Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583
Default Congratulations from a Bengal fan...

I was on the Bengal message boards and ran across this post...and thought it was very well written and worth reading...

I would like to personally congradulate the Steelers organization and their fans for a great season, and great franchise overall. It is apparrent to me that your Front Office, Owner, and GM truly care about being successful and will do almost anything necessary to obtain success. That is something that as a Bengals fan, I wish I could say confidently that my team has as well. Unfortunately, that has been made clear that that is not the case.

I'm sure some Steeler fans will get on hear and celebrate their victory and may even over-do it a bit, but I'd like to set that all aside right now. Whether you are our rivals or not, whether we like each other or not, I can respect the way your organization is run and how blessed you as a fan base must be. No other franchise had ever won 6 Super Bowls until the Pittsburgh Steelers on this night.

Whether it be because of freak/amazing plays, determination, never giving up, or just sheer luck, you found a way to get it done and won the big game, which is something I am not sure the Bengals will ever be able to do.

I honestly used to hate the Steelers with a passion. I've always been one to root for the underdog, and the Steelers have always opposed that. They are contenders every season to take it all the way. I've seen posts on here recently about whether us Bengals fans are jealous of the Steelers and the organization and what not, and in a sense, I can agree with that. I now realize that as a Bengal fan, I need to accept that we will probably never even get close to as successful as the Steelers are. I can honestly say I do not hate them any more. Does that mean I will root for them? Of course not, but does it mean I will pout and be mad and insecure about the Steelers success? No, I don't think it means that either. I realize there is still much to be said from the Steeler fans, but I cannot say I blame them. I think with the success you have had, you deserve to celebrate 6 Super Bowl championships. I think any other teams fans would do the same thing.

I think this is something that you should celebrate, but not take for granted, as there are many teams that have never won it, and many teams that have never even been there. I wish with all my heart that some day the Bengals will make it back to the Super Bowl and win it, I just don't know how realistic of a possibility that is. For now, all I can do is marvel at the accomplishments of others and hope that some day the Bengals will be able to mirror the success of the Steelers to some degree and do the same. Until then, I send you my deepest congradulations, and hope to someday see the success in the Bengals that I see in the Steelers now.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Congratulations from a Bengal fan...

Wow, now that's an honest heart felt post.

Congrats to that classy fan.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

nice post a classy bengals fan!

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
Benzbrother
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12117

Class act - I love seeing fans from one team genuinely being respectful towards another

Sig created by 86WARD-- thanks!
Benzbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
Milkman
Starter

Member Number: 1055

I think I might be having a heart attack RIGHT NOW!
lol

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #6
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

As a delusional Pirates fan I can relate to their pain.

It's hard to stomach watching a championship and knowing YOUR FO doesn't really care about getting there.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #7
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I have to savor these rare moments of civility from any fan, much less a Bengals fan. Getting increasingly hard to find these days. Good find.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:16 AM   #8
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
I think I might be having a heart attack RIGHT NOW!
lol
LOL , Yeah that is what I almost did....as if the game didn't almost kill me lol. See, a true fan of the game of football UNDERSTANDS what the Steelers have accomplished and can appreciate it. You can hear the longing in his voice....how desperately he wants a championship for his own team, must have been difficult for him to write what he did. We have 6...he would settle for one....how truly blessed we are.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:16 AM   #9
DJ919
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10605

Very well put. Very Classy ... See this is what TRUE NFL Fans are all about. A lot of Fans need to take a lesson from this person.
DJ919 is offline   Reply With Quote