Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-31-2005, 02:26 PM   #21
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Re: Brett Favre, the greatest of all-time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
No, it's not an insult. Putting Bradshaw ahead of Favre on the all-time list is IMO.

Terry Bradshaw came through in the biggest moments of the biggest games so many times its not even funny. He and Roger Staubach were the best quartebacks of that era
and to compare Favre to either one of them is just embarrassing to Favre. # 8 is fine, but
ive seen to many ridiculous moments in Favres career that the media whitewashes. If Michael Vick or Donavan McNabb or even Brady and Manning screwed up as many times as Favre they would be lambasted. Favre does it and it gets excused as "he just wants to win so badly"
take # 8 and be happy. its a great career. make your speech in Canton.
but puhleeze stop with the "best ever" garbage. or even close to it.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:25 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,937 Times in 3,006 Posts

if farve played his career with the steelers during cowhers tenure hed easilly have 4 rings on his resume. same with marino. these 2 qb's were able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 03:44 PM   #23
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
I have never been a big Favre fan... I don't know if I even know where to put him in my top ten. From what I've seen, It would be something like this... the jury is still out on Peyton, he may go down as the best ever.

1. Joe Montana
2. Dan Marino
3. John Elway
4. Jonny Unitas
5. Troy Aikman
6. Steve Young
7. Dan Fouts
8. Terry Bradshaw
9. Jim Kelly
10. ???Moon, Farve, Tarkenton, Namath, Staubach???

There has been a lot of great quarterbacks...

Come on man are you kidding with this list!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all you have 5 of them that played in warm weather!!! If Brett played in SD his numbers would be unreal!!!!

Montana is the best of all time.....But if Brett comes back and breaks Marino's records then its no contest, Brett is 2nd all time.....He has SB ring Marino has none!!! I love Marino but facts are facts...Marino had better WR's for longer time, hell he had Duper and Clayton for around 10yrs........

Farve will be 2nd best QB in history....Stats + wins-i.e. playoffs and SB= equation for best QB ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:01 PM   #24
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Four SB games don't make a career....Look up the word "career" in Webster's Dictionary and then talk. He came up big in the SB's. That's it. He was a rookie in 1970 and didn't throw for 300yds until 1978. He was also taken in and out of the starting spot for his first five or six years. How many of the greatest of all-time did that happen to? It's great to be a diehard Steelers fan and all, but I am so sick of it taking away the objectivity you should have.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:07 PM   #25
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I love Bradshaw, so I wouldn`t be a good one to get in this subject!
Old 12-31-2005, 04:11 PM   #26
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Bradshaw is one of the greatest SB QB's of all-time....Big difference. Bradshaw and Montana then I guess are #'s 1 & 2 the best of all-time? Not saying that you said it Cleve...Being a fan of Bradshaw's, which I am, shouldn't cloud judgement his career. Stats don't lie.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:48 PM   #27
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
Bradshaw is one of the greatest SB QB's of all-time....Big difference. Bradshaw and Montana then I guess are #'s 1 & 2 the best of all-time? Not saying that you said it Cleve...Being a fan of Bradshaw's, which I am, shouldn't cloud judgement his career. Stats don't lie.
how can you deny bradshaws 7 rings?

sure 3 of them were of the wedding variety........

agreed though, that 3>4's placement of farve and staubach were WAY off.

and bradshaw will always be the greatest person to ever play qb. (note the subtle difference between "greatest qb")
Old 12-31-2005, 05:12 PM   #28
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

just curious how many of you guys were actualy old enough to watch Bradshaw and Staubach play or are you just going by the stats thing? Roger Staubach was the most feared clutch QB of his generation. He didnt heave up interceptions with no receiver around in playoff games like Favre. And its easy to hand imaginary rings to Marino and Favre IF they played with the 70's Steelers. But Bradshaw did it, and not just in the SB which was alleged earlier. He was solid all year during the SB years. Decision making is a big part of being a QB, so id suspect Favre would make stupid plays with Pittsburgh too.
Hey, im a Patriots fan, so its not being a Steeler "homer". And I HATED Staubach and the Cowboys all those years. Thats how i can vouch for his greatness. I hated seeing Staubach with the ball at the end of a game more than anybody. I guess its how you all feel when my boy Brady has it now.
one more point about stats + playoff wins and SB.........
before hes done Drew Bledsoe will pass Favre, so does that make Bledsoe the second best QB ever? and Favre doesnt have all that many playoff wins.
by that equation Elway is far superior. 50,000 yards, more playoff wins and 2 SB wins.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #29
tony hipchest

there is good argument for elway being considered the greatest of all time. farve or marino with the cowher led steelers, wouldve won 3-4. farve never had the receiving core of the '95 steelers or a h.o.f. rb like kordell, maddox, ofr ben. marino either. let alone the steelers defense.

i can list you 4 afc champ games at home and 1 sb where farve or marino wouldve easilly come up 5x more cluch than with their respective teams
Old 12-31-2005, 05:34 PM   #30
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Favre deserves to be mentioned among the greatest (say top 10) QB's of all time, but he's, in my book, the greatest "gunslinger" of all time. Nobody ever made as many improbable plays or impossible throws as Favre. And he's easily the toughest guy to ever play the position.

Mike Sherman once said that he had an almost miracle-like ability to heal in an interview...the interviewer started to laugh until he noticed Sherman wasn't joking. Sherman said he'd sustain an injury on Sunday that would sideline any other player for at least a game, and not only would Favre be ready for the next game, he'd be back at practice and fine by Wednesday.

There was a time when I didn't care much for Favre...saw him show up at 7AM for the QB challenge drunk, and other stuff like that, but I've begrudgingly gained an incredible amount of respect for his ability over the years.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote