Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
ravensfan55
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Member Number: 12129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ravens fan speaks out

First post here.

First of all I want to congratulate the Steelers on a convincing win. I think the Ravens were a little too beat up and were definitely outplayed overall. Flacco played like.. well.. a rookie. I think the thing that impresses me more than anything when I watch the Steelers is how Ben seems to always make the plays on 3rd down.. at least it seems that way.

I'm proud of the Ravens for the way they played and I have little doubt the Steelers are going to win it all.

Nice board by the way.

Oh and by the way, not all "ratbird" fans are jerks.
ravensfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
ShutDown24
Team President
 
ShutDown24's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,125
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3997
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan speaks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
First post here.

First of all I want to congratulate the Steelers on a convincing win. I think the Ravens were a little too beat up and were definitely outplayed overall. Flacco played like.. well.. a rookie. I think the thing that impresses me more than anything when I watch the Steelers is how Ben seems to always make the plays on 3rd down.. at least it seems that way.

I'm proud of the Ravens for the way they played and I have little doubt the Steelers are going to win it all.

Nice board by the way.

Oh and by the way, not all "ratbird" fans are jerks.
They aren't all jerks, but they all have to at least hint at an excuse ("beat up"). You do know our two best offensive linemen have been out for weeks right? Lol just kidding

Good post, welcome to the board and here's hoping Flacco has a better season for you next year.
__________________
ShutDown24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$
 
steelreserve's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: www.meatspin.com
Posts: 4,599
Member Number: 1976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan speaks out

I was actually pretty impressed with the way most of the Ratbirds fans handled themselves this week. The ones I saw were mostly respectful and knew a fair amount about football. Real fans, in other words. Not like before the Chargers game; there were some real jerks that time.
__________________
"An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
ImAuthenticFTW
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Member Number: 12005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan speaks out

yea every teams has its fan that give the good ones a bad name, i found more often than not its the fan that are not from the area of the team that give them a bad name.
ImAuthenticFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Nighthawk
Starter
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 404
Member Number: 11264
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan speaks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAuthenticFTW View Post
yea every teams has its fan that give the good ones a bad name, i found more often than not its the fan that are not from the area of the team that give them a bad name.
I don't agree with that, there are plenty of fans for every team that aren't from the area their team plays that are great fans. Bad fans are just bad fans.

Welcome to the board and nice post ;)
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
ImAuthenticFTW
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Member Number: 12005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan speaks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
I don't agree with that, there are plenty of fans for every team that aren't from the area their team plays that are great fans. Bad fans are just bad fans.

Welcome to the board and nice post ;)
yes but im my personal expierience the Steelers fas from Pitt are stand up people, enjoy the rivalry the 2 teams have, as an example there is a guy on another forum i'm on who is from texas and is an open steelers fan and said he LAUGHED when McGahee was taken out with a neck injury. Now i heard the steelers fans at the game telling him to "get well soon" and "good luck buddy" and that this guy shouldnt be the "example of a steelers fan" but to some people he was the 1st impression they got of a Steelers "fan"
ImAuthenticFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
Nighthawk
Starter
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 404
Member Number: 11264
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan speaks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAuthenticFTW View Post
yes but im my personal expierience the Steelers fas from Pitt are stand up people, enjoy the rivalry the 2 teams have, as an example there is a guy on another forum i'm on who is from texas and is an open steelers fan and said he LAUGHED when McGahee was taken out with a neck injury. Now i heard the steelers fans at the game telling him to "get well soon" and "good luck buddy" and that this guy shouldnt be the "example of a steelers fan" but to some people he was the 1st impression they got of a Steelers "fan"
Just sounds like an example of a d-bag individual.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
ImAuthenticFTW
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Member Number: 12005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan speaks out

very much so, and trust me did he ever catch an ear full from ALOT of people lol. its just to some he was the 1st impression of a Steelers "fan" which i feel is not the case for 99% of them
ImAuthenticFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #9
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan speaks out

Personally, I do not like McGahee. It has nothing to do with the fact that he is a Raven, but how he left Buffalo.

The Bills drafted him in the first round when he may not have ever played football again after his knee injury in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. They paid him for a year to rehab his knee, an injury that didn't occure in a Bills uniform. Then he wants out because Buffalo isn't as fun of a town as Miami was? He had to badmouth the team and the town on the way out...so if anyone's a douchebag is McGahee.

While I didn't hope for serious injury, I wouldn't have felt bad for him if there was a career ending injury in that hit, it would have been karma.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #10
Polamalu43
Team Captain
 
Polamalu43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Los Angeles. California
Posts: 873
Member Number: 2665
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ravens fan speaks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
First post here.

First of all I want to congratulate the Steelers on a convincing win. I think the Ravens were a little too beat up and were definitely outplayed overall. Flacco played like.. well.. a rookie. I think the thing that impresses me more than anything when I watch the Steelers is how Ben seems to always make the plays on 3rd down.. at least it seems that way.

I'm proud of the Ravens for the way they played and I have little doubt the Steelers are going to win it all.

Nice board by the way.

Oh and by the way, not all "ratbird" fans are jerks.
Like how you called yourself a ratbird~!
__________________

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts