Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
nbj
Water Boy

Member Number: 10500
Default Who Was At The Ravens-Steelers game?

For those who went to the game, I had a couple of questions.
I have an interest in sports and demography.
If you wouldn't mind answering, I would most appreciate it.
Thanks!

1) Were there a lot of BAL fans there?
-How many, what percent would you say?

2) Was this the normal amount?
-If not, what is?

3) How did this compare to when PIT is at BAL?
-Does PIT bring a lot more?

4) On TV, I was a little surprised. I didn't see an "onslaught" but I did see what looked like pockets of Ravens fans here and there.
-When they scored a TD, it didn't sound too loud, but when Heap caught a pass, I did hear a good "Heap" chant.
-Given that PIT is such a popular team, with a good, huge local base, in a non transient area, I was surprised that BAL, a new franchise, was able to get enough tickets to be visible.
-Was this the case?
-If so, why?
-Are PIT fans really sell outs or is this a credit to how the BAL base is increasing and while maybe confinded to small area has a big heart?

Thanks!
nbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored
Default Re: Who Was At The Ravens-Steelers game?

I just read this thread so don't know if you'll see it. But will answer it anyway:

1) No, there wasn't that many Baltimore fans there, maybe 1000 at most. Not sure exactly, but not that many.

2) guess so, when walking through the stadium, there really wasn't as many as you think.

3) We have alot of fans that moved to Balt, DC area, probably more Steeler fans at Balt than vice versa

4) Like said, think you are over amplifying the amount of Ratbird fans that were there. Of all opposing fans that came through Heinz field this season, the Giants fans represented the most. They were everywhere!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
M1JAM
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13113

Do you mean the AFC Championship Game? I was there. But if you mean the regular season game at Heinz Fld, I was not there.
M1JAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

I was at the AFC CHAMP game, as well the OT win in Pittsburgh. A week earlier, I attended the Chargers game also, and to me, nothing in this world will EVER top a Steelers' game. PERIOD! With that said..

1) Were there a lot of BAL fans there?
-How many, what percent would you say?
You have your share of Baltimore fans, and there were actually a couple sitting right behind me in Sect 506. They didn't utter a word all game, and took some verbal abuse. I'd say there was about 9% of Ravens fans in Heinz during the Champ game.

2) Was this the normal amount?
-If not, what is?

Yeah, usually you will see some here and some there, but all in all Ratbird fans are always a needle in a hay stack.

3) How did this compare to when PIT is at BAL?
-Does PIT bring a lot more?

Never been to an away game, but one of these days I hope to make one. That's next on my list. According to others, Steelers' fans represent better than any other team, even in Baltimore.

4) On TV, I was a little surprised. I didn't see an "onslaught" but I did see what looked like pockets of Ravens fans here and there.
-When they scored a TD, it didn't sound too loud, but when Heap caught a pass, I did hear a good "Heap" chant.
-Given that PIT is such a popular team, with a good, huge local base, in a non transient area, I was surprised that BAL, a new franchise, was able to get enough tickets to be visible.
-Was this the case?
-If so, why?
-Are PIT fans really sell outs or is this a credit to how the BAL base is increasing and while maybe confinded to small area has a big heart?

65,000 people is a T-O-N of people. Sometimes it's even more given the fact of the suites and things like that. The AFC CHAMP games registered the largest tally of ANY crowd at Heinz Field in its existence. Of course you'll have your patches of the other teams' fans circulated around the stadium, and they will be heard, esp when they make a nice play, or a touchdown, because the home fans become silent. By no means, is the Baltimore Ravens franchise a "new franchise." They have been in the league since 1996.. that's 13 years. HARDLY a new franchise. Again, Baltimore fans show up, ESP at the magnitude as big as an AFC TITLE game, but they were still only about 9%. Nothing will compare to Steelers Nation.
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote