Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Community > Introductions

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
412SteelCity
Water Boy

Member Number: 12330
Smile Just another Stiller Fan...

Just wan2 introduce myself...my name is Joe and i was born and raised in by far the best city out there, Pittsburgh.
i rest my head in the West End of the city, with in reasonable walking distance to the stadiums.
whats so unique about were i live, is i can hear the crowed and the fans inside the stadium, on my front porch and might i add, it is an incredible sound.

wan2 know more, feel free to message me

GO STEELERS!

Pittsburgh Steelers...killing 2 birds with one stone
Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
412SteelCity
Water Boy

Default Re: Just another Stiller Fan...

here is an interesting article that came by my office earlier on today...read it, its intense...this came from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Local Dispatch: Outside Heinz Field, feeling victory, hearing Steelers Nation roar
Friday, January 23, 2009
By Angela Lloyd
James Hilston/Post-Gazette

I drove slowly by Heinz Field Sunday night. It was just after the Troy Polamalu interception in the fourth quarter. It was like being inside the stadium. Better, in a way.

Though I have lived in the area for only two years, I have been a Steelers fan since I can remember. For most of the game, I was with my sister and her husband at their place. My family had been talking about this match up and anticipating it all week, along with the whole soul of the city. We banded together to watch the game in controlled mayhem.

The game proved to be everything I had hoped it would be and more. We were laughing and cheering, and spilling nachos and drinks as we jumped to our feet, sometimes yelling, sometimes cheering. I couldn't have been happier.

Then I got this crazy idea. I don't know why, but I felt the urge to head home in the third quarter.

Something in me just knew we had cemented our hold on the Super Bowl, so if I was behind the wheel instead of in front of the television for part of the game, what could it hurt?

But something in my curious mind wanted to peek in on the stadium in real time. I burned with a desire sparked by a random, intriguing thought:

Could the fans gathered in the stadium truly generate enough energy to rock the city? Would the waving and roaring and constant activity be felt even by someone just passing through?

I said my goodbyes in a hurry and headed for Heinz Field. I wasn't surprised by the lack of traffic. I did almost get sick when I heard Troy's magnificent play on the radio, and began to regret my decision to cut out early.

Then I came upon the North Shore.

I was astounded by the view I got as I approached the venue. I have seen the bright lights many times; Pittsburgh is visually at its best at night. It was the missing element that caught my eye.

I could not see even one gold dot, not one empty seat even at the highest level of the bleachers. I dismissed any second thoughts about leaving the televised game. What a sight.

I drove so slowly I might have caused an accident if there had been anyone else on the road. Even before I rolled down the window, my curiosity was sated. I could feel it.

As I let the cold, crisp night air flood my car, it brought with it the bellow of fervent cries, the voice of the Steeler Nation. It resonated through me like the roar of a lion, like a great prowling animal who is keenly aware of its formidable strength.

The crowd melded together and became one body, a warrior who knows victory is a certainty. That warrior would not be deterred, not by cold or time or rulings or circumstance.

Everything else was so still in comparison. How could a game, a game involving a little wobbly ball and a fingertip towel, how could such a game ever rally the hearts and spirits of such a diverse crowd? How could such a game fuse them, give them singular focus in the midst of trouble, and draw them together as a nation?

Controlled mayhem, indeed. I don't know how it happens. I just wish there were more of it.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Hiya 412Steel City and welcome to the #1 Steelers fan site anywhere! We're glad to have you as a member of our black 'n gold family!

GO STEELERS!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:31 AM   #4
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Welcome & enjoy.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:15 AM   #5
Moonlite37
Starter

Member Number: 6236

All hail to you Steeler Fan!

http://www.moonlite37.com
Moonlite37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,656 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Welcome to the board.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #7
412SteelCity
Water Boy

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
chucoblack&gold
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9467

Welcome to the forum, great crowd in here
Old 02-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Welcome!

I grew up near Houston....heart of the old Oilers Country. I can only imagine how awesome it must be to live close to where your NFL hearts lives. ...Wow!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote