Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #91
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: gotta love FOX news- "obama not the president?"

I am MOST curious to see what happens IF he ends up adopting a whole slew of Bush policies AND they work out.

Who will get the credit?
Will the left acknowledge Bush?
Will they just pretend Obama made these policies himself?

(I'm opting for the former)

How will those of us who point all this out be treated? So far it's pretty much full-on attack mode, skipping the meat of the argument and attacking those making the arguments.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #92
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I agree, and if I disagree with his policies I will always state WHY. That way I am stating specific reasons and it is open for discussion. When I make GENERAL flaming statements about Obama, it is usually in response to someone on the left who calls Bush something very derogatory with little or no explanation as to WHY.
That's where I'm at. Though I was a Bush supporter during his terms in office, when I didn't agree with his policies, I so stated, and I will do the same with Obama.

As I stated above, I am not at all pleased with his first week in office due to his decisions to (a) close Guantanemo Bay within a year; (b) suspending the trial of five detainees in Guantanamo Bay who admit roles in the terror attacks on 911 (how will any of the families of those murdered on 911 ever have closure???) and (c) struck down the Bush administration's ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions (I am fiercely pro-life). Last but not least - his first official telephone call was to Mahmoud Abbas and he granted his first official interview to Al Arabiya??? Is there something wrong with this picture???

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #93
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I know he is my President and for that reason alone, I support him, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to call him out when I feel it is justified. I'm not happy at all with his first week in office and some of the decisions he's made in that short time, particularly his first official interview as President going to Al Arabiya and kissing the Muslim's asses, but I'm going to give him a fair shot to EARN my approval and respect. Imho - he's off to a very poor start.
Why shouldnt he go over there and talk to them. Just forget they exist. You do know that only 10 Percent of Muslims are of Arabic Brown skin decent. These middle east countries make up a very smal contigent of them. There is a differance between muslim fait and irratic Islam. Its not like he was on Al-Jazeera reaching out to Bin Ladin in a cave. He was on TV in the USA for the past 2 years giving speeches and interviews. If we are ever gonna win the war in Iraq or against terrorism we gotta try to bring peace to the whole middle east. We were the ones back in the 80's using the gaza strip as our own personal to delivery system to arm the afghani's against the soviets. If we leave the entire middle east in shambles hot beds of terrorism will find places in these others country's. Is it a situation we can bring total peace too I doubt it. But our president should sure as hell try. Remember it wasnt that long ago when people looked at Christians as borderline Radicals.
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #94
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelCurtain View Post
Why shouldnt he go over there and talk to them. Just forget they exist. You do know that only 10 Percent of Muslims are of Arabic Brown skin decent. These middle east countries make up a very smal contigent of them. There is a differance between muslim fait and irratic Islam. Its not like he was on Al-Jazeera reaching out to Bin Ladin in a cave. He was on TV in the USA for the past 2 years giving speeches and interviews. If we are ever gonna win the war in Iraq or against terrorism we gotta try to bring peace to the whole middle east. We were the ones back in the 80's using the gaza strip as our own personal to delivery system to arm the afghani's against the soviets. If we leave the entire middle east in shambles hot beds of terrorism will find places in these others country's. Is it a situation we can bring total peace too I doubt it. But our president should sure as hell try. Remember it wasnt that long ago when people looked at Christians as borderline Radicals.
As long as he backs Israel and its right to exist, and so far he has indicated he's going to do that, he can talk to them until he's blue in the face and it will make no difference. For example, as far as Iran goes, the citizens of Iran are largely pro-Western and pro-American and have been for some time. It's the government of Iran that's the problem. Same deal with the Palestinians - it's Hamas that's the problem and their role in the Palestinian government, not the average Palestinians themselves.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #95
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
As of September 11, 2001, there have been NO terrorist attacks in the United States. Those bastards killed OUR people and Obama wants to have sharbat and cous cous with them? I don't care what anyone says - those Ishkabibbles stick together like glue and if given the choice to stand behind their fellow Muslims or behind what is good and just, which choice do you think 99.9% of them would make?

"Change We Can Believe In". How 'bout starting right here at home - in the good ol' U.S. of A before worrying about making nice with people who have blindly hated us for decades and will continue to hate us and plot our demise?

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 01-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #96
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
As of September 11, 2001, there have been NO terrorist attacks in the United States. Those bastards killed OUR people and Obama wants to have sharbat and cous cous with them? I don't care what anyone says - those Ishkabibbles stick together like glue and if given the choice to stand behind their fellow Muslims or behind what is good and just, which choice do you think 99.9% of them would make?

"Change We Can Believe In". How 'bout starting right here at home - in the good ol' U.S. of A before worrying about making nice with people who have blindly hated us for decades and will continue to hate us and plot our demise?
Change we can Believe in i like the idea of not acting like America is the only country on the planet. For once maybee we can get other countries on the same page with us instead of against us. Well im glad your opinion of the Ishkabibble as you call them is so far from valid because we would really be in trouble eh.
Well 99.9 percent of them would still only count as 9.9 percent of all muslims. He is doing a interview with them not a train tour through the middle east. Islamic Radicals killed our people not Muslims. Obama has been working on stuff at home all week. We need to turn around the negative view other countries have on us. This is essential in helping rebuild our economy. And on the morning of September 11th there has never been a international terrorism attack. Ill think the 325 years before that was a little bit better run. You wanna talk about having cous cous. Who do you think George Bush was having tea with days before 9-11 Member of the Bin Laden Family. Now the bin laden family has had business ties in the U.S for years and are openly against anything Osama does. But still the same faith eh? You guys like to leave out all the facts and just listen to the ones you read in a chain email or see on fox news.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #97
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
As long as he backs Israel and its right to exist, and so far he has indicated he's going to do that, he can talk to them until he's blue in the face and it will make no difference. For example, as far as Iran goes, the citizens of Iran are largely pro-Western and pro-American and have been for some time. It's the government of Iran that's the problem. Same deal with the Palestinians - it's Hamas that's the problem and their role in the Palestinian government, not the average Palestinians themselves.
So what do you think is a more logical plan. Turning around the negative view their governmants have on America in a attempt to come closer to peace and avoid further conflict.

Or just ignore it and try to blow them off the planet getting even more 20x more americans killed than died in 9-11. 25,000 dead troops in Iraq. 3,000 people dies in september 11th attacks. Thats add up eh. Imagine what would happen with a war in Iran or North Korea. How many people died in the Israeli, Palestinian conflict already. Or that doesnt count because the troops signed up for and Palestinians have brown skin.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #98
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Change we can Believe in i like the idea of not acting like America is the only country on the planet. For once maybee we can get other countries on the same page with us instead of against us. Well im glad your opinion of the Ishkabibble as you call them is so far from valid because we would really be in trouble eh.
Well 99.9 percent of them would still only count as 9.9 percent of all muslims. He is doing a interview with them not a train tour through the middle east. Islamic Radicals killed our people not Muslims. Obama has been working on stuff at home all week. We need to turn around the negative view other countries have on us. This is essential in helping rebuild our economy. And on the morning of September 11th there has never been a international terrorism attack. Ill think the 325 years before that was a little bit better run. You wanna talk about having cous cous. You guys like to leave out all the facts and just listen to the ones you read in a chain email or see on fox news.
I can see trying to have a civil debate with you is as useless as tits on a bull.

Islamic Radicals/Muslims/Ishkabibbles - they are all one in the same to me. I'll NEVER - EVER - forget those cowards partying it up and dancing in the streets in the Middle East when they got the news the United States was attacked and thousands of our people were murdered by their "brothers". If you're OK with buddying up with those vicious bastards - that's on you. I'm NOT comfortable with it and will never change my opinion.

Quote:
Who do you think George Bush was having tea with days before 9-11 Member of the Bin Laden Family. Now the bin laden family has had business ties in the U.S for years and are openly against anything Osama does. But still the same faith eh?
Apples/Oranges. Period. Try to come up with something better if you are going to step to the plate for those evildoers and the President you just elected who obviously cares more about cozying up with the Middle East than he does about all of the problems here on our own soil.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #99
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
So what do you think is a more logical plan. Turning around the negative view their governmants have on America in a attempt to come closer to peace and avoid further conflict.

Or just ignore it and try to blow them off the planet getting even more 20x more americans killed than died in 9-11. 25,000 dead troops in Iraq. 3,000 people dies in september 11th attacks. Thats add up eh. Imagine what would happen with a war in Iran or North Korea. How many people died in the Israeli, Palestinian conflict already. Or that doesnt count because the troops signed up for and Palestinians have brown skin.
You're right - we should all join hands and sing Kumbaya.

And for your info, Clinton tried playing nice with NK - guess what, they reneged on the deal he made with them and developed nukes anyway. Wake up and join reality please.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #100
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

You say you are pro life, Does that only count if its a baby being born. God says to respect all lift. All the other people that die around the world or in the country because of war, hunger, religious persecution, nonsense political conflicts does not matter. Do you really think god would agree with that? Its our jobs as Christians to protect all life. Because making abortion totally illegal in the us or around the world and stopping any kind of funding for alternatives is gonna stop it right. I mean we made drugs illegal i dont know anyone that can get them.

Last edited by TheSteelCurtain; 01-28-2009 at 05:34 PM.