Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Member Number: 10885
Default Re: Is Wal-mart Racist?

Bingo, HG. I also slave away for the Evil Empire (aka Wally World), and if I tried pulling that crap with a customer, I'd be fired.
SteelCurtain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856
Default Re: Is Wal-mart Racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain7 View Post
Bingo, HG. I also slave away for the Evil Empire (aka Wally World), and if I tried pulling that crap with a customer, I'd be fired.
I think in some cases it all depends on the managers and trainers that work there... we have some checkers that are awesome at our Walmart and others well... you just avoid their check out counter at all costs! I think the thing that annoys me the most is when I get the snooping checker - they may just want to make conversation but please don't start asking me about my items... "Oh I see you have a cat... " I guess I'm sort of a [not nice word that starts with a D] when it comes to people relations but I want to say... Wow, did the food give it away, or maybe it was the litter. In all fairness like I said they want to make conversation... a simple "How are you doing today" works great.

I also get a little uncomfortable with the frequent blessings we get after checking out. I'm all for spirituality, but I'm pretty sure that it's frowned upon to go over board (I do live in the bible belt of america now, but still). I don't mind a simple "Have a blessed day" to which I will reply, "Thank you - I hope you have the same!" And with a smile it's nice to know someone is looking out for you. However there are 2 checkers that almost do a sermon after they've collected your money. Honestly - I'd take a fight over NFL teams over this, anyday... I get rather worried I'm going to walk off before they complete what they're saying and thus be deemed rude for the rest of that person's day.

It could be worse though - the checker could be rude, non-friendly and basically do everything but spit on my food... right?

I give checkers at all different stores a ton of credit - I don't miss retail in the least, granted I worked in the mall.. but customer service is never an easy task.

Last edited by kittenfantastico76; 01-28-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: typo
kittenfantastico76 is offline   Reply With Quote