Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070
Default Re: Razing Arizona The Cardinals' presence in the Super Bowl is fluky and disgraceful

Did Cardinals shit in the water when they had their tea party?

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #12
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715
Default Re: Razing Arizona The Cardinals' presence in the Super Bowl is fluky and disgraceful

They should be glad they beat the cardinals that bad. It got them one step closer to not making the playoffs.

I guess next season is their 50th. They have already arranged a kickoff celebration with keynote speakers. J Edgar Hoover, James Bond, Oliver North, Richard Nixon and MI5. Its scheduled for 0700 hours at the Watergate hotel.
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Because it's a crime to the NFL, and, for that matter, the entire sports world for the Arizona Cardinals to be playing in the Super Bowl when everybody who's anybody knows it is the natural birthright of the Pats*, who are the bestest, most wonderfulest, classisest, brassiest, brainiest, and ballsiest football team in the history of not only this universe, but all existing parallel universes as well, to be playing in it instead.
Please...

If trash like this bores you so much then why keep pulling it up? Because I'm, for one, certainly not reading it.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

Whinning Patriot fans... Pathetic.

I wonder what people outside of Pittsburgh really said about the Steelers back in the early 70's? I wasn't alive for that. Supposedly we didn't get any title shots since around the time the Cardinals last had a title shot. Seeing all those early 70's games again on the NFL network (and online) makes me wish I could have witnessed the rise of the Steelers and the Steeler Nation!

But I am not saying the Cardinals are on a similar rise, Good for them getting so far. Will be a good game.

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Please...

If trash like this bores you so much then why keep pulling it up? Because I'm, for one, certainly not reading it.
I didn't post it, jackass. And if you're not reading it, why are you here commenting?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #16
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

* fans are mad because the cards where 9-7 and made the playoffs and the * where 11-5 and didnt.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #17
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Because it's a crime to the NFL, and, for that matter, the entire sports world for the Arizona Cardinals to be playing in the Super Bowl when everybody who's anybody knows it is the natural birthright of the Pats*, who are the bestest, most wonderfulest, classisest, brassiest, brainiest, and ballsiest football team in the history of not only this universe, but all existing parallel universes as well, to be playing in it instead.
That blowout win in Foxboro in the face of all the Masshole fans makes the whining all the more sweeter to hear, though. F them.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #18
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
I didn't post it, jackass. And if you're not reading it, why are you here commenting?
The meagerly worded title alone says that this is just another poor excuse for a muckraker, attempting to start something. You guys don't have any Cards fans hanging around so you're searching the internet for crappy articles, so that you can then post how crappy you think the article is and how you have thus wasted your time reading it. I'm just here to fill that void.

But how are you?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #19
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
But how are you?
Pretty good, how are you?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #20
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

I had to read the article twice because I must have skimmed over the last paragraph the first time I read it. All I saw was a bunch of "Pats suck" comments and couldn't figure out where they came from. Then I went back and saw those five magic words, "writer for the Boston Globe."

It's kind of funny, because without that one line we'd all be here applauding the article for its insight and truth. Instead, since the author is from Boston, it's a 180 turn and open season on everything north and east of Manhattan. If he only used the Jets game as an example and was a writer for a New York paper, would we be skewering him for being a bitter Jets fan?

Jeez people, does anybody realize who we're playing on Sunday? Certainly hope the players are a lot more focused on the task at hand than some of the members of this board are.