Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120
Default Snow Story

Do you have any bad or funny snow stories? I have one. My husband just got home from work and parked his car in the culd de sac in front of our house so that he could shovel our driveway. Well, he got a quick bite to eat and went out to shovel. So here I am in my office (it is in the front of the house) watching him work so hard on clearing the driveway – I am really proud of him. Then when he was almost done – the plow truck came by and took all of the piled snow in the culd de sec and put it at the top of our driveway and pinned his car…Poor Papa Smurf!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
Muppet13
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9529
Default Re: Snow Story

That's terrible. You should call and complain about the plow truck doing that.

I have had 2 snow days here. I actually miss school.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

that shit happens to me EVERYDAY!!! haha!

i get home from work at 6:30 in the morning and by then my girlfriend has to get up for class. so, i make some breakfast and go out and start her car up and shovel out the driveway for her. because she has a tendency to run late...all the time! haha!

so, i take care of the morning chores and those stupid plow trucks come by RIGHT before she leaves and plows her in. haha!

stupids! haha!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu Princess View Post
Do you have any bad or funny snow stories? I have one. My husband just got home from work and parked his car in the culd de sac in front of our house so that he could shovel our driveway. Well, he got a quick bite to eat and went out to shovel. So here I am in my office (it is in the front of the house) watching him work so hard on clearing the driveway – I am really proud of him. Then when he was almost done – the plow truck came by and took all of the piled snow in the culd de sec and put it at the top of our driveway and pinned his car…Poor Papa Smurf!!!!
Yeah that would really tick me off ...poor guy...does all that work and look what happens. :(

I wish, when I was married, my ex hubby would have done things like shoveling snow(would have helped me out a little). I did all of it. We lived on a hill, on a one way street...on street parking only...sidewalk in front...I used to shovel two flights of about 10 steps each, the sidewalk and clean off his car( so it would be ready for him when he went to leave for work) and then do mine. Plus the front and back porches and sidewalk around the house. I never complained to him, because I figured if he wanted to do it he would have. I looked at it as good exercise :) , but it would have been nice if he would have offered to do it once in a while.

I also was in a severe car accident Jan. 2008...A car pulled out right in front of me at the last minute and I had to slam my breaks on...slid on an icy patch and hit a phone pole head on. Was life flighted to AGH in Pittsburgh.

So anyways, I do love the snow though...still love to go sled riding! :)
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitygal87 View Post
Yeah that would really tick me off ...poor guy...does all that work and look what happens. :(

I wish, when I was married, my ex hubby would have done things like shoveling snow(would have helped me out a little). I did all of it. We lived on a hill, on a one way street...on street parking only...sidewalk in front...I used to shovel two flights of about 10 steps each, the sidewalk and clean off his car( so it would be ready for him when he went to leave for work) and then do mine. Plus the front and back porches and sidewalk around the house. I never complained to him, because I figured if he wanted to do it he would have. I looked at it as good exercise :) , but it would have been nice if he would have offered to do it once in a while.

I also was in a severe car accident Jan. 2008...A car pulled out right in front of me at the last minute and I had to slam my breaks on...slid on an icy patch and hit a phone pole head on. Was life flighted to AGH in Pittsburgh.

So anyways, I do love the snow though...still love to go sled riding! :)
WOW - you are lucky to be alive after that accident!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I have one...but I don't think it's funny.

I drove home early this morning and pulled into my driveway...I only got about halfway up and my car got stuck.

Fast forward 14 hours...my car is still stuck. Frozen into my drive. No amount of pushing or pulling or shoveling will get it out, and I can't get a tow until my street is plowed, which won't be happening anytime soon since I am off the beaten path.

I may have a "snow day" tomorrow, though, so i guess that might not be awful...
Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #7
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Yeah, I was blessed that it wasn't worse. I suffered a broken sternum, fractured skull, 3 broken ribs, and shattered my right ankle...had to have 2 1/2 hours of surgery..dr. put in screws to hold the bones together. I was bedridden for 3 months as I could not put any weight on it at all. I went through a few months of therapy and can walk pretty decent now, although when I go down stairs I have to take them one at a time..both feet on the step..I can't walk down them like normal. My neighbor saw the car after the accident and he was amazed that I didn't suffer more severe injuries...he thought it was a miracle too.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

My buddy used to park his white Ford Tempo at the bottom of his grandpas driveway and one year it snowed so deep the plow couldnt see his car and packed snow all over it. It was covered for 4 days.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #9
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Member Number: 10885

We've had several inches of the white stuff here in Mizzou. By the Super Bowl, it should all be gone, with temps expected to get in the upper forties.
SteelCurtain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

I would have been livid if that happened to me after doing all that shoveling. I used to do the bulk of the shoveling for my dad from time to time - he's had issues with heart attacks in the past and I wouldn't want him to have anything bad happen. I love that our neighbor helps us out too.

One AM I stayed home from work (this is when I still lived in Maryland - land of snow)... I went back to bed and figured once it stopped I'd shovel for my dad... I woke up and looked out the window to see how much snow had fallen... our neighbor had already cleared the small driveway for us!

SO SWEET!!!