Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
sacredgrooves
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10495
Default "Ben can be rattled"

Where the heck does this perception come from? I see this statement on other teams boards and I frankly, I am baffled as to why. Sure, he takes chances that do not always pan out, but he is gamer! I have not seen him anywhere near rattled since his performance in XL. Am I missing something?
sacredgrooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
82CardsGrad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12135
Default Re: "Ben can be rattled"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Where the heck does this perception come from? I see this statement on other teams boards and I frankly, I am baffled as to why. Sure, he takes chances that do not always pan out, but he is gamer! I have not seen him anywhere near rattled since his performance in XL. Am I missing something?
I have a huge amount of respect for Ben... I see him as a game and a flat-out winner... Not always pretty, but in the end he finds the way to get the W...
I honestly can't say I have ever seen him "rattled"... He seems to be a risk-taker for sure, but definitely not someone who gets rattled...
82CardsGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

you're right. i never seen him get rattled. he keeps his composure throughout and when it comes time to make plays, he makes them. when it comes down to game winning drives, i'd have him on my side no matter what. example, the game winning drive vs. Baltimore with the Holmes controversial catch. everyone was focused on the catch itself and not the fact that Ben drove them 92 yards to get it.

Ben is a winner and a great competitor and at this pace, a future Hall of Famer. no doubt.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Look at what he did against the Giants this season: 13 of 29 for a completion percentage of 44.8, 189 yards with 1 TD and 4 INT's. He was sacked 5 times for a total loss of 35 yards. He was definitely rattled during that game. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

Edit: It's also worth noting that he can be rattled all game, but if you give him a chance at a game tying/winning drive, he'll quickly regain his composure.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
Look at what he did against the Giants this season: 13 of 29 for a completion percentage of 44.8, 189 yards with 1 TD and 4 INT's. He was sacked 5 times for a total loss of 35 yards. He was definitely rattled during that game. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

Edit: It's also worth noting that he can be rattled all game, but if you give him a chance at a game tying/winning drive, he'll quickly regain his composure.
as true as the statline for that game may be, it basically came down to that bad snap by Harrison. be probably could've pulled that off. but hey, we didn't. we learn to adpat, roll with it, i ching, and here we are in the Super Bowl. enough said.

i never count out Big Ben. but some of them out there want to yell at the screen "put Leftwich in!" as soon as Ben makes some stupid mistake. i'm like, "are you kidding me!? STFU! he's out starting QB...have faith you fairweather fans!" that shuts them up...and usually i'm right. =)

Last edited by HometownGal; 01-23-2009 at 06:59 AM.
SteelCityKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

You cannot sleep on ben, that's the problem

He may get rattled, no QB is invulnerable, but he's probably the fastest in the league in gaining back his poise

If he throws 3INTs and you think you've beaten him- You're wrong
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #7
SC Steeler Steve
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 12276

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
you're right. i never seen him get rattled. he keeps his composure throughout and when it comes time to make plays, he makes them. when it comes down to game winning drives, i'd have him on my side no matter what. example, the game winning drive vs. Baltimore with the Holmes controversial catch. everyone was focused on the catch itself and not the fact that Ben drove them 92 yards to get it.

Ben is a winner and a great competitor and at this pace, a future Hall of Famer. no doubt.
This ^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post

This ^^^^
And BTW, I think we still win the Giants game if not for a special teams mishap. Sure Ben has had bad games, but he doesnt get rattled.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
stlrz fan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10982

Ben can get rattled but by much stronger defenses. Do you think that Arizona will bring that much pressure? And, the O lLine is performing at a much higher level than they were against the Giants.
stlrz fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Ben rattled??? LOL - Maybe Brady or Manning, but getting hit just pisses Ben off and makes him play better.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrz fan View Post
Ben can get rattled but by much stronger defenses. Do you think that Arizona will bring that much pressure? And, the O lLine is performing at a much higher level than they were against the Giants.
that O-line has improved leaps and bounds throughout the season. so, is Ben getting better at making the plays or is the O-line getting better at protecting? either way...Ben HAS to make a play...rattled or not.

wow! i sound like Skip Bayless!

Last edited by HometownGal; 01-23-2009 at 07:00 AM.
SteelCityKing is offline   Reply With Quote