Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #21
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: Maurice Clarret sighting!

I heard that the robbery was broken up by the bar owner who walked out back a saw it. He also said he knows Clarret, and both the victims. Sounds strange... I don't know why Maurice would do something like this. I can't picture him addicted to drugs, but you never know.

I also heard that he would have likely been picked up by a team today and allocated to NFL Europe.

His whole story is sad... after his freshman year at OSU I thought he would go on to be one of the best runners the game has ever seen.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #22
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A man who told police he was robbed in an alley behind a bar early Sunday says he doesn't know if it was former Denver Broncos running back Maurice Clarett dressed in black who told him to empty his pockets.

Lucas Nyarko, 28, told The Columbus Dispatch that he hopes it was just someone who looked like the 22-year-old, who helped Ohio State win the national championship in 2002.

But police were searching for Clarett, who was accused of using a gun to rob Nyarko and a friend shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday. Nyarko said his friend identified Clarett after police showed her photographs, and police said the bar owner, who came outside during the robbery, knew Clarett.

According to police, Clarett left in a white sport utility vehicle with two other men and took only a cell phone from his alleged victims, who weren't injured. He was wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery.

Nyarko said he and his friend were approached by a man dressed in black, who told them he needed something. Nyarko said the man pulled up his shirt and showed them a gun tucked in his pants. The man moved the gun to the front of his waistband and told them to empty their pockets.

Nyarko said after he handed the man his cell phone, a woman came out of the bar and yelled, "Maurice!" in greeting to the man, who hugged her. He then carried the woman, who police said was bar owner Tashona Corvi, toward the SUV, put her down and got in the vehicle.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said he was informed of the incident on his way to the Fiesta Bowl news conference in Scottsdale, Ariz.

"Obviously, my reaction to that is it's sad," Tressel said, "because, as I said the last few times people have brought up the subject, my hope would be that he would have an opportunity to go over to NFL Europe and make a comeback.

"I hope it's not true, but beyond that, I don't know much, but my reaction is, I was sad."

Before Sunday's incident, Clarett was negotiating a deal and was likely going to sign with an NFL team on Monday, Josh Luchs, one of Clarett's agents, told ESPN The Magazine's Tom Friend.

Clarett was expected to be allocated to NFL Europe if he signed, Friend reported.

Clarett's cousin, Vince Marrow, told the Dispatch he spoke to Clarett's mother Sunday.

"She is shocked. She was getting ready to go to church and I told her there was an arrest warrant for Maurice. She was like, 'What?'" he said.

A message was left Sunday at Michelle Clarett's home in Youngstown.

Clarett rushed for 1,237 yards and scored 16 touchdowns as a freshman. He sat out the 2003 season after he was charged with misdemeanor falsification for filing a police report claiming that more than $10,000 in clothing, CDs, cash and stereo equipment was stolen from a car he borrowed from a local dealership. He later pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.

Ohio State suspended Clarett for misleading investigators, and for receiving special benefits worth thousands of dollars from a family friend.

In an interview with ESPN The Magazine in November 2004, Clarett said coaches and boosters arranged for him to get passing grades, cars and thousands of dollars while at Ohio State. None of the allegations were verified and Clarett never responded to NCAA requests to be interviewed about them as part of its investigation into Ohio State's athletic program.

Clarett also unsuccessfully challenged the NFL's requirement that players wait three years after high school before turning pro in a case that went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Clarett was chosen by the Broncos in last year's draft, but the team cut him in August.

link-----> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2278011
Old 01-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #23
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Tragic, how friggin stupid?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #24
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

It seemed like just a matter of time untill he did something stupid. Maybey now he can get put into some good counsling through the courts and get his life straightend out
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #25
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

Shannon Sharpe said something about Clarrett becoming a "beer truck driver." At this point, Clarrett couldn't even get that gig now. Lying to an insurance company; pawning his bowl ring; getting in a fight at a pick-up football game; and finally, armed robbery. BRUTAL!
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #26
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

What a loser! Kid has alot of issues.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #27
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Now that Clarett is back in trouble I wonder how long before Jim Brown re-surfaces to stand in his corner??
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #28
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge
Now that Clarett is back in trouble I wonder how long before Jim Brown re-surfaces to stand in his corner??
You took the words right out of my mouth! Jim Brown as your advisor? Smart? Hell no, this guy has beat up more women than larry johnson. His lawyers , his advisors, and his friends, all suck.
Maybe its just me, but the report said the get away vehicle was a whits suv, can you sayO.J.?
Old 01-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #29
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Maurice Clarett Surrenders to Ohio Police
By ERICA RYAN, Associated Press Writer

OLUMBUS, Ohio - Maurice Clarett would've been a senior at Ohio State this season had he stayed with the Buckeyes, likely a key member of a team that just won its third Fiesta Bowl in four years.

Instead of joining the day-after celebration with teammates Tuesday, Clarett was headed to court to face charges of robbing two people with a gun in an alley behind a bar.

After spending the better part of two days wanted by police, Clarett turned himself in Monday night, right around the time the Buckeyes were finishing up a 34-20 win over Notre Dame in Tempe, Ariz.

His lawyer, Percy Squire, said Clarett would be jailed overnight and planned to plead not guilty at a Tuesday court appearance. Squire wouldn't elaborate.

Clarett was wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery since early Sunday, when police said he flashed a gun and demanded property from a man and a woman behind the Opium Lounge in downtown Columbus.

Rest of article: http://www.comcast.net/sports/colleg...03/295536.html
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #30
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Man,if the guy wasn't a total jackass he could have taken OSU to multiple NC's,won a Heisman,and been an Ohio State legend.He could have been a #1 overall draft pick!But instead greed got to him and he's now stuped to this.What a waste of talent.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote