Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-28-2005, 09:06 AM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Pats looming large...

I really think that the Pats would much prefer to get Indy in the divisonal round.

I would rather catch the Colts cold when they haven't had a proper game for 4 weeks than letting them warm up against another playoff team.

Jax(W.C).,...Indy(DIV)....Pittsburgh(CONF) is ideal for me - its the most likely way the Pats will get to host the AFCCG - unless the Jags go all the way.

I doubt we will get anymore updates on Tedy before the first playoff game - BB wont give up that info to let anyone game plan for his inclusion/exclusion...and why should he?

As a side note - Bruschi walked unaided to the team bus with only a slight limp - he seemed pretty happy but refused to answer questions regarding the injury - which im sure surprises no-one.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:16 AM   #12
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I really think that the Pats would much prefer to get Indy in the divisonal round.

I would rather catch the Colts cold when they haven't had a proper game for 4 weeks than letting them warm up against another playoff team.

Jax(W.C).,...Indy(DIV)....Pittsburgh(CONF) is ideal for me - its the most likely way the Pats will get to host the AFCCG - unless the Jags go all the way.

I doubt we will get anymore updates on Tedy before the first playoff game - BB wont give up that info to let anyone game plan for his inclusion/exclusion...and why should he?

As a side note - Bruschi walked unaided to the team bus with only a slight limp - he seemed pretty happy but refused to answer questions regarding the injury - which im sure surprises no-one.

NM
Good point about catching the Colts cold! Like I said as a possible 6th seed we have no chance for a home game. So line them up! We`ll play them in order!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:31 AM   #13
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:

NM
LITP I like your path except 1 problem. The only way you play us in the AFC Championship Game is if we go to indy(Lowest Seed goes To Indy) 2nd highest goes to Denver.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:30 AM   #14
steeler47
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 663

Quote:

NM
Well on the first note..isnt it a NFL league rule that the Injury Report must be given.And that means the REAL inj. report.Its called ETHICS.Oh I'm sorry this is the The all america propaganda team.what am I thinking..??

Second...hell I could act that long.just to get to my ride!!!He's hurt and he'll be hurt the rest of the season.It WILL affect him and his team.He broke or tore something..simple as that.The leg just does not bend that way.and by the way,did you see him try to run or put weight on it after....ok.now can you recall in your viewing nfl history that when a player's leg is broke or somethings torn and they try to put weight on it..It was the same reaction that bruschi had.Down goes bruschi..down goes brushi !!
He may play.but there is something seriously wrong with his leg!!

The PITTSBURGH STEELERS...2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
steeler47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:57 AM   #15
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

It all comes down to, we need to beat whoever the hell we play.. if we wish we played one team over the other than that doesnt say much about the confidence we have in our team.

We are a great road team, we can do it !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:52 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
LITP I like your path except 1 problem. The only way you play us in the AFC Championship Game is if we go to indy(Lowest Seed goes To Indy) 2nd highest goes to Denver.
Ah...so you spotted my ummmmm deliberate mistake then!

Well noticed - i get so caught up with with all the different permutations that I forget what is possible.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:04 PM   #17
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeler47
Well on the first note..isnt it a NFL league rule that the Injury Report must be given.And that means the REAL inj. report.Its called ETHICS.Oh I'm sorry this is the The all america propaganda team.what am I thinking..??

Second...hell I could act that long.just to get to my ride!!!He's hurt and he'll be hurt the rest of the season.It WILL affect him and his team.He broke or tore something..simple as that.The leg just does not bend that way.and by the way,did you see him try to run or put weight on it after....ok.now can you recall in your viewing nfl history that when a player's leg is broke or somethings torn and they try to put weight on it..It was the same reaction that bruschi had.Down goes bruschi..down goes brushi !!
He may play.but there is something seriously wrong with his leg!!
Before you post you probably need to read it to yourself first - then decide if what you have written makes any sense.

If you had taken this advice I doubt we would have seen this particular post in all its 'glory'.

Right there in your first paragraph you managed to contradict yourself - rep points to you....thats a record.

Rules are enforceable by the NFL - if a team breaks them then they get a reprimand and a punishment.

Ethics are totally different - they are a cloudy set of moral standards that I doubt any two people agree 100% on - if a teams behaviour does not meet your rigorous moral standards - then it does not get a fine.

Know why?

Because they arent rules.........im sure you are beginning to see the difference now.

Secondly, your highly professional diagnosis of Bruschi's injury was quite astounding - I dont know why some sports network hasn't snapped you up to be their celebrity 'Doc On The Spot' - you dont even need to be in the stadium to make your diagnosis....

Of course it would be alot more convincing if your bitterness towards the Patriots didnt leak out of every word you type along the way....I can almost feel you gnashing your teeth as you type this nonsense.

There are alot of supporters of the Steelers who arent huge fans of the Patriots - and I understand that - but your attempt at a coherent post just makes you look desperate as well as borderline illiterate.

Maybe you could take the advice I offered 'newbie' AugustaShark - take up boxing or some sort of contact sport - you need an outlet for all that irrational hatred.

NM
Old 12-28-2005, 09:53 PM   #18
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

[
Maybe you could take the advice I offered 'newbie' AugustaShark - take up boxing or some sort of contact sport - you need an outlet for all that irrational hatred.

NM[/QUOTE]

Come on man, I offered you a peace offering in my other post!!!!! lay off the newbie smack!!!

47 is dye in the wool supporter of our steelers, therefore he is our brother and he should be treated as such!!!!! If he came in here and attacked you or your family then I can agree with you. But he did not!!!!

Take it easy man...Every Steeler fan in this forum should have a dislike for the Pats! (if they don't then they are not true fans) Don't take so personal!!!!

In closing either take my peace offering or the smack talk will cont......
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:21 AM   #19
steeler47
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 663

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark
[

NM

Quote:
Come on man, I offered you a peace offering in my other post!!!!! lay off the newbie smack!!!

47 is dye in the wool supporter of our steelers, therefore he is our brother and he should be treated as such!!!!! If he came in here and attacked you or your family then I can agree with you. But he did not!!!!

Take it easy man...Every Steeler fan in this forum should have a dislike for the Pats! (if they don't then they are not true fans) Don't take so personal!!!!

In closing either take my peace offering or the smack talk will cont......[/
quote]

You cant let the patsie fan get to ya.Its just another trying to be the calm and cool semi-intellegent smacker! Let him play his More Holy than thou attitude.I know I know..its pitiful but what are ya going to do.

This is why We have to beat brandie and his clowns......nothing less will do.Its not just beating the team.its shuting up these types.

Now all you chowderheads go back to patriots planet.Notice we dont ban people like they do just because of some smack.Our skins thick here.So go back to your crybabies.

The PITTSBURGH STEELERS...2006 WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!
steeler47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:24 AM   #20
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Ah...so you spotted my ummmmm deliberate mistake then!

Well noticed - i get so caught up with with all the different permutations that I forget what is possible.

NM

Hey Thanks. I thought you forgot how the pairings go for the Divisional Round.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote