Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-23-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
jack4patriots
Banned

Member Number: 256
Default Cowher??

I was talking to a friend and fellow Pats fan and was telling him about this website. He was lovin' all your responses to my posts. He was gonna sign-up but then decided the website would probably disappear after the Steelers lose tonight!

But seriously, he wants to know what the Steeler fans really think of coach Cowher. Do you guys support him as a coach?

Jack
jack4patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
14THUMB
Water Boy

Member Number: 165
Default Re: Cowher??

cowher is a great coach he will lead us to glory and all the doubters can kiss my ass
14THUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:10 AM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I wouldn't have anyone else leading us. He's a great coach.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:33 AM   #4
dlg195
Water Boy

Member Number: 274

It's all about the jaw, baby!
dlg195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:40 AM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Cowher is my man ,you cant discredit what he has done for us. I'll stick by him, but right now, its hard to look at this season and reflect..

its just too hard..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #6
joedv1218
Water Boy

Member Number: 259

We Love Billy Boy! My avatar says it all!
joedv1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #7
Bruno43
Water Boy

Member Number: 212

Cowher power baby! Wouldnt be the same without em :)
Bruno43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #8
Terrible_Tom
Water Boy

Member Number: 131

How can you be on the 3 yard line with a chance to bring the score within 7 and not go for it. It is too bad that Coward did not have a little more confidence in his own offence than that. Besides, what would we have to lose at that point. Even if they would not have got the TD the Patsies would have had to take it from the 1 or 2 yard line, making a chance for a safety, giving us the ball back. Instead, all the momentum was taken away from the team at probably the last opportunity we had.

COWARD gave up on this team way too early.

Fk Cowher!! Choke Choke Choke Choke!!!!!!!!!!!
Terrible_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:19 AM   #9
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I'm still behind the man. Especially becuase he is what the organization wants in a coach. Love the city, love the players, give it all you got. It would have taken more than that goal line call to help us tonight. I watched the drive after that field goal and NE was beating our d-line off the ball. I think by that point it was too much. I can't say enough about a man who has won with Bubby, Neil, Kordell, Tommy, and Ben. A man who produces rushers like Hoge, Foster, Morris, Bettis, Zeroue, Staley, and Haynes. To have a majority of your staff become coaches speaks volumes as well. Lets see how it goes after Belichek loses his staff this year, then compare.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:48 PM   #10
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120
Thumbs up Re: Cowher??

Cowher Power!

He is a solid coach. He has Iron City character! He knows how to get good coaches under him. He builds solid teams that work like teams, not with dominating stars as the focal point. He plays very conservatively, always with tricks in the game plan. He is better than Belliceck, since in the 13 years at the burgh he has had 2 or 3 bad seasons. (I do admit that Belliceck is a good coach too). Of course his success is not glofied by the press, since he hasn't won the big ones yet.

I have seen Cowher go for a lot of 4th and short plays all season. Even in Super Bowl XXX he went for a 4th and 1, which they did not convert. I was shocked that he did not go for a 4th and goal, being down so many points. At that point it would have been the true comeback the Steelers needed. If they have another quarter left, then that conservative call made sense. That was very unCowher-like, yet I get why he did it.

In both the Jets and Patriots games, there were times the Steelers should have ran, yet passed. Those calls were less Cowher's, yet less characteristic of the "shove it down their throat" style of run strategy.

In the 2003-04 season, that was very uncharacterist for Cowher, probably just an experiment. I love tough defenses and tough running games. I do admit I liked seeing th passing game open up in 2003-04. Just stunk that the secondary was the big hole in the team that year. Kansas City opened it up and everyone threw down the weak middle. All that aside, I am hoping that Cowher can develop some outstanding pass packages that will compliment the running game. That would keep defenses on their toes. Not that New England has an awesome running game, yet they have a running threat that compliments their passing game. (Or something like that). That kept countless teams' defenses busy.

I expect Cowher to be a 20 year coach with the Steelers, retiring as a Steeler. That gives him 7 years to win at least 4 Super Bowls to match Chuck Noll!

Cowher power will get the job done!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote