Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #1
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Whitehouse.gov

One thing I will give props to Obama and his administration for...they're using the internet (and specifically the White House webpage) for the information outbrief to America very well.

While a lot of what I've seen is nothing more than a re-hashing of his campaign speeches (for now, a lot of words with little substance), at least he's making a lot of things available so that the public might actually educate themselves.

There's a section in the Briefing Room where you can review the Executive Orders and such...and I don't know that Bush (or his Administration) effectively used this tool to keep us truly abreast of what he was doing.

Then again, maybe I wasn't browsing it enough during Bush's tenure.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
hindes204
Assistant Coach
 
hindes204's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,217
Gender: Male
Member Number: 7614
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Whitehouse.gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
One thing I will give props to Obama and his administration for...they're using the internet (and specifically the White House webpage) for the information outbrief to America very well.

While a lot of what I've seen is nothing more than a re-hashing of his campaign speeches (for now, a lot of words with little substance), at least he's making a lot of things available so that the public might actually educate themselves.

There's a section in the Briefing Room where you can review the Executive Orders and such...and I don't know that Bush (or his Administration) effectively used this tool to keep us truly abreast of what he was doing.

Then again, maybe I wasn't browsing it enough during Bush's tenure.
The same thing was available during the Bush administration, just not enough people paid attention....and i hope more people start to look at it and educate themselves on what is going on...i think alot of people voted without even knowing what the hell Obama stood for other than "change"....i have to give him that though, he is one of the best campaigners ive ever seen
__________________
MAY GOD LET THE TRUTH BE SEEN...WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP MIKE
www.justiceformike.net
hindes204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Whitehouse.gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindes204 View Post
The same thing was available during the Bush administration, just not enough people paid attention....and i hope more people start to look at it and educate themselves on what is going on...i think alot of people voted without even knowing what the hell Obama stood for other than "change"....i have to give him that though, he is one of the best campaigners ive ever seen
As long as he takes his Presidancy as seriously as he took his campaigning...

We're a nation in a state of flux right now...going through a bit of a tough time. It's probably not nearly as dramatic as it's being made out by our over-sensationalizing media...but still...it's a rough patch.

I truly hope that he fixes what can be fixed in his short 4-year stint. I don't believe he needs to fix everything, just make a small improvement on as much as possible, while minimizing the cost of doing so.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
hindes204
Assistant Coach
 
hindes204's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,217
Gender: Male
Member Number: 7614
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Whitehouse.gov

I dont think "minimizing the cost" is a phrase you will hear very often during the next four years....be ready for the biggest government machine youve ever seen, and spending so high through the roof, they will just stop counting after a while
__________________
MAY GOD LET THE TRUTH BE SEEN...WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP MIKE
www.justiceformike.net
hindes204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Whitehouse.gov

I fear that...but it's a wait and see approach right now.

Already, Obama has had to rethink his campaign promises (how many phases has he gone through in regards to the War in Iraq?) I'm hoping he'll wise up to the government machine issues that will arise.
__________________
If you take the "U" out of "STUD", you get STD. I'm just saying.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Whitehouse.gov

If Obama adapts "The Krugman Doctrine" we are in a World of hurt for probably at least 50 years. That dude wants TRILLIONS tossed at the problem...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,140
Member Number: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Whitehouse.gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindes204 View Post
I dont think "minimizing the cost" is a phrase you will hear very often during the next four years....be ready for the biggest government machine youve ever seen, and spending so high through the roof, they will just stop counting after a while
I know what you mean...I'm going to miss the fiscal conservatism of the Bush administration. Those were the days.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
kittenfantastico76
Starter
 
kittenfantastico76's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 444
Gender: Female
Member Number: 11856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Whitehouse.gov

Education is the first key tool in any battle. If anything I think the best thing about this election and hopefully this presidency, will be that people take time to read between the lines and educate themselves regardless of what side they are on - look beyond what your favorite news station tells you - because you may only be getting one side of the story... This was a really tough election choice for me this year - I was back and forth until the very end - I'm an Independent, and feel both sides have valid points and points that are better left on the cutting room floor... so I will say if anything I feel better about my choices this year because I just didn't vote for the lesser of 2 evils, I voted for someone I thought and hope was qualified for the position and could do some good in this country.

Bottom line it was neck and neck for me - and I cussed at both parties through this battle for the White House.

Thank you for the link - more education is a concept I can totally get behind!
__________________
kittenfantastico76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,512
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 589
Thanked 4,561 Times in 2,313 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Wink Re: Whitehouse.gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenfantastico76 View Post
Education is the first key tool in any battle. If anything I think the best thing about this election and hopefully this presidency, will be that people take time to read between the lines and educate themselves regardless of what side they are on - look beyond what your favorite news station tells you - because you may only be getting one side of the story... This was a really tough election choice for me this year - I was back and forth until the very end - I'm an Independent, and feel both sides have valid points and points that are better left on the cutting room floor... so I will say if anything I feel better about my choices this year because I just didn't vote for the lesser of 2 evils, I voted for someone I thought and hope was qualified for the position and could do some good in this country.

Bottom line it was neck and neck for me - and I cussed at both parties through this battle for the White House.

Thank you for the link - more education is a concept I can totally get behind!

Education is the silver bullet. Education is everything. We don't need little changes. We need gigantic, monumental changes. Schools should be palaces. The competition for the best teachers should be fierce. They should be making six figure salaries. Schools should be incredibly expensive for government and absolutely free of charge to its citizens, just like national defense. That's my position. I just haven't figured out how to do it yet. quote
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #10
kittenfantastico76
Starter
 
kittenfantastico76's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 444
Gender: Female
Member Number: 11856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Whitehouse.gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Education is the silver bullet. Education is everything. We don't need little changes. We need gigantic, monumental changes. Schools should be palaces. The competition for the best teachers should be fierce. They should be making six figure salaries. Schools should be incredibly expensive for government and absolutely free of charge to its citizens, just like national defense. That's my position. I just haven't figured out how to do it yet. quote
Well put! Teachers should be paid SO much more and given SO much more credit!!!!
__________________
kittenfantastico76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts