindset either. what happened in the past is gone and forgotten. this year is for this year and they are playing for the ring. regardless whom they play. its not about retribution, revenge, or avenging past games, its about being the champ. that will be the only motivation needed. all that other stuff, like gaining respect, or shocking the world, is psychological hocus pocus. i dont think the steelers need it.

this mnf game is a joke! the pats are going for it on every 4th down and converting. theyre playing it like its madden and jets are going down in browns fashion.

and it looks like the fans are leaving after a 3 td lead with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. pathetic!

Last edited by tony hipchest; 12-26-2005 at 11:08 PM.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:04 PM   #13
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

I would rather play Indianapolis in the AFC Championship Game, so hopefully Cincinnati does lose next week, and New England wins... But what were not seeing is Pittsburgh can still miss the playoffs... If for some reason...
they lose to Detroit and KC beats Cincinnati, KC would be in, not Pittsburgh.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:10 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,800 Times in 4,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
I would rather play Indianapolis in the AFC Championship Game, so hopefully Cincinnati does lose next week, and New England wins... But what were not seeing is Pittsburgh can still miss the playoffs... If for some reason...
they lose to Detroit and KC beats Cincinnati, KC would be in, not Pittsburgh.
this is the same story as the past month. steelers must win to get in. nobody has missed this fact.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:21 AM   #15
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

One game at a time we realize that, hopefully this will help us this season!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:24 AM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Way too much has to realistically happen for us to play the Pats in the first round.. its much more concievable that it'll be the bengals assuming we get there..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:27 AM   #17
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

I kep preaching : One game at a time:" But I`m so ready this season for the playoffs. I`m more excited this year than after last year when we were 15-1. We were due to lose and we were getting a little to big for our britches. This year we are hungry!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:30 AM   #18
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
this years playoffs has nothing to do with erasing pain of the past 4 years. the team will not approach the games with that mindset either. what happened in the past is gone and forgotten. this year is for this year and they are playing for the ring. regardless whom they play. its not about retribution, revenge, or avenging past games, its about being the champ. that will be the only motivation needed. all that other stuff, like gaining respect, or shocking the world, is psychological hocus pocus. i dont think the steelers need it.

this mnf game is a joke! the pats are going for it on every 4th down and converting. theyre playing it like its madden and jets are going down in browns fashion.

and it looks like the fans are leaving after a 3 td lead with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. pathetic!
Sure, I can totally see your point Tony.

The reason why we totally dont have any sort of rivalry with the Colts is that past history is always forgotten straight away.

For the same reason, the Steelers dont have any sort of rivalry with the Patriots either - this will just be a simple game of playoff football with no added spice whatsoever......can I switch off the sarcasm now?

Either you are more of a fan of Belichicks pre-game assessments than you let on with your bland, robotic statement of the facts.......or you dont want to admit that a Patriots match up for the Steelers would have added significance when compared to another potential match-up...for whatever reason......

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:31 AM   #19
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Getting to big for our britches was the downfall of this team many times in seasons past..but you can just sense now that the door is opened the players are giving it all they got. I mean when you can put your sole focus on 1 team no matter what the records are thats what its all about and what we need to continue to do.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:34 AM   #20
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

LITP there isn`t any doubt in my mind that a Steelers Pats rivalry exist. And I hate to admit it. But the Pats are a huge threat once again. Brady is crafty and finds a way to win. BB has them in position to start another run. This may not be thier best team, but there knocking again!