Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-05-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
ShiestyLG
Water Boy

Member Number: 353
Default TailGating Stories

Hey, my names Matt and I'm a Pitt student. For one of my classes I'm writing a paper on tailgating and was wondering if I could get some stories of tailgaiting from some fans.

How often do you tailgate? Do you tailgate for other teams?

What's some of the craziest tailgating experiences that you can remember?

Why do you tailgate?

Do you have tixits to the game or do you just go to tailgate?

Other than drink and eat, what else do you do while tailgating?

Thanks.
ShiestyLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:13 PM   #2
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: TailGating Stories

Hmmm...I'll start. I tailgate for every football game I go to, even the college games. I tailgate namely to socialize with people I meet on Message Boards, truth be told. Since a lot of them are from all over the Country, and I only post on Steelers BB's, meeting at games is the only way to ever see them in person. As for tickets, I don't always have tickets when I get to the tailgate, but I always do by time I leave.

Some of the weirdest stuff I've seen was tailgating at the annual draft day party my other BB holds at Heinz Field every Draft Day. An old man with a Llama stopped by once...still not sure why the Hell the guy had a Llama in the Heinz Field parking lot, but he did. Come to think of it, I may not be the best person to recollect stories of wild tailgate going-on's, since they usually involve me and copious amounts of alcohol.

Probably the worst part is all the homeless people begging for food and panhandling.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiestyLG
Hey, my names Matt and I'm a Pitt student. For one of my classes I'm writing a paper on tailgating and was wondering if I could get some stories of tailgaiting from some fans.

Why do you tailgate?

Thanks.
I am part of a Huge Tailgate. Each one of us bring something to the Tailgate to eat, plus you bring your own choice of Beverage. Mine is IC Light, of couse. It's a Burgh Thing! We have been tailgating together now for over 13 years, even though I met up with them then, the older ones have been tailgating for over 25 years! Our Tailgate has won alot of awards over the past. In 2001 we won the Jack Daniels Award for best Tailgate in Pittsburgh! Steelers ruined it for us though. We tailgate every Steelers game. Lots open 5 hours before game time, so the tailgate starts promptly then. We evern tailgate when ever we go for a road game. We have tailgated at Baltimore, Cincy, and Buffalo. Buffalo is a great tailgating stadium. We all have tickets inside the game. But have hosted people who just come down to tailgate, then walk over too Hi Tops and watch it. We have this tradition of, every so often during the tailgate that we call "Meeting Time". We pour alot of Shots, mostly of Schnaaps. After the Shots are poured, our leader shouts: "Whose House is it?", and we yell Back "Steelers House!" and then you down your shot! It's fun, and tailgating is part of the NFL game experience if you ask me. Majority opf the people hang out drink a few beers, and talk about various things about anything. There is toom many stories that I can tell you, if you want to give me a call, I'll talk to ya. My phone number is: 724-964-1119. I'll help you anyway that I can. I hate typing! LOL! You aere more than welcome to join us this Sunday for the Bears game. We are in Blue Lot #7F. I'll post a map for you. Look for a yelow Ford Escape, parked next to a Black Chevy Envoy.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"

Last edited by Stlrs4Life; 02-04-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I usually tailgate at every game I go to. Mostly Steelers. I`ve also tailgated at PSU. We met up with some Braves fans and tailgated at the Pirates playoff game in early 90`s. They were rooting for the wrong team, but they sure could party.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #5
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Blitz, Prosdo, MIKE. Help. where is everyone??
Old 01-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiestyLG

Why do you tailgate?

Thanks.
Question 1) Every Steelers home game.

Question 2) Just the Steelers.

Question 3) I really don't have any crazy stories. Pretty much a well behaved crowd. Rowdy and loud, but we keep it under control.

Question 4) I tailgate because we have the greatest fans in the NFL. Why would you not want to be around that type of atmosphere? Also, the smell of charcoal, smoked meat and beer during a cold Winter Sunday at Heinz Field is something everybody should experience at least one time before they die.

Question 5) I have season tickets and I tailgate.

Question 6) Besides drinking and eating we listen to the pre-game shows, throw the pigskin around, listen to music and conversate with other fellow hardcore Steeler fans.

GO STEELERS!!!!