Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:49 AM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: Razing Arizona The Cardinals' presence in the Super Bowl is fluky and disgraceful

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughC View Post
I had to read the article twice because I must have skimmed over the last paragraph the first time I read it. All I saw was a bunch of "Pats suck" comments and couldn't figure out where they came from. Then I went back and saw those five magic words, "writer for the Boston Globe."

It's kind of funny, because without that one line we'd all be here applauding the article for its insight and truth. Instead, since the author is from Boston, it's a 180 turn and open season on everything north and east of Manhattan. If he only used the Jets game as an example and was a writer for a New York paper, would we be skewering him for being a bitter Jets fan?

Jeez people, does anybody realize who we're playing on Sunday? Certainly hope the players are a lot more focused on the task at hand than some of the members of this board are.
actually, i thought it was a piece of shit article from the get go. i woulda thought just the same if it were from a pgh, seattle, giants, philly, or arizona writer.

it might as well say the 07 giants or 05 steelers were flukes. in fact it practically said that any team (other than the patriots) that wins the sb is a fluke. we all know theyre still bitter about losing to peyton manning.

the patriots are the "white trash" of the nfl. they are the trailor park dweller who wins $10 mil in the lottery and when they piss it away in 4 years, expect uncle sam to give them a $10,000/month welfare check. of course they are pissed and feel cheated when they dont get it.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #22
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715
Default Re: Razing Arizona The Cardinals' presence in the Super Bowl is fluky and disgraceful

Cardinals and Pats suck. Is that better.
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:05 AM   #23
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
actually, i thought it was a piece of shit article from the get go. i woulda thought just the same if it were from a pgh, seattle, giants, philly, or arizona writer.

it might as well say the 07 giants or 05 steelers were flukes. in fact it practically said that any team (other than the patriots) that wins the sb is a fluke.
I agree with you that the concept of the article - same as which many others in the national media have latched on to, that Arizona at 9-7 is undeserving - is a sham and invalid. They had the division wrapped up earlier than any other team and coasted to the finish, making the regular season record meaningless.

I just didn't read in to it that the writer was saying New England deserved to be there instead, or anything like that though. He pointed out two games (NE, NYJ) that Arizona got crushed in. Dumb argument because every team has a couple of clunkers every year, and as I stated above, the game against the Patriots meant nothing to the Cardinals.

But I don't follow your interpetation that he's saying that "any team (other than the Patriots) that wins the sb is a fluke." He's just saying there were better teams in the NFC this year in my opinion, that's all.

Quote:
we all know theyre still bitter about losing to peyton manning.
Not that any of us here are bitter about losing to another team or QB . . .
Quote:
the patriots are the "white trash" of the nfl. they are the trailor park dweller who wins $10 mil in the lottery and when they piss it away in 4 years, expect uncle sam to give them a $10,000/month welfare check. of course they are pissed and feel cheated when they dont get it.
We're all entitled to our opinions, but who knows; maybe I'm wrong. Just trying to be objective.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:09 AM   #24
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Pretty good, how are you?
I'm great! How are the Pats forums? I hope we're being respectful and admirable in defeat, or are we too busy complaining about how our bestest, most wonderfulest, classisest, brassiest, football team should be in the super bowl?

Or both?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:40 AM   #25
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:

it might as well say the 07 giants or 05 steelers were flukes. in fact it practically said that any team (other than the patriots) that wins the sb is a fluke. we all know theyre still bitter about losing to peyton manning.

Why are you insulting white trash for by comparing them to the the Cheatriots and scum fans?
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #26
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,426 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Careful, you might make the Pats* fan cry.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #27
DACEB
Banned

Member Number: 2911

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughC View Post
I had to read the article twice because I must have skimmed over the last paragraph the first time I read it. All I saw was a bunch of "Pats suck" comments and couldn't figure out where they came from. Then I went back and saw those five magic words, "writer for the Boston Globe."

It's kind of funny, because without that one line we'd all be here applauding the article for its insight and truth. Instead, since the author is from Boston, it's a 180 turn and open season on everything north and east of Manhattan. If he only used the Jets game as an example and was a writer for a New York paper, would we be skewering him for being a bitter Jets fan?

Jeez people, does anybody realize who we're playing on Sunday? Certainly hope the players are a lot more focused on the task at hand than some of the members of this board are.
I must ask HughC, what did you find insightful and truthful about the article?
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #28
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Careful, you might make the Pats* fan cry.
The jerk already did.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #29
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Why are you insulting white trash for by comparing them to the the Cheatriots and scum fans?
youre right. that was mean. i take it back.

they are the north korean govt. who spends billions on a nuke program to threaten us and then expect millions of dollars in food aid for their hungry people...

or something like that.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #30
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528

So, what kind of pointless and useless article will come out of the Boston media next?
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote