Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562
Default Flacco bashing

It's all nonsense. Go back and look at Flacco's stats over the year and compare them to his numbers against your team. Flacco didn't play great but last weekend was a CLASSIC DEFENSIVE PERFORMANCE by your squad. And it was consistent with how Flacco performed against your defense - and ONLY your defense - all year.

my 2 cents. The kid will get better and you won't see that again, but make no mistake - that wasn't just some chump rookie quarterback laying an egg - that was a defensive tour de force. Seen a few of those watching my Ravens play and I know it when I see it.

Good luck in the Super Bowl, meaning, of course, I hope no one gets hurt and you don't lose too bad
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Re: Flacco bashing

It's over dude. We have moved on from Flacco and the Ravens. Some of us believe that Flacco will be good down the line, but we will see.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

I have never bashed Flacco. I think he is a very good qb, with the potential to be a great one. Most qbs don't fair very well against our D. For a rookie, he took his team very far this year. The Steelers will have their hands full defending him in years to come...when he becomes even better than he is now.....working on and developing his skills even further. As far as I can see, your team finally has what had been the missing piece in place.......a quality QB.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
steelersfanman92
Starter

Member Number: 3372

Flacco showed that he can be a GOOD quaterback in the future but he has not shown that he can be a GREAT one. He is a rookie though but great quaterbacks can overcome a strong D. His biggest downfall is going to be his lack of mobility, but he does throw a pretty deep ball.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

Unibrow (flacco) might indeed become a good QB in this league but there are 3 things you should know.

1. It's too little too late. The buttamore D has officialy run its course. Stabby Stabberson (ray lewis) is old and maybe following ryan to NY. Take a look at the bungholes cause that is your future decent QB and a shyte team surrounding him.

2. The Steelers own this division and will continue to do so.

3. As he gets older the unibrow will grow to cover his whole face and be given its own social security number!

Old 01-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715

Well if you lose to the Premier Team in your Division 3 times in a season and, the 3rd time being for a trip to the super bowl. You can have a 8,000 yd season and 70 td passes. But you really didnt do SHIT. You didnt do the job that you were hired to do which is win championships. Does anyone talk about how many records brady and moss broke last year. NO they remember them choking in the super bowl.
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
It's over dude. We have moved on from Flacco and the Ravens.
What he said. And I personally gave Flacco nothing but props after the game.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
SC Steeler Steve
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 12276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Of The GODS View Post
Unibrow (flacco) might indeed become a good QB in this league but there are 3 things you should know.

1. It's too little too late. The buttamore D has officialy run its course. Stabby Stabberson (ray lewis) is old and maybe following ryan to NY. Take a look at the bungholes cause that is your future decent QB and a shyte team surrounding him.

2. The Steelers own this division and will continue to do so.

3. As he gets older the unibrow will grow to cover his whole face and be given its own social security number!

Good stuff...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelCurtain View Post
Well if you lose to the Premier Team in your Division 3 times in a season and, the 3rd time being for a trip to the super bowl. You can have a 8,000 yd season and 70 td passes. But you really didnt do SHIT. You didnt do the job that you were hired to do which is win championships. Does anyone talk about how many records brady and moss broke last year. NO they remember them choking in the super bowl.
The classic choke job. I dont remember anything that happened last year except the choke job.......
Old 01-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelCurtain View Post
So I take it you weren't to impressed by Ben in his rookie season either?? I guess according to you he 'didn't do SHIT' that year? I mean, after all, he took his team to the AFC Championship game and LOST to the Pats. You're saying Flacco didn't do anything of worth because his team didn't reach the Super Bowl. I just don't agree with that line of thinking. The guy is a rookie...give him a few more years and see what happens.

So Flacco didn't do to well against the Steelers this year....what qb did??? He still deserves a lot of credit for bringing his team as far as he did.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Does Flacco play for the Cards??? Cause last time I checked we beat the Ravens and had the Cards in the Super Bowl. The kid will be a good qb but face it what no other team did all season long was make him play like the rookie he was and we did it to him 3 times.