Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-26-2005, 11:48 PM   #21
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Round one Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
LITP there isn`t any doubt in my mind that a Steelers Pats rivalry exist. And I hate to admit it. But the Pats are a huge threat once again. Brady is crafty and finds a way to win. BB has them in position to start another run. This may not be thier best team, but there knocking again!
Even though the recent playoff history has been a little lop-sided I can tell you that it would still hurt to lose to either the Colts or the Steelers in the playoffs - once you get on top of a team you dont want to let them off the floor.

Inter-team rivalry is what makes the game great - especially ones that exist outside your division - its means when you play them its normally for something big.

The secondary is the only thing that worries me - we could get caught out by jumpballs due to Ellis Hobbs' small stature - and Samuel was not playing with a great deal of confidence before tonight...he makes a pick...then he is off injured...typical!

I would love to find room for two more playoff games against the Steelers and the Colts this year.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 AM   #22
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Please walk me through why it would be more satisfying to beat the Bungles (which a lot of "experts" will be expecting the Steelers to do) than beat a team that has won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and has twice beaten the Steelers at home in the AFC Championship to keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl.
agree 100%, even though the bengals and their fans are getting ****y..there would be nothing better that us beating them to knock them off. and their would be nothing worse than losing to them AGAIN!!
Old 12-27-2005, 12:23 AM   #23
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter

Member Number: 71

The comment was made earlier in this thread about the Pats winning both of their games and the Bengals most likely losing to KC.

I say, don't count out the Fins - remember what they did to the Pats in 4 minutes last season!

As far as who we play goes, I will have to agree w/ those who want the Bengals first...

I want the Revenge 2006 Series! CIN, IND, NE
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:26 AM   #24
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

haha, I'd love to see the Bengals drop to Pittsburgh in Wildcard, New England beat Jacksonville, and then in the divisionals have Pittsburgh drop Indy, and New England drop Denver... That means New england hosts their third consecutive AFC Championship :D
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:36 AM   #25
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Due to the bungals loss this puts the steelers in an interesting position. It is assumed that we will beat detroit and make the playoffs. But now the scenario has changed a bit, if NE wins tonight against the jets (which they should) and again against the dolphins (which they should) and the bungals lose to KC in KC (which they probably will) this will put both NE and CIN at 11-5. And with the patriots having the better conference record that would put us going into Foxboro in the first round. I think we can beat either team, I REALLY want to go into cincinatti and destroy them, and while im not afraid of it i dont like the idea of gpoing into foxboro with the PATS on a roll. What do you guys think?
this is the one thing i do NOT want to happen to us. the pats scare the hell out of me, mainly cause brady is so damn clutch. i think we can beat them, and it would be sweet revenge to knock off the world champs at their home, but i much much much much rather play the bengals mainly cause they have no playoff experince they've lost some of their steam heading into the playoffs and plus we'd take back the victory they stole from us last month.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:07 AM   #26
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
haha, I'd love to see the Bengals drop to Pittsburgh in Wildcard, New England beat Jacksonville, and then in the divisionals have Pittsburgh drop Indy, and New England drop Denver... That means New england hosts their third consecutive AFC Championship :D
Why do we have to beat Indy? LOL Why can`t you beat Indy? LOL Just joking I understand the palyoff scenario
Old 12-27-2005, 07:15 AM   #27
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Looking at it from a sheer payback point of view it would be great to bounce New England, Jacksonville, Indy and Cincy from the playoffs seeing how each of those teams gave the Steelers 4 of their 5 losses. So I guess it really doesn't matter who the Steelers get in the opening round.

Should the Steelers play the Pats in the WC round the thought of Tom Brady and his very good short passing game which the Steelers defense struggles mightily against is already giving me heartburn.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:32 AM   #28
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
Looking at it from a sheer payback point of view it would be great to bounce New England, Jacksonville, Indy and Cincy from the playoffs seeing how each of those teams gave the Steelers 4 of their 5 losses. So I guess it really doesn't matter who the Steelers get in the opening round.

Should the Steelers play the Pats in the WC round the thought of Tom Brady and his very good short passing game which the Steelers defense struggles mightily against is already giving me heartburn.
Dang! Why did you have to mention Brady and his short passing game agaisnt us? I was having a good morning too! LOL:
Old 12-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #29
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I wouldn't mind facing NE. It would be nice to knock them out. But I also wouldn't mind knocking the Bengals out.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 03:10 PM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,780 Times in 2,941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Sure, I can totally see your point Tony.

The reason why we totally dont have any sort of rivalry with the Colts is that past history is always forgotten straight away.

For the same reason, the Steelers dont have any sort of rivalry with the Patriots either - this will just be a simple game of playoff football with no added spice whatsoever......can I switch off the sarcasm now?

Either you are more of a fan of Belichicks pre-game assessments than you let on with your bland, robotic statement of the facts.......or you dont want to admit that a Patriots match up for the Steelers would have added significance when compared to another potential match-up...for whatever reason......

NM
once again your either not reading the complete thread or just not seeing beyond your nose.

bengals in the 1st round
indy in the 2nd round and
patriots again in the afc champ game for the 3rd round.

you think the steelers are concerned at this point about a rivalry with the patriots?
they got some business to handle with an afc north rival to handle first. cant have these cats getting to big for their britches too quick. and its time big brother step up and put them into their place. whats so hard about that to understand. a steelers/ bengals matchup would have no spice?

personally i think the patriots have a rather bland style of playing football. kind of like the jaguars. sure they win but id rather watch a colts game or bengals game.

you can knock my preference all you want but the fact is i enjoy watching teams like the rams in 99, bills sb teams, lions with moore, perriman, and sanders, dan fouts chargers, warren moons run and shoot. never was a big fan of watching the 49ers west coast offense.

yes i want the pats again. but i want sweet justice too. i have already outlined this.

domo arrigato (or how ever its spelled)
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote