Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 01-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #11
CPanther95
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 11672
Default Re: Flacco bashing

Flacco probably has a bright NFL future ahead of him. The problem the Ravens have is can they build a half decent offense around him before their defense gets to the rebuilding phase.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #12
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Of The GODS View Post
Unibrow (flacco) might indeed become a good QB in this league but there are 3 things you should know.

1. It's too little too late. The buttamore D has officialy run its course. Stabby Stabberson (ray lewis) is old and maybe following ryan to NY. Take a look at the bungholes cause that is your future decent QB and a shyte team surrounding him.

2. The Steelers own this division and will continue to do so.

3. As he gets older the unibrow will grow to cover his whole face and be given its own social security number!

Great post Hammer, LOL!

But seriously 8-3-losses, your team greatly exceeded the "experts" predictions and you have a lot to look forward too. You have a great "D" and perhaps a franchise QB to build your offense around. There is no way I would have enjoyed this season as much if a division rival (the raisins) wasn't breathing down our necks. Strong competitors is what makes sports exciting and you guys definitely "brought it" this year. Congrats on a great season and best of luck next year.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #13
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
Flacco probably has a bright NFL future ahead of him. The problem the Ravens have is can they build a half decent offense around him before their defense gets to the rebuilding phase.
Good point. He needs some weapons on offense to work with.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #14
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitygal87 View Post
So I take it you weren't to impressed by Ben in his rookie season either?? I guess according to you he 'didn't do SHIT' that year? I mean, after all, he took his team to the AFC Championship game and LOST to the Pats. You're saying Flacco didn't do anything of worth because his team didn't reach the Super Bowl. I just don't agree with that line of thinking. The guy is a rookie...give him a few more years and see what happens.

So Flacco didn't do to well against the Steelers this year....what qb did??? He still deserves a lot of credit for bringing his team as far as he did.

Read my post. What im saying is dont come here and talk stats against other teams when you lost to the team you need to beat 3 times in a season. Not to mention lost your division. And only made the playoffs with some help from other teams.

Did i ever say Flacoo was unimpressive or a bad QB. NO. Your mind insinuated that.
Ben won his division and did not lose a game that year. I also didnt go over to the patriots board talking about oh leave ben alone and dont talk about him. We didnt reach our ultimate goal in the 04 season. So i moved on to 05.
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #15
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelCurtain View Post
Read my post. What im saying is dont come here and talk stats against other teams when you lost to the team you need to beat 3 times in a season. Not to mention lost your division. And only made the playoffs with some help from other teams.

Did i ever say Flacoo was unimpressive or a bad QB. NO. Your mind insinuated that.
Ben won his division and did not lose a game that year. I also didnt go over to the patriots board talking about oh leave ben alone and dont talk about him. We didnt reach our ultimate goal in the 04 season. So i moved on to 05.
I apologize. I thought you were implying, in your post, that you weren't that impressed with Flacco and the job he did this year. I am sorry for misunderstanding what you were saying.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #16
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715

Its cool. No biggy. Sometime its hard to insinuate what one means by typing and not seeing facial expression or inflection in voice.

GO STEELERS!
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #17
tyler289
Team Captain

Member Number: 9049

The Flacco hype was a little unfounded. He had a great rookie year but a lot of that was because of the defense. He didn't play well in either playoff game. We just made him look like a rookie, even though many thought he wouldn't get rattled by our defense.

Flacco had a great rookie year and a bright future.
tyler289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #18
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
It's over dude. We have moved on from Flacco and the Ravens. Some of us believe that Flacco will be good down the line, but we will see.

Exactly. We'll see if Flacco has his sophmore jinx now.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #19
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelCurtain View Post
What im saying is dont come here and talk stats against other teams when you lost to the team you need to beat 3 times in a season..

Dude my post was incredibly complimentary towards your team. How small does your wee-wee have to be for you to get that bent out of shape at my first post??? Go read it again. I had nothing but props for the Steelers and in fact my point was simply that the Steelers were the only team good enough to make the guy look downright bad.

For those of you with some class (and reasonably-sized wee-wees so that you don't get offended to easily) thanks for the input and good luck. For those unfortunate few who are incapable of having a reasonable discussion without throwing out unnecessary barbs so you can feel better about yourselves, give this a shot and perhaps we'll have a collegial chat in the future, once you feel better about things:

http://www.euroextender.com/
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #20
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,728 Times in 3,668 Posts

why are you sizing up our dicks and who the hell is bashing flacco?

i didnt like when people called bens rookie season a fluke (we now know he just doesnt get beat) so i am sure as hell gonna give flacco the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

enjoy the superbowl.