Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #31
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715
Default Re: Obama chooses to skip Salute to heroes Ball

He did not go to a dance with MOH winners on election night. Simply That. He was at the Commander and Chief ball that is strictly a millitary only ball.

Thats like saying i didnt give the african american homeless man a dollar. So I hate poor people and blacks.
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #32
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelCurtain View Post
He did not go to a dance with MOH winners on election night. Simply That. He was at the Commander and Chief ball that is strictly a millitary only ball.

Thats like saying i didnt give the african american homeless man a dollar. So I hate poor people and blacks.
Calling the Salute to Heroes Inaugural Ball simply a dance go's way past ludicrous. The people that he is Commander and Chief of had a right to expect THEIR president to be there and he broke with protocol by not being there.

Maybe he had a headache or was just tired, but if he did not want the responsibilities that went with the job he shouldn't have ran for president.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #33
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

A ball is a dance. It had great american heroes that have done more for this country than I will probably ever do and he should have gone. it was a bad move he didnt go. If you read what i said earlier you would already know that.
But dont make one choice into a whole reason why he hates the armed forces that my friend is way way past ludicrous.
Maybee you should go back to the thread and look at pictures of him at the Commander and Chief Ball. A ball that is only for millitary, free admission and had the rest of the Medal of Honor Winners, Purple Heart Winner and many other American Heroes.

Maybee there was a bigger reason he didnt go you dont know and i dont know. All you can do is speculate.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 PM   #34
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

A ball is an event, not just a dance, and in political circles is used for many different and important reasons. This one could have gone all ways in making a statment to the military, and in fact may have. I did not say he hates the military, I just said he is off to a piss poor start, and IMO he is. Can he make a recovery, in my eye anyway, yes he can and I hope he does.

If you truly think of me as a friend, I thank you. If that was a backhanded insult, I prefer you use another word.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #35
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
A ball is an event, not just a dance, and in political circles is used for many different and important reasons. This one could have gone all ways in making a statment to the military, and in fact may have. I did not say he hates the military, I just said he is off to a piss poor start, and IMO he is. Can he make a recovery, in my eye anyway, yes he can and I hope he does.

If you truly think of me as a friend, I thank you. If that was a backhanded insult, I prefer you use another word.
I would never insult a fellow steeler fan and American. Were all friends here. That's what is beautiful about this country we can all agree to disagree. I think it was a bad way to start things off also and I wasnt saying you think that. I just think this article got blown a little out of proportion. I have been reading on it elsewhere and people have some nasty things to say.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #36
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelCurtain View Post
I would never insult a fellow steeler fan and American. Were all friends here. That's what is beautiful about this country we can all agree to disagree. I think it was a bad way to start things off also and I wasnt saying you think that. I just think this article got blown a little out of proportion. I have been reading on it elsewhere and people have some nasty things to say.
We agree on the most important things. Believe me when I say I hope he becomes the greatest president we have ever had. See you on the gameday thread, My Friend.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #37
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,687 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
The myopic hateful Bush bashing was supposed to not have consequences? If this was Bush, this snub would be front page news, CNN and MSNBC would be running it as a top story, and the left (many posters here included) would be like sharks in a pool of chum.

But this is Obama, so he gets a pass...
if you made this post on a michael moore mb, or on a keith olberman fansite i might agree, but where is this multitude of myopic bush haters here that you see?

what exactly are the consequences when your rants pretty much fall upon deaf ears?

bush is culpable for his deeds and definitely not beyond reproach. sure, after 8 years he would face some media scrutiny. but comparing obama missing a ball at the beginning of his service to bush doing the same at the end of his is apples to oranges.

bush was generally liked at the beginning of his term and given some slack. hell, j. kerry and a. gore were just as hated in losing as he was in winning. how come you dont see the lefties bashing mccain in the way the right bashed those 2 (and still continue to do so).?

anyways, i think this huge constingency of steelerfever bush haters is just a figment of your imagination, unless you count jeremy and atl dan as "many". guess what? theyre gone.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #38
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest

i cant imagine why Obama would skip out on such a ball of importance.
I can't figure it out either Tony, Obama has always come across to me as some who loves balls.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #39
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Not to mention, go to any search engine and type in obama and ball and you get 50 web pages running this story. Any they have some incredibly nasty completely unamerican and borderline treason things to say about it. The internet is a huge media outlet. Not to mention i already heard Sean Hanady and Anderson Cooper talk about it.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #40
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

I think we can all agree and especially our Republican Members that Obama is better at Image and Public Perception than anyone. i So for him to miss the ball he would have had to known what would be said and perceived. iI really do believe there was a outside reason. Maybee Not? Just my opinion.