Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-26-2005, 10:38 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,828 Times in 2,092 Posts
Default Re: ty law intercepting tom brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
i kinda knew what you were talkin about tony, but even though your post is towards everyone i'll just clear myside and tell you i was responding to what steelcity said about brady going to look bad in the playoffs
i hear ya koopa cause i agree. brady will not look bad in the playoffs... unless someone (like the steelers) can bust up that line.

brady has really only looked bad one time this year and that was when the chiefs knocked the crap out of him early in the game.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:39 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
this post has nothing to do with the patriots winning or losing. i have said the patriots would win this game for over a month. they have nothing to worry about from anyone in their division. (i did underestimate the dolpins though- i said the pats could win the division going 8-8 or 9-7)

if you read inbetween the lines you will see that it was tungue in cheek commentary on all the patfans who said that ben was a fluke last year and sucked because he was picked off 3 times in the afc champ game.

but yet law picks off brady too. i guess hes not God after all.
Just out of interest - I would still say that Ben hasn't proved anything, at least not when it counts....in the playoffs and I have yet to see him carry his team to victory against decent opposition by throwing the ball.

The link between Brady and Big Ben is a tenuous one (even if it was meant tongue in cheek) - bearing in mind what they have both achieved at the same point in their careers.

So Ty Law picks off Brady, so thats ...ummmm...1 interception in the game and 13 for the year....- maybe you ought to rethink your proclamation that Brady isn't God......he probably is.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:42 PM   #13
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Just out of interest, how many games has Pitt lost with Ben in, and out, and Won with him in and out?
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:43 PM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

No there is only one GOD, Joe Paterno!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:55 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
Just out of interest, how many games has Pitt lost with Ben in, and out, and Won with him in and out?
Ben has a fantastic win% when he is the starting QB - im going from memory here but, including playoffs, I think he was 16-2 last year.

This year I believe that that the Steelers are 10-3 with Ben and 0-2 without him.

If all that guesswork is correct then the Steelers are 26-5 with him...and 0-2 without him.

Im sure one of the Steeler fans will give you some more accurate info - suffice to say Ben makes a huge difference to this team.

Welcome to the forum BTW - good to have someone else rooting for the Pats.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:09 AM   #16
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Just out of interest - I would still say that Ben hasn't proved anything, at least not when it counts....in the playoffs and I have yet to see him carry his team to victory against decent opposition by throwing the ball.

NM
LOL! yeah brady didnt show me nothing his first year in the league either. remember when he sat the bench all year and nobody knew who he was? ben has yet to complete his 2nd year in the league. hes only played in TWO play off games both of which were in his rookie season, so dont write the book just yet. did you see him put up 160 yds in the 1st quarter on saturday. dont try to tell me that game didnt count. nor did the one against the vikings or bears.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:20 AM   #17
tony hipchest

living, if everyone beat this descent opposition you always talk about they wouldnt be descent opposition now would they? steelers, colts, teams like the bears and bengals havnt faced descent opposition? who the hell are they playing? the canadion football league, nfl europe? ncaa? please tell me which team out there has beaten descent opposition? the patriots? dont even go there. seahawks? san diego? what the hell has that gotten them?
Old 12-27-2005, 12:21 AM   #18
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Haha yeah, remember in Brady's rookie... Yeah whatever... Wait...

Wait something is coming to me now!

Remember when Tom Brady started his entire 2nd year season, except 2 games, and Won the Super Bowl? Wow what a day!
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:15 AM   #19
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Welcome to the forum BTW - good to have someone else rooting for the Pats.
lol, you lonely now that your buddies left you when things got a little rough for the team? they should be comming back soon though now that things picked up, oh wait.... one already did this past week
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:07 AM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
LOL! yeah brady didnt show me nothing his first year in the league either. remember when he sat the bench all year and nobody knew who he was? ben has yet to complete his 2nd year in the league. hes only played in TWO play off games both of which were in his rookie season, so dont write the book just yet. did you see him put up 160 yds in the 1st quarter on saturday. dont try to tell me that game didnt count. nor did the one against the vikings or bears.
In two seasons I cannot remember a game where Ben had to beat a decent team without the help of a running game.

The pro's and con's to sitting a QB in his rookie year are pretty evenly balanced as far as performance in the 2nd year goes - if you insist on counting Brady's first year then I'll have to insist on calling it an undefeated debut season as starter.

I dont want to be too hard on Ben becasue he has the makings of a top-notch QB, but any QB who is compared to Brady doesnt come out looking too great.

NM