Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
82CardsGrad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12135
Default OK Steeler Fans...

Look, in my opinion, I came here and was more than respectful and courteous. Even stated how much I respect and honor your team... Thought I would get into some solid football banter. With one or two exceptions, I was wrong...

It's clear to me that you guys simply can't allow for the possibility that this game might be closer than you seem to believe it will be.
You constantly say "you heard this crap before" from Charger fans and the like. That's cool... I'm done and outta here...

I'll be back though after the game, win or lose... Should you guys win, I will give you all the props you deserve. Should the game be a tight one, I will also remind you of what I've said about the Cards... And should we win - well, ban me now!!
All kidding aside - I would have enjoyed the chance to chat about real football topics... Oh well...

Ciao,

82CardsGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,288 Times in 470 Posts
Default Re: OK Steeler Fans...

Don't let the door hitya....
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,251 Times in 2,297 Posts

BUH BYE

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715

Jerry Gar CYA.
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 11049

quoting myself in another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi Kapp Steeler View Post
WOW

First this guy introduces himself as a STEELERS/JETS/CARDS fan
Second he accusing of all Steeler fans as ignorant people who don't retain his knowable input. (In which if he had a brain he would see we agree with him on most topics)
Third every time you rebut his arguement he simple puts a in your face like a 7yr old kid.
Fourth he tries to patch it up and play the good guy card at the end of his posts.
Fifth he goes back to his own site where he belongs and whines and pouts and moans about the steelers fans.

Geez man, you are a Troll im sorry. Like I said I try to give the benefit of the doubt but you got written all over for you.

PLEASE invite someone else from cardinalstalk to come over to replace you. Maybe a fan scratch that a MAN with respect.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

"Football discussion" requires a certain basic level of general knowledge about the game. Stating that the Cardinals are going to win by several scores CLEARLY demonstrates a lack of that said knowledge.

If there are any knowledgable Cards fans, feel free to invite them over for some football talk. We genuinely welcome those types of posters...
Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CardsGrad View Post
Look, in my opinion, I came here and was more than respectful and courteous. Even stated how much I respect and honor your team... Thought I would get into some solid football banter. With one or two exceptions, I was wrong...

It's clear to me that you guys simply can't allow for the possibility that this game might be closer than you seem to believe it will be.
You constantly say "you heard this crap before" from Charger fans and the like. That's cool... I'm done and outta here...

I'll be back though after the game, win or lose... Should you guys win, I will give you all the props you deserve. Should the game be a tight one, I will also remind you of what I've said about the Cards... And should we win - well, ban me now!!
All kidding aside - I would have enjoyed the chance to chat about real football topics... Oh well...

Ciao,

I thought you and I had a good conversation over in another thread?(can't remember the title now). I have been very complimentary toward the Cardinals and have a lot of respect for them, and believe me I know they should not be taken lightly. This is not going to be any cake walk for my beloved Steelers. The Cards present a lot of challenges for our team. I'll talk about football with ya, if you like? Let me know.

Dawn

Go Steelers!
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CardsGrad View Post

Ciao,

Lets discuss it.

The Steelers defense is #1 against the Pass, and even if the Cardinals are #1 right now in scoring in the playoffs, the Steelers are #2 in scoring offense. The Rushing Defense of the Steelers is very good, the Cardinals Running game has gotten better since being 32 in the regular season, but it could be more because of other teams focussing on the Passing Game, then it has to do with the Cards actually running the ball. (Carolina they had such a huge lead they could run it 44 times)

The Cards have a very high powered offense when not pressed or under pressure. They got out to big leads in their playoff games and did enough to keep other teams from scoring too many points and holding on. They also had the luxary of having one QB completely crap his pants in Carolina. 5 ints and a fumble. That will win the Lions a game.

The Offense of the Cards is very good, but the "Wiz knows the Steelers" line isn't quite so. Since winning the SB 3 years ago, did you know we only have 1 of the same linemen left as a starter? Grimm has zero knowledge about the guys we have blocking for us now. As for Running Backs, Davis and Russell with Moore, none of them have rings either. So basically, they are familiar with the QB and the WRs. Yet now we run an entirely different offense because Arians tore up the old playbook and got rid of plays that existed since Brister was QB. So our offense, is totally different.

As for the Defense. There is so much film on our defense, and what our D Coordinator likes to do, that there isn't really anything that "inside" knowledge can do to help. You do have Clark Haggans on your reserve roster, and he may have some insight into our Linebackers, but Woodley Timmons Gay weren't on the Defense when we won it all. Our Starting 3 downline men are even different on the Right side, we don't have Kimo anymore. So we are looking at a very different team.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
CPanther95
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 11672

Don't get it. You want football banter, but only if we agree with you that it is going to be a close game???

Sounds like you came here just to feel better about your chances.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

This is a very knowledgeable board my friend, just ask other fans that we have faced and talked to.

If you come here and want to talk good football, we will talk good football.

If you dont wanna talk good football, you wont be missed.

Sharkissle29 is offline   Reply With Quote