Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #51
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: Obama chooses to skip Salute to heroes Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
They also have no self control when it comes to your money and mine. I'll use NASA for an example.. I think overall the program is a good one. One day it could end up being what saves our species. BUT they should do it with a little self control. The tool bag that got lost in space had a scraper, a small bag (for the scrapings), and two grease guns. $100,000 of OUR money. I understand if there was a small robot in the bag or something, but not for a bag and grease guns.

Bottom line is the salesmen that sell those grease guns all throw money at the man in charge of spending. The company that throws the most wins the order despite the price of $45,000 a grease gun. He doesn't care, it's not his money. All he knows is that he just got a new fishing boat.
Ever read what they charge you for gloves, syringes, gauze, etc. for a surgery? It is just as bad.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #52
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
They also have no self control when it comes to your money and mine. I'll use NASA for an example.. I think overall the program is a good one. One day it could end up being what saves our species. BUT they should do it with a little self control. The tool bag that got lost in space had a scraper, a small bag (for the scrapings), and two grease guns. $100,000 of OUR money. I understand if there was a small robot in the bag or something, but not for a bag and grease guns.

Bottom line is the salesmen that sell those grease guns all throw money at the man in charge of spending. The company that throws the most wins the order despite the price of $45,000 a grease gun. He doesn't care, it's not his money. All he knows is that he just got a new fishing boat.
perfect example of the private sector ass raping the govt.

how bout haliburton charging the govt something like 50 cent (exageration) per single serving package of mess hall ketchup when the war in iraq started? of course haliburton got many sweet contracts thanks to the cheney connection.

the difference is, we can vote cheney out of the govt, but we cant vote haliburton out of the economy. (i have no problem admitting greased palms reside on both sides).
Old 01-28-2009, 05:58 AM   #53
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
hahahah...I just love all the whining now.

Bush got a free pass for a long time until people figured out that he is a clueless moron.

Selected not elected???????????????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmm, seems like I heard that alot in 2000!

Wise up, there were many many people that tried to undercut Bush from day ONE!

Damn libs.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:07 AM   #54
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelCurtain View Post
A ball is a dance. It had great american heroes that have done more for this country than I will probably ever do and he should have gone. it was a bad move he didnt go. If you read what i said earlier you would already know that.
But dont make one choice into a whole reason why he hates the armed forces that my friend is way way past ludicrous.
Maybee you should go back to the thread and look at pictures of him at the Commander and Chief Ball. A ball that is only for millitary, free admission and had the rest of the Medal of Honor Winners, Purple Heart Winner and many other American Heroes.

Maybee there was a bigger reason he didnt go you dont know and i dont know. All you can do is speculate.
.....And that is the problem, he has allowed the american people to SPECULATE. He does not have a track record to fall back on. If he were two years into his term and had never missed an important function like this then people would give him a pass. Grow up mr president and get your head into the most important game and it's not the economy.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 AM   #55
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Tony Hipchest

liar! i never said that.

your quest for anarchy and the destruction of the establishment is what is rediculous.
You are a liar!

I never said or implied that.

A government is necessary imo and I’ve never said otherwise.

Quote:
Tony hipchest

im almost embarrassed for you calling our military a piss poor product.
Our military is necessary. I don’t think it is a piss poor product, just way overpriced.

Quote:
tony hipchest

i guess someone in the private sector with a doctorates in economics such as yourself could assemble and deliver a much better military.
You’re a liar!

I never said I had a doctorate. Only that I took an introductory course in economics which you of course you said you didn’t.

And for you to think I could assemble and deliver a better product than experts in that industry in the private sector, you are being ridiculous.

No, I couldn’t deliver a better military. I know nothing about it. ONLY the government thinks they can assemble and deliver competitive products at a competitive price in areas they know little or nothing about.....

That is my problem with the government. They are involved in and regulate all of these industries when the vast majority of them have little experience in the private sector or knowledge of the industries their legislation greatly affects.

Quote:
tony hipchest

see, i gotta be wary of anybody who is as anti-establishment as you. we dont want this world to run amuck.
You're a liar!

I am not anti-establishment. Just that I don't like the government involved in too many things when there is little competition or accountability in anything they do.

LOL. Your comment above is something I would expect from a communist. That to question the governments size, efficiency, value and involvement in many areas is anti-establshment. That someone like me who feels that free markets and competition are better than too much government and regulation which is ruining our country, is anti-establishment. Government is necessary, it’s just that I am pro accountability for the government and believe that the private sector generally provides MUCH better products at a better price due to competition and that the government generally produces terrible products that are overpriced and forces me to work 5 months a year at gunpoint to pay for their largely failed social engineering experiments.

The reason our country became the greatest in the world is primarily because of capitalism, free markets and competition not a big bloated over regulating and over priced government and lack of competition which is now the primary cause of our decline imo.

~ 3 Doors Down

Last edited by GBMelBlount; 01-28-2009 at 08:18 AM.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #56
RunWillieRun
Team President

Member Number: 3226

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Apparently some people are realizing they actually still have to make their house and car payments .

Wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Now wait just a damn minute here! I actually have to PAY my mortgage and car payment now!?!?! But Lord Obama was going to fix everything for us peasant folk.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #57
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts

lol. lying about someones stance to prove a point is fun and somewhat effective.

we should do more of it!

what you said is true as to what made us the greates country. of course carpe diem and manifest destiny also made us great.

if we didnt kick peoples ass and take their land we wouldnt have become so great.

things change. philosophies and policies change.

the question now is what will it take for us to REMAIN the greatest country in the world.

under our old policies and philosopies of the 1700-1800's we woulda slaughtered the iraquis and afghans and put them on reservations and enjoyed the spoils of their oil. you dont think that would get us out of this economic crunch?

my point is what may have worked to perfection in the past may not work in the future.

going down the road, we must steer this country by looking out the front window, not in the rearview mirror.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #58
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

lol. lying about someones stance to prove a point is fun and somewhat effective.

we should do more of it!

what you said is true as to what made us the greates country. of course carpe diem and manifest destiny also made us great.

if we didnt kick peoples ass and take their land we wouldnt have become so great.

things change. philosophies and policies change.

the question now is what will it take for us to REMAIN the greatest country in the world.

under our old policies and philosopies of the 1700-1800's we woulda slaughtered the iraquis and afghans and put them on reservations and enjoyed the spoils of their oil. you dont think that would get us out of this economic crunch?

my point is what may have worked to perfection in the past may not work in the future.

going down the road, we must steer this country by looking out the front window, not in the rearview mirror.
I agree Tony. And I honestly thought you had made a statement about our government being the best run business a few months back. Needless to say after going cross eyed to find it I gave up. My bad.

Anyway, reviewing a lot of your old posts I did find a few posts that were pro small business and capitalism, it's just that I have to REALLY look to find those "non-commie" nuggets you "accidentally" drop along the way.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #59
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337

Tony and GBMel are just a couple of liars!

Can't ...stop....laughing....
Old 01-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #60
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I LOVE it!

I point out the hypocrisy, the fact that Obama supporters cannot (and probably will not ever) say a single thing against "The One", and what is the response?

I'M attacked! It's so typical, so beautiful in it's absurdity. It's the apotheosis of killing the messenger.

But that's cool.

Like I said, I'm giving the guy some room to move. I like the fact that he's backpeddling on a lot of the utopian garbage he had to spew to get votes. He's now living in big boy world where there are real consequences to his actions, and we are literally seeing the dude grow up in front of us. His adoption of many Bush policies is a perfect example of him accepting that the real world is a nasty and evil place. I hope he continues to evolve and adapt and shift his policies, BUT I will also continue to point out when he does it. The response from the left is largely immaterial...