Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #11
82CardsGrad
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Blah blah blahhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I know those names and as said above, the only stellar player on the Cards D, imho, is Adrian Wilson. The guy gives 150% every game and is a damned good safety. Not Polamalu or Reed good, but he's a playmaker no doubt about it.



They don't scare me - hell, I love their 26.6 ppg. average and I'm sure Ben & Co. will too.
Wilson is more like a Dawkins or Reed type player than Troy... He's huge: 6;3" 235 pounds... Plays much more like a linebacker than a safety... He will definitely introduce himself to Ben at some point in the game!

Dockett is also a pro bowler. We put the Franchise Tag on Dansby this year and many believe he should have been a Pro Bowler last season and this year!
DRC is a rookie and became a starter halfway thru the season. Still, he grabbed 4 picks in the playoff and has 2 more in the post season and is crazy fast (4.3 forty)!
Rolle is a classic playmaker and has one of those great noses for the football... Cover skills suck, but he always has the potential to make a game-changing play!

And again... don't be afraid of these guys... they wouldn't want it any other way!!

82CardsGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #12
stillers4me
Living Legend
 
stillers4me's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,670
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: All this talk about the Cardinal's "D"...

Those little Cards fans........they're so cute.
__________________
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #13
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,286
Member Number: 11528
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: All this talk about the Cardinal's "D"...

I figured I'd give 'em something to talk about
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
82CardsGrad
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: All this talk about the Cardinal's "D"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Those little Cards fans........they're so cute.
"little" and "cute"?? Thank God for the internet!!!

82CardsGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #15
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,902
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 809
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,422 Posts
Default Re: Blah blah blahhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CardsGrad View Post
Wilson is more like a Dawkins or Reed type player than Troy... He's huge: 6;3" 235 pounds... Plays much more like a linebacker than a safety... He will definitely introduce himself to Ben at some point in the game!

Dockett is also a pro bowler. We put the Franchise Tag on Dansby this year and many believe he should have been a Pro Bowler last season and this year!
DRC is a rookie and became a starter halfway thru the season. Still, he grabbed 4 picks in the playoff and has 2 more in the post season and is crazy fast (4.3 forty)!
Rolle is a classic playmaker and has one of those great noses for the football... Cover skills suck, but he always has the potential to make a game-changing play!

And again... don't be afraid of these guys... they wouldn't want it any other way!!

ummmmm.......do you know who reed is? reed does not play like a linebacker, infact he 's usually know where near the line....troy on the other hand....Could be a linebacker...
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
82CardsGrad
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 186
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Blah blah blahhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
ummmmm.......do you know who reed is? reed does not play like a linebacker, infact he 's usually know where near the line....troy on the other hand....Could be a linebacker...

Obviously we don't get the chance to watch the Ravens all that much out here in AZ... THANK GOD! But it just seems that whenever I see video of Reed, he's either making a pick or making a sack... Just like Wilson!
82CardsGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 13,902
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 809
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,422 Posts
Default Re: Blah blah blahhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CardsGrad View Post
Obviously we don't get the chance to watch the Ravens all that much out here in AZ... THANK GOD! But it just seems that whenever I see video of Reed, he's either making a pick or making a sack... Just like Wilson!
reed is just a ball hawk.....he doesn't do run support, he may occassionally get a sack on a safety blitz....the only time you'll ever see him involved in a hard hit, is when he's on the recieving end of a hines ward K.O. block. those 10 ...12 plays you see on the highlights , is the only thing reed does all season.
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,170
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,491
Thanked 6,246 Times in 2,690 Posts
Default Re: Blah blah blahhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CardsGrad View Post
You will come to know these names:

Darnell Dockett
Antonio Smith
Karlos Dansby
Antrel Rolle
Dominique Roger-Cromartie (DRC)

And these names you might not hear all too much, but they will play a key role:

Bertrand Berry
Chike Okeafor
Calais Campbell
Gabe Watson
Rod Hood
Gerald Hayes (from....... Univ. of Pitt)

No, our defense might not scare anyone... but that's ok!

holy shit!

that group sounds almost as fearsome as the baltimore ravens....


...who we just defeated for the 3rd time.

the cardinal defender who has the greatest edge is darnell dockett. he may even get a sack or 2 on ben (t. suggs at 45% healthy did).

doesnt matter though. the steelers offense draws up a few sack plays every game just to keep the defense off guard.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #19
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,286
Member Number: 11528
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: All this talk about the Cardinal's "D"...

It wouldn't be a Steelers game if our offense didn't take a few sacks. It just means that Ben's doing his usual thing and trying to make plays happen.
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #20
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 13,925
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,495
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts
Default Re: Blah blah blahhh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
holy shit!

that group sounds almost as fearsome as the baltimore ravens....


...who we just defeated for the 3rd time.

the cardinal defender who has the greatest edge is darnell dockett. he may even get a sack or 2 on ben (t. suggs at 45% healthy did).

doesnt matter though. the steelers offense draws up a few sack plays every game just to keep the defense off guard.
I'm sure they'll throw in a couple holding plays for Colon too.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts