Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172
Default Dear Cardinals fans: I implore you, don't be like Seahawks fans

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,138150

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:07 am EST

Dear Cardinals fans: I implore you, don't be like Seahawks fans
By MJD
If you're a Cardinals fan, maybe it's best if you don't read this right now. You're still emotional. You're still hurting. Take the night and maybe tomorrow, and give yourself time to suffer sufficiently. Then come back. When you're ready, there's something I'd like to say to you.

Please don't be bitter about this loss. Please don't blame the officials for it. Please don't needlessly fill your heart with hate that will still be manifesting itself in embarrassing ways years later. You're better than that.

I'm not saying there weren't some goofy calls in this game. There were, and some of those goofy calls went against the Cardinals. Not all of them, though. There's no way I'm going to get into every single call, but the Cardinals were also the beneficiaries of a couple. Just off the top of my head, the safety was called on an extremely chintzy holding call, and James Harrison was held way more often than people were called for holding James Harrison.

And the Kurt Warner fumble call that wasn't reviewed at the end? Come on, do you really think that turned the game? If the officials do review it and it does go the Cardinals' way (which might not have happened), it buys them 15 seconds and a couple of shots at the end zone. That's somehow a guarantee of a win? That somehow means you were robbed?

Sometimes, a loss is just a loss.

In the wake of Super Bowl XL, there was a certain segment of Seahawks fans that redefined what it means to be a whiny fanbase. The crying, moaning and bellyaching that went on after that game was unprecedented. One of the loudest and most spirited fanbases in the league, and a normally rational and sane group of people, suddenly morphed into a giant, mindless tribe that was like a hybrid of high school girls who lost the vote for prom queen and the 9/11 truthers. Conspiracy theories and self pity-parties were out of control. It was sad, really.

Don't be like that. For your own good, don't be like that. Not only will you embarrass yourselves and make everyone hate you, but if you honestly look into your heart and ask yourself, "Can I say that we honestly and absolutely deserved to win this game?", I think you'll find that the answer is no.

Congratulate yourselves on a fantastic season, know that you shut up anyone who didn't think you belonged in the game, and get used to being one of the NFL's better franchises. You could be back, very very soon.

Wow i about feel out of my chair!!

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,536 Posts
Default Re: Dear Cardinals fans: I implore you, don't be like Seahawks fans

too late....they've already taken the low road.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:42 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
In the wake of Super Bowl XL, there was a certain segment of Seahawks fans that redefined what it means to be a whiny fanbase. The crying, moaning and bellyaching that went on after that game was unprecedented. One of the loudest and most spirited fanbases in the league, and a normally rational and sane group of people, suddenly morphed into a giant, mindless tribe that was like a hybrid of high school girls who lost the vote for prom queen and the 9/11 truthers. Conspiracy theories and self pity-parties were out of control. It was sad, really.
WAS? They're still pissing and moaning about it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,789 Times in 1,795 Posts

The fumble was also reviewed and found that it was just that, a fumble.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
The fumble was also reviewed and found that it was just that, a fumble.
No shit. They DID review it - not every booth review takes 20 goddamn minutes.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
No shit. They DID review it - not every booth review takes 20 goddamn minutes.
And somebody from the NFL will re-explain that to those bitter Cards fans in the next 48 hours.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
And somebody from the NFL will re-explain that to those bitter Cards fans in the next 48 hours.
Didn't matter 3 years ago and it won't matter in 48 hours. People who have their minds made up that their team was "robbed" aren't going to change them. Especially when asshats in the media validate their beliefs.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:05 AM   #8
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

The Cards and their fans should have alot to be proud of-Whisenhunt really changed the culture and morale of that franchise, and they're going to be very good for years to come.

Sure-they came up short, and they may never win a Super Bowl for quite some time, but the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that the culture is changed in the desert.

I mean, really-when was the last time a coach busted their tails in practice when they were going through a slump? Coaches prior to Whiz wouldn't have done 2 ***** and would have stuck their heads in the sand, and wouldn't even have made this nearly this far.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #9
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Didn't matter 3 years ago and it won't matter in 48 hours. People who have their minds made up that their team was "robbed" aren't going to change them. Especially when asshats in the media validate their beliefs.
FWIW-the Hawks nabbed the NFC's #1 seed that year b/c they got a TON of lucky breaks. When we played them in Oct of that year, they beat us b/c our sorry kicker missed a chip shot, and when one of their DBs held Jason Witten in the endzone, one of the refs picked up the flag and ruled how that DB slipped(in the rain) which made him fall on Witten.(this was the play that lead to the missed chipshot) And then Bledsoe did his usual choke-job at the very end. They also got lucky against the Giants later that year when their kicker missed 3 chances to win it for them at the end. Otherwise, the Giants were beating them up a good one.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #10
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

The Cards played their asses off and should be very proud. Hell they was 2 minutes away from being world champs.