Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-28-2009, 03:46 AM   #31
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642
Default Re: The pathetic jealousy of the SeaScum fans knows no bounds.

yeah,i understand all that about the letter.....,my whole point is that you could be made to buy this.....dont take it so obviously lightly as you guys are.....buying anything on ebay is a legal contract to buy the item.......authentic or not,you still could have to honor your bid.......im just trying to look out for a steelers fan.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phade View Post
thanks for the heads up.. dunno if i can actually retract my bid.. but i'm highly doubting rooney would waste his time writing this one fan out of the 10's of thousands of seacawk fans who wrote letters to the nfl..

not to mention the way that the letter is written you can tell its from a younger generation.. the way he's comically acting condescending reeks of a 20-30 year old..

not gonna let him take advantage of people especially with the current economy.. people are pathetic..

go steelers
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:52 AM   #32
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

great advice...way to be looking our for other steelers fans.....what you people must not know,and i have tried to point out to this person who bid on it or any other steeler fans that might bid on it,as a joke....thats its not a joke to ebay and the law,as all ebay transactions are legal contracts to buy the item you bid on and win.....so when and if the person wins this,are you going to pay the person court costs or part of the final price that he or she wins the letter for....i understand you guys are trying to be funny but i would hate to have something i cheered on a steelers fan to do to get that fan in trouble like this could......
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Without even seeing the "letter," I am 100% convinced it's a fraud. However, I think it would serve one of the whiny assclowns right if they got ripped off by one of their own. Keep driving up the bidding!
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:12 AM   #33
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,317 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
great advice...way to be looking our for other steelers fans.....what you people must not know,and i have tried to point out to this person who bid on it or any other steeler fans that might bid on it,as a joke....thats its not a joke to ebay and the law,as all ebay transactions are legal contracts to buy the item you bid on and win.....so when and if the person wins this,are you going to pay the person court costs or part of the final price that he or she wins the letter for....i understand you guys are trying to be funny but i would hate to have something i cheered on a steelers fan to do to get that fan in trouble like this could......
1. He already bid on it of his own accord.

2. As far as getting hauled into court over it is concerned, I call

Quote:
Unpaid Item Policy

Buyers automatically enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller if they win the online auction or use the Buy It Now feature. eBay's Unpaid Item policy requires buyers to pay the seller for the items that they commit to purchase.

Sellers can file an Unpaid Item dispute with eBay for each of their items that are purchased but not paid for. eBay will issue a strike on the account of the buyer who does not honor their obligation to pay (unless the buyer and seller mutually agree not to complete the transaction).

Note: If a buyer gets too many strikes in too short a time period, their account will be suspended indefinitely. In some cases, limits may be placed on the buyer’s account in advance of suspension.

Why does eBay have this policy?

When a buyer does not pay for an item the buyer has won or purchased, it costs the seller time and money. eBay’s Unpaid Item policy is necessary to enforce the contractual obligations entered into between buyer and seller by placing a bid or using Buy It Now and helps to facilitate successful trading on the site.
Unpaid Item Policy

Is what Phade doing ethical? Not really, but neither is selling an obviously fake letter on eBay and trying to pass it off as authentic. On top of that, this seller (seahawksrooneyletter2006) opened this particular eBay account on January 23 (5 days ago) to sell this one item, or more accurately, to once again call undue attention to the Squawks' loss in SB XL and be a complete ass about it. They deserve to get burned, quite frankly.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #34
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
PHADE-I HOPE YOU REALLY DIDNT DO THIS...I KNOW YOU GUYS MIGHT THINK ITS A JOKE TO SELL THIS, BUT BIDDING ON ANYTHING ON EBAY IS NO JOKE AS BIDDING ON ANYTHING ON THERE IS ENTERING INTO A LEGAL CONTRACT TO BUY THE ITEM... ......AND THE SELLER COULD TAKE YOU TO COURT AND MAKE YOU PAY AND HONOR YOUR BID ON IT, IVE HEARD ABOUT IT HAPPENING AND THE SELLERS HAVE ALWAYS WON..........IF I WAS YOU,I WOULD'NT CHANCE IT AND RETRACT YOUR BID NOW...IM JUST LOOKING OUT FOR A FELLOW STEELERS FAN......

Sorry, but Ebay itself is a joke.
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #35
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

matt hasselcry was on sirius talking about steelers homefield advantage in sb xl. hes still bitter.

"their fans are great and bleed black and whatever color they are. im not a fan".

Old 01-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #36
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
matt hasselcry was on sirius talking about steelers homefield advantage in sb xl. hes still bitter.

"their fans are great and bleed black and whatever color they are. im not a fan".

Hasselcry is a still a QB in the league?? Hadn't noticed....
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #37
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,061 Times in 448 Posts

Two missed field goals by Josh Brown
4 dropped passes by Jerramy Stevens

That is all.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #38
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Didn't the seattle team move to Oklahoma? Oh wait...

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #39
Steelersfan4life0655
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2163

yeah, i just saw hasselbeck on the NFL Network, you could tell that anything steelers, he had to choke out of his idiot mouth. and plus he seemed pretty confident that the Cardinals will win super bowl. this guy just cant give credit where its due for steelers being the better team in XL.
Steelersfan4life0655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #40
Pitt$burgh$teeler$
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12430

I Saw That 2 And He Had THE Nerve 2 Say DRC Was The Best Corner Playin Sunday! Warren Said Ike Taylor Tho!