Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715
Default Re: Cards offensive line rising just in time on 'trust' and 'talent'

^^^^ If you just thought of that, Thats freaking great. I feel you have bene saving that for a while. haha.
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #12
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CardsGrad View Post
Yup... And you guys played the toughest schedule in the league and still produced the 12 & 4 record. Amazing accomplishment really...

I asked this in another thread... If the Cards were to somehow win in Tampa, where would that rank in terms of alltime Super Bowl upsets??
Not even near the top five. You'll have to beat out Super Bowl III (Jets over Colts), XXXVI (Patriots over Rams), and XLII (Giants over Patriots) to do that.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #13
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
While the Cardinals struggled with their running game during the season, they've struck a critical balance in winning three postseason games and reaching the franchise's first Super Bowl. They've rushed the ball 100 times and thrown it 92 after passing on 65% of their offensive plays during the regular season.

The Cardinals ran the ball 340 times in the regular season, about 21 times a game. They've averaged 33 rushes in the playoffs.
I don't know, it seems pretty obvious to me that at the start of the season, they were using James a lot more and having more success running. So they were winning those games.

Then they basically benched James for the second half of the season and did precisely dick in the rushing game, so they lost a lot of games.

Then for the playoffs, they pulled their heads out of their asses and started using James more often and ran the ball better, so they started winning again.

I know James isn't as good as he used to be, but it seems to me like when he's in there giving them at least some semblance of a running attack, the Cardinals are a completely different team. Shutting him down is going to be a big key to winning the game.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
There you go again....the competition counts.

They should change their name to the "Arizona Tampons" as they're only good for one period and have no second string.

(and of course, their red&white colors)

Old 01-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #15
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Well hopefully our OL plays a lot better than the Cardinals OL on Super Bowl Sunday. That will be one of the bigger keys to the game in who protects the QB better and helps generate more of a rushing attack.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #16
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Well hopefully our OL plays a lot better than the Cardinals OL on Super Bowl Sunday. That will be one of the bigger keys to the game in who protects the QB better and helps generate more of a rushing attack.
I think our OL will perform well. The past few games have been very refreshing to watch in terms of their performance, they've exceeded my expectations so far for the playoffs.

You have to keep in mind also that all but one of the Steelers losses this year (the Colts being the one) have been against a defense ranked within the top 10 (and honestly the Colts defense was ranked 11th for the year), Eagles (3), Giants (5) and Titans (7). A fairly new OL unit losing to great defenses like these is not really surprising. Also, they did hold their own against 4 of the other top ranked defenses they faced this year (6 times total by playing the Ravens 3 times).

Hell, the Bengals had a better defense this year than the Cardinals did. I have confidence that the offense will be fully able to step up and get things done.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #17
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
I think our OL will perform well. The past few games have been very refreshing to watch in terms of their performance, they've exceeded my expectations so far for the playoffs.
I definitely see your point and do agree that they have been playing much better the past few weeks. And I hope they continue their good play and not lay a stinker in the biggest game of the year.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #18
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Originally Posted by Killer
There you go again....the competition counts.

They should change their name to the "Arizona Tampons" as they're only good for one period and have no second string.

(and of course, their red&white colors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post

I have a confession to make - I stole that from a Benglas site...don't hate me.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote