Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #11
ben2hines=6
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2277
Default Re: Hines Ward - Hall of Fame?

if we win next sunday he's in...ur talking about statistically the best ever in a steelers uniform, the very likeable charismatic player who demands respect throughout the league....not to mention the best blocking reciever in nfl history
ben2hines=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #12
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh_Fever View Post
Michael Irvin
---
Receptions 750
Receiving yards 11,904
Touchdowns 65

Michael Irvin's numbers, just to augment my point above. Irvin had four rings, but Ward has 1 and if things go well Sunday, 2. Irvin also had all the legal troubles. It'd be particularly annoying if Ward got passed over while the league annointed Irvin (not that Irvin doesn't belong there).
Unfortunately, Irvin has 3 rings and a lot of coke up his nose! But we have talked about this at where I work and unbelievably it was unanimous, Hines is IN!! I am the only Steeler fan in this discussion at work! The others are Ravens, Cowboys, Redskins, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals and Chargers fans......
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #13
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,419 Posts

[QUOTE=Blitzburgh_Fever;542318]I dunno, I think we're starting to see Ward finally ge the recognition he deserves. People aren't just saying he hits hard -- they're saying he has instilled that into the Pittsburgh Steelers. You can't watch Steelers receiver block without Ward's name being mentioned in some way. I think stuff like that has a lot to do with getting into the HoF. The game is all flash now, so who really knows though.

His 800 receptions, nearly 10k yards receiving, and 72 TDs are just icing [/QUOTE

as of now....hines is ranked 34th in carrear yardage, with 7 currently active receivers in front of him.
he's 19 th in receptions with 6 active players in front of him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._yards_leaders

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:29 AM   #14
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Hines Ward will approach or surpass the 1000 career reception mark. Hines Ward will approach and maybe surpass the 100 career TD mark. Hines Ward will have 12-13 seasons with 50 or more catches. He's is already famous for his devastatingly effective blocking. That's important because it ensures that, unlike many great blockers of the past/present(not just WR's), Ward won't be overlooked in that regard. He'll go down as a great WR who changed the way the WR position is played with his devastating blocks, much like Swann changed things with his acrobatic style. Go check out the kids at the local high school games in the Pittsburgh area. It's safe to say that he's rubbing off onto some of them He'll be in the HOF one day.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:00 AM   #15
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

To move into the FOR CERTAIN category add one more ring , one more MVP , or just 2more Super Bowl victories , play three more years increasing the stats and do something DRAMATIC like limping around on a bad leg while catching 2 or 3 touch down passes on Sunday. LOL .

In my mind the guy gets just one more Super Bowl victory and plays 3 more good years he should be a first ballot selection.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 AM   #16
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Michael Irvin got in because of his three rings and decent stats. In those three rings, he didn't get an MVP.

Ward has better stats, one ring (two on Sunday), one of those rings garnered a SB MVP, no legal trouble, and he blocks and hits like a linebacker.

It may not be first ballot, but I definatly think he gets in...within his first five years on the ballot.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:14 AM   #17
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,079 Times in 1,303 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I would have to say Ward will make it with his play and the numbers he is getting as someone stated above it may not be the first time around but I think he will get in.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #18
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Ward will make the HOF as sure as the sun rises everyday.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:19 AM   #19
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Ward makes it not because he is a spectacular receiver who puts up big numbers, but for the fact he is a all round receiver, and most of all a football player. Swan and Stallworth probably have more big & exciting plays but can you remember eithor of those HOF'ers putting a big hit on someone. Ward makes the HOF because he is a
"football player" who plays receiver. JMO.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:40 AM   #20
86WARD
Starter

Member Number: 8340

I'm a huge Ward fan...obviously and I'd love to say he's a first ballot Hall of Famer...however, I don't think he is. I think he's deserving, but not sure he'd get in. I do however believe that if he gets another Ring, he'd have a great shot at getting in and if he were to score SBXLIII MVP, he'd be a lock...

But as of right now, he needs another ring to be a sure thing. He's got better numbers than Swann and Stallworth...obviously...so take it for what it's worth.