Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #21
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750
Default Re: TX HS girls basketball team seeks to forfeit 100-0 win

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
how about if it was the Cheatriots*?
If you could do it, then sure. I want every team the Patriots play to try to beat the Pats down 100-0. So every time we don't get beat 100-0, we know its because we stopped the other team, not because the other team stopped themselves.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTalons View Post
I dont see whats disrespectful about this. They only lost 100-0. Its not like its... 200-0.
100 is a fairly common score in a basketball game. And they got most of of 3's?

The Steelers have beaten people 30 plus to nothing before. I think if Im not mistaken back in the 70s we beat the Colts in the playoffs 45 to 0. Such horrible sportsmanship they could have shown mercy!

I dont blame the crowd for cheering louder as they got toward 100. Its in bad sportsmanship... Bad sportsmanship to me is being a sore loser after you get your can kicked and this sounds like a LOT of sore losers.

Maybe someone should have let the Lions win a game... Everyone is such monsters for letting them go winless...
May I suggest you go back and read the article again, because there are a number of things you are saying which makes no sense to the original article.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #23
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
So Basically they want to punish the team for playing hard all game long??? Wow.
They beat a team of special needs students....Im sure they could have eased up a bit once they were up 50 - 0 or put in the backups that never get a chance to play (maybe they did)

Really its the coaches fault for not scheduling games where their team would have a chance to win....

On the other hand..... The girls that got beat???? Is it better to lose every game and play.... or not play at all..............at least there getting the chance to go out and have fun..