Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #11
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Default Re: Other Teams...

i HATE the Cowboys and most of all, i hate Cowboys fans. they are whiny assfaces with a nice chip on their shoulder all year around because they think that since they root for "America's Team" that they are better than everyone else.

granted, i KNOW we are better than everyone else...but atleast i'm not a snob about it like Cowboys fans. haha!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:50 AM   #12
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832

Since Im from Jersey, I rooted for the Giants last season when the Steelers got eliminated. Ive met with a lot of Giants players and even had Steve Smith go to my barber shops a couple of times, and what do you know, Eli lives in Hoboken, where the biggest steelers Bar in the Tri State area is located hahaha. Anyway I root for the Giants but I sure as hell didnt root for them when we played each other and when they lost I got a lot of crap but they saw my glare at them and they knew better lol.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #13
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,157 Times in 456 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

beleive it or not for me its the browns
i just dont want them to win any games
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #14
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
i love rooting for Pennsylvania teams. so, i'm going with the Eagles. McNabb gets a bad rep and Andy Reid is a bit of a bum, but if the Steelers already played or they have their bye week, my attention is on the Eagles.

so, i have an AFC team and and NFC team to root for...and they are both from the Commonwealth. =)
You know I truly wanted to see a battle for the state in this Super Bowl!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
i HATE the Cowboys and most of all, i hate Cowboys fans. they are whiny assfaces with a nice chip on their shoulder all year around because they think that since they root for "America's Team" that they are better than everyone else.

granted, i KNOW we are better than everyone else...but atleast i'm not a snob about it like Cowboys fans. haha!
The first line of this can be said equally for the Ravens and their fans as well! (And I can say that since I'm from Maryland)
Old 01-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

I'm only a "fan" of the Steelers but I watch every game I can pretty much.

I don't have a second team really, but I do have certain players I pull for because I think they're good guys or I watched them in college, etc...

Whenever I watch another game that isn't of the Steelers, I generally watch it more as if it were tape than anything. I pay attention to individual players and matchups - not the ball. It's a good way to really see how good some guys are. Some guys that have just amazed me that many people don't talk about over the last couple of years are Jabar Gaffney (WR Pats), Justin Griffith (FB Raiders), Antoine Winfield (CB Vikes), Mike Karney (FB Saints), Michael Lewis (SS 9ers) just to name a few. Those guys just do their jobs week in and week out and never get much credit for it. So I'm followers of guys like that, I like Warner and a few other players with good values who are good people too. And I also like to follow most of the rookies the year they come out because I'm so big into the draft.

So yeah, lol - I guess I do have guys that I pull for subsequently making me pull for their teams. But it's not like I have a "second" team though - I simply enjoy football.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

For me it's more if I have a favorite non-Steeler player on a team, I'll root for them. Or if I have a deep respect for a team like the Packers or Bears.

I'm likley to root for the team with a former Buckeye on it and hell, even most ex-Big 10 players.

But as for a second team, I have only 1 team, and that is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

But honestly, if the Steelers were not in this Super Bowl, I would probally break out my old U of Pitt Fitzgerald jersey.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #18
tattooboyzgirl
Water Boy

Member Number: 9945

I root for the San Francisco 49ers because my boyfriend loves them as much as I love the Steelers. But when it comes time for the Steelers too play the niners.......we go at it like cats and dogs!!! IT'S WAR!!!!!

I always like too rattle his chain and tell him WE are going too be the first team with 6 superbowl wins... not his!!!!!!!
tattooboyzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #19
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634

I root for the Steelers and that is it. I don't have a second team. I will watch any NFL game that is one and based on who I wagered on, that's who I will cheer for, but only the Steelers make or break my weekend.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #20
steelersfanman92
Starter

Member Number: 3372

My second team is the Cardinals, I have always liked them but once they got Fitzgerald that is when they became my 2nd, I always rooted for them because they never won and I thought they needed all the support they could get.

This was my ideal superbowl this year so I am very happy