Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's Take

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's Take
By Kevin Gorman, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's it like to walk by the trophy case knowing that he has led the Steelers to Super Bowl XLIII:

"It's really no different. I just didn't decide to pursue one of those today as I walked by. No, really. It's a source of inspiration for me, it is. I respect the work that has been done in this organization by the men that have been a part of this organization. They set a great standard for us to try to play to. We simply try to honor what they've done with how we do our job. To be considered a part of that group would be a serious honor, one that we would cherish."

On the possibility he could be the first coach to receive the traditional congratulatory phone call from President Obama:

"Wow. What we're doing here today pales in comparison to what's going on in our nation's capital with President Obama's inauguration. As a citizen, as a parent, the hope that he sells, and we buy, and what he potentially is going to bring to the table is exciting. It provides hope for the future for our children. I'm as excited about that as I am about anything going on right now. In regards to potentially getting a phone call; Man, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm just trying to put together a decent game plan at this point."

On the last time he wore his Super Bowl XXXVII ring, which he won with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

"I don't. I generally take it with me when I go home to Virginia because people want to see it. But I don't. For me, those experiences are in here and here (pointing to his head and heart). The material possessions are less important to me. The most important thing about it for me is probably being able to give it to my children and letting them decide what they want to do with it. But I'm not a jewelry guy. It's more about the experience for than it is the ring."

On whether he has spoken with mentor Tony Dungy since winning the AFC championship:

"We haven't, as of yet. I'm a 'text guy,' so he texted me a few messages. I've yet to have the opportunity to call him. I anticipate that being a pleasant conversation. We'll probably end up talking about the inauguration and not football, but I look forward to that."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_608090.html
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote